Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:15:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170866 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: August 11, 2014, 10:42:11 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  It was a really good day with a minor mistake at the end of the day.  I did something that reversed about 15 minutes of work.  I corrected that in about 10-15 minutes and then it was time to go home.  No worries on that mistake, I just know not to do that again.

Why has this been overlooked? Why do you even bother mentioning this at all? It's like you want to start getting defensive.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #801 on: August 11, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »

Yeah, we're really slacking at engaging the plot here. Bushie has told us today he screwed up at work, Allison dumped him for not pleasing her intimately, and he gorged on chocolate cake that he knows will give him a Grade 7 headache tomorrow.

This is like third act climax pace tonight. A surprise finale might be around the corner (RIP Bushie).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #802 on: August 11, 2014, 10:49:27 PM »

Bushie's life is so surreal. I've never had anyone ask me to come over to play boardgames at night.

Not even in college? Though for Bushie, yeah, that is weird.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #803 on: August 11, 2014, 10:51:31 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  It was a really good day with a minor mistake at the end of the day.  I did something that reversed about 15 minutes of work.  I corrected that in about 10-15 minutes and then it was time to go home.  No worries on that mistake, I just know not to do that again.

Why has this been overlooked? Why do you even bother mentioning this at all? It's like you want to start getting defensive.

I think most of us assume he is on his way out so we don't bother bringing that up. He's constantly making mistakes and wasting 20-25 minutes a day going back to fix them, so I fear he won't be at this job much longer. The owner is probably losing patience with him. But, I hope I'm wrong.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #804 on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:40 PM »

Bushie's life is so surreal. I've never had anyone ask me to come over to play boardgames at night.

This is pretty normal in the nerd culture I inhabit, though the games tend to be like these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German-style_board_game

That is, games like Settlers of Catan and Carcassone.  Also, of course, Axis & Allies.  I used to do some all day Axis & Allies games when I was in college and grad school, but don't really do that anymore.

In fact, I still do board gaming remotely with my friends in North America.  We play online versions, while we talk to each other over Google Hangouts.

However, I suspect that the board games that Bushie would play are far more vanilla, like Monopoly or Life, or something like that.  But maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here.  Bushie, what kind of board games do you play?

A past episode featured Our Dear Friend embracing his inner rebel and staying up allllllll night for a game of Monopoly. 
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #805 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:14 PM »

This is pretty normal in the nerd culture I inhabit, though the games tend to be like these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German-style_board_game

That is, games like Settlers of Catan and Carcassone.  Also, of course, Axis & Allies.  I used to do some all day Axis & Allies games when I was in college and grad school, but don't really do that anymore.

In fact, I still do board gaming remotely with my friends in North America.  We play online versions, while we talk to each other over Google Hangouts.

However, I suspect that the board games that Bushie would play are far more vanilla, like Monopoly or Life, or something like that.  But maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here.  Bushie, what kind of board games do you play?

A past episode featured Our Dear Friend embracing his inner rebel and staying up allllllll night for a game of Monopoly. 
Jeff Dean
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #806 on: August 11, 2014, 11:37:05 PM »

Bushie, why wouldn't you let Allison see your inner perv? We certainly all know he exists.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #807 on: August 11, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »

Sounds like Allison wasn't as goody two shoes as Bushie wanted her to be. If only he had opened up to her like a real man. Maybe he truly is destined for a pious life.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #808 on: August 11, 2014, 11:58:19 PM »

Bushie, why wouldn't you let Allison see your inner perv? We certainly all know he exists.

Srsly.

Bushie, don't you think some PlayBoy TV might have been just the thing to rev ol' Allie's engines?  You do know that it's common in America today for boyfriends and girlfriends to have relations before marriage, right?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #809 on: August 12, 2014, 12:05:22 AM »

Srsly.

Bushie, don't you think some PlayBoy TV might have been just the thing to rev ol' Allie's engines?  You do know that it's common in America today for boyfriends and girlfriends to have relations before marriage, right?

It sounds like it wasn't just a lack of sex, but that even simple displays of affection were lacking.  Maybe he just wasn't that into her.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #810 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:21 AM »

I think Bushie takes his faith to such extremes that it even turns off christian woman. He probably acted like she was a untouchable so he could "respect" her and ended up turning her completely off in the process.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #811 on: August 12, 2014, 04:10:53 AM »

I play lots of board games with my friends, it's a hobby like any other and not really surreal.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #812 on: August 12, 2014, 06:04:51 AM »

Bushie had chocolate cake twice today? RIP job Sad
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #813 on: August 12, 2014, 06:28:38 AM »

Board games + lots of wine = awesome.

Otherwise... bit sad.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #814 on: August 12, 2014, 07:40:22 AM »

im predicting a grade a headache and tummyache for bushie today.  im afraid he may have pigged out at the men's meeting.

board games could be fun, i suppose.  depends on who you are playing with.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #815 on: August 12, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »

Guys, chill out about the headache. He also had ice cream, which is the delicious antidote to the chocolate cake's sinister ways.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #816 on: August 12, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »

have we heard from bushie this morning?

hopefully he made it to work.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #817 on: August 12, 2014, 08:48:39 AM »

have we heard from bushie this morning?

hopefully he made it to work.

I think he simply doesn't want to answer the hard questions about what board games he plays.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #818 on: August 12, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »

I can't believe that after years of people encouraging Bushie to find a non-call center job and stick with it, once he's accomplished that, he's getting cracks about sex and his social life.

I'm not anyone important here and can't summon up the moral authority of a Gustaf or Al to rain down lightning bolts on this thread, but I ask people to take a step back, think about what's actually happened here, and whether what you're doing is helping or hurting. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #819 on: August 12, 2014, 09:16:39 AM »

No morning post from bushie is a telltale sign that he slept in. He's been silent all morning. RIP job Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #820 on: August 12, 2014, 09:50:09 AM »

I can't believe that after years of people encouraging Bushie to find a non-call center job and stick with it, once he's accomplished that, he's getting cracks about sex and his social life.

I'm not anyone important here and can't summon up the moral authority of a Gustaf or Al to rain down lightning bolts on this thread, but I ask people to take a step back, think about what's actually happened here, and whether what you're doing is helping or hurting. 

Agreed. I enjoy board games with friends, and who cares what his sex life is like.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #821 on: August 12, 2014, 09:58:22 AM »

Bushie brought up his sex life. I don't get what's wrong with board games, though I prefer poker.

The chocolate cake with ice cream combined with chocolate pudding for lunch is more egregious.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #822 on: August 12, 2014, 10:03:56 AM »

forget about his sex life,

it is now 10 am central time.  no sign of bushie.  this isnt a good sign at all.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #823 on: August 12, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »

Otherwise... bit sad.

It depends. If you're really intense when drinking it's a bit bizzare dealing with a person who gets very silly. It can be fun, but it can also be a pain.

But yes, drink and something like Apples to Apples is usually a winning combination.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #824 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »

Otherwise... bit sad.

It depends. If you're really intense when drinking it's a bit bizzare dealing with a person who gets very silly. It can be fun, but it can also be a pain.

But yes, drink and something like Apples to Apples is usually a winning combination.

Apples to Apples? Are you 12? Go get Cards Against Humanity and never look back.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies