TNF v. Windjammer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:52:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TNF v. Windjammer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: TNF v. Windjammer  (Read 3464 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »

Can someone explain what solution is being debated here? Is a PPT to be elected? If not, this case will continue to be discussed and we will issue our ruling in the coming week.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »

I'd go ahead and let the court rule anyway so we can clarify for future cases. That doesn't mean Windjammer cannot certify the results anyway in the meantime.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »

Isn't the Supreme Court forbidden from issuing advisory opinioms, though?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »

I wrote up an emergency resolution so that way we can elect a PPT without forcing the Court to act out of line with the case.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »

The PPT resolution is wise and may be necessary anyway as well as restore some legitimacy to the process. I don't know if I could have described a bigger cluster. Sad

I also recommend the framework of the rules as proposed by Averroës to at least deal with the short term situation but also to standardize the process for posterity. 
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2014, 02:37:03 AM »

The PPT resolution is wise and may be necessary anyway as well as restore some legitimacy to the process. I don't know if I could have described a bigger cluster. Sad

I also recommend the framework of the rules as proposed by Averroës to at least deal with the short term situation but also to standardize the process for posterity. 

My thought process was that we could continue to make a really tight set of rules based on what Nix posted, and still make sure we covered our PPT bases in the meantime. That way, we don't get bogged down on (probably very important) discussions not pertaining to the PPT issue while we still have the empty position.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2014, 02:12:30 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2014, 02:23:06 PM by Torie »

I have read this thread, and commend the parties and the amicus brief writers for their fine presentations.  I have two questions that I need to resolve in my mind by research, but perhaps someone can expedite this for me. First, is the PPT office a statutory or Constitutional one, or an office that is solely a creation effected pursuant to Senate rules?  Second, with respect to Senate elections, is the concept of write in votes, and a write in slot on the ballot, something that has a statutory basis, or is it merely one of past administrative practice? Thank you.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »

We could just pass the Bicameral Birthing Amendment and get this whole situation over with...
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:41 PM »

We could just pass the Bicameral Birthing Amendment and get this whole situation over with...

That would be too easy, though Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2014, 10:18:19 AM »

It seems like there is no case here any longer since the then-Vice-President counted the write-in votes before his resignation.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2014, 01:37:41 PM »

Official Atlasia Supreme Court Release
Nyman, DC

Notice of Dismissal

Since the issue at hand is no longer pertinent with the resignation of the Vice-President, his counting of the contested votes, and the election of the petitioner as President pro tempore, and the Court has historically avoided issuing any form of advisory ruling, TNF v. Windjammer can clearly no longer continue.

The case is dismissed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies