FL-SurveyUSA: Rick Perry leads Joe Biden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:40:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-SurveyUSA: Rick Perry leads Joe Biden
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SurveyUSA: Rick Perry leads Joe Biden  (Read 1243 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2014, 01:06:29 AM »

SUSA polls another 2016 matchup every time they poll the FL Governor race.

This time (859 registered voters):

50% Hillary Clinton (D)
40% Rick Perry (R)

44% Rick Perry (R)
43% Joe Biden (D)

Cell-phone respondents and home-phone respondents included in this research: SurveyUSA interviewed 950 state of Florida adults 07/31/14 through 08/04/14.

Of the adults, 859 were registered to vote. Of the registered voters, 576 were determined by SurveyUSA to be likely to vote in the 11/04/14 general election.

This research was conducted using blended sample, mixed mode. Respondents reachable on a home telephone (75% of likely voters) were interviewed on their home telephone in the recorded voice of a professional announcer.

Respondents not reachable on a home telephone were shown a questionnaire on their smartphone, tablet or electronic device.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=64bcc835-450e-4950-9a3a-1254b0107388
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 01:08:57 AM »

Way to bury the lede. Wink
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 01:15:48 AM »

Do you guys think they'll wait to call Florida for Clinton or will they call it as soon as polls in the panhandle have closed?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »

Do you guys think they'll wait to call Florida for Clinton or will they call it as soon as polls in the panhandle have closed?

3% Clinton lead at that time -- too close to call
6% or more at that time -- Florida called, and everyone will know.

If Hillary is up more than 6% in Florida, then she is winning Ohio, Virginia, and perhaps Georgia and North Carolina.   
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »

3% Clinton lead at that time -- too close to call
6% or more at that time -- Florida called, and everyone will know.

If Hillary is up more than 6% in Florida, then she is winning Ohio, Virginia, and perhaps Georgia and North Carolina.   
It not only depends on the size of the lead, but how much of the vote is counted during the 7:00 hour. If it ends up being like '08 where only 15% of the statewide FL vote was in at 8 EST, then it won't be called unless exit polls indicate a double digit Hillary margin. However, if it is like '10 when 35% of the vote was in 8 EST, or '12 when 42% of the vote was in at 8 EST, then a 6-7 point Hillary lead at that point would be the approximate threshold for calling it, but some of the more cautious networks (i.e. CNN, ABC) could wait another half hour or so to get some more of the I-4 corridor election day vote.
NHLiberal

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »

I love Biden and think he'd make a phenomenal President...but I really really really really hope he doesn't run.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:25:28 PM »

I love Biden and think he'd make a phenomenal President...but I really really really really hope he doesn't run.
If Clinton refuses to run, then would you want him to run? Or do you not want him to run for another reason?
NHLiberal

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:40:59 PM »

If Clinton refuses to run, then would you want him to run? Or do you not want him to run for another reason?

Regardless of Hillary's plans, I don't want him to run because it's pretty clear that he probably wouldn't win the general election. He'd probably poll better right now than any non-Hillary general election Dem just because of name recognition, but I still think Gillibrand, Warner, maybe O'Malley (for all the hatred he gets here, he's pretty respected & considered legitimate among those who know him in the real world), or a dark horse that we aren't thinking of right now would probably do better in a GE than Biden. It's too bad that we confine ourselves to such a limited group of people when we talk about 2016 Democratic candidates though. 2010 definitely hurt the party a lot in terms of bringing about potential 2016 candidates but the party is also hurting itself in the unlikely event that Hillary doesn't run by only talking about a few people (while the Republicans are talking about literally everyone).
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »

Regardless of Hillary's plans, I don't want him to run because it's pretty clear that he probably wouldn't win the general election. He'd probably poll better right now than any non-Hillary general election Dem just because of name recognition, but I still think Gillibrand, Warner, maybe O'Malley (for all the hatred he gets here, he's pretty respected & considered legitimate among those who know him in the real world), or a dark horse that we aren't thinking of right now would probably do better in a GE than Biden. It's too bad that we confine ourselves to such a limited group of people when we talk about 2016 Democratic candidates though. 2010 definitely hurt the party a lot in terms of bringing about potential 2016 candidates but the party is also hurting itself in the unlikely event that Hillary doesn't run by only talking about a few people (while the Republicans are talking about literally everyone).

I think I see what you mean about Biden. Gillibrand and Warner could definitely win, whereas Biden runs the risk of losing in a blowout. For a Democratic governor, O'Malley isn't that bad, at least from my view here in Virginia, but his viability in a general election is questionable. A liberal governor from one of the most liberal states in the Northeast, and the country, for that matter, might have limited appeal nationally, but we would just have to see what happens if he were nominated.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »

Haha, a poll between the two biggest goofballs in American politics.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 04:16:17 PM »

Good, Biden is a clown.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 05:53:10 PM »

I'd rather have a clown than a scumbag like Perry.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies