More ballots found in King county (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:16:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  More ballots found in King county (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More ballots found in King county  (Read 15124 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 04, 2005, 08:51:31 PM »
« edited: April 04, 2005, 10:19:03 PM by Alcon »

You know, Carl, you may have a point, but 80% of Washington State's population no longer cares.

(EDIT: I do not mean to demean your predictions or anything - you are a very smart person and did a great job investigating this. I respect that to a huge degree. However, I think many in the state feel that it is time to move on, bring stability, and end this.)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 11:32:58 PM »

Carl, I'm not "stonewalling." "Stonewalling" suggests that I am delaying something, which would require actually having some power on my part to delay anything. Do you not think there is any merit to the argument that the state should probably not have a change in administration five months after the first election?

As to your question: Washington State generally has smooth elections, and as a resident of it, I am very proud of that. This was a screw up. We need to fix the situation, but "routinely stolen"? We have elections that Republicans win - you can claim that the election was stolen if you like, but arguing that because you believe one close election was stolen, democracy of pointless is arguing that you should throw away the entire crop just because one banana is bruised.

We can fix this problem. Dwelling on this election like Republicans are currently is not the way to fix it - more talk about how to prevent this from happening again, not more whining about it happening.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 01:31:09 AM »

Since you used the QUOTE function in a way that makes it hard to format a reply, I'll have to just reply like this.

History is not my best subject, so I'm afraid I have to wing it for your metaphor and may present something poorly. Although Watergate was unfortunate, the difference with Watergate is that the President quite obviously ordered fraud. Did Gregoire?

As for King County being the only problem: not really. Ballots were found in other counties, although in lesser number. Still, some eastern Washington counties found ballots, and are less populated. It's a statewide problem, and just fixing King County's problems isn't going to solve the problem. We need to yet again become a picture of how elections should be done - not just pretend that Seattle is the only problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies