Abortion stance could haunt Casey in Senate bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:02:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Abortion stance could haunt Casey in Senate bid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Abortion stance could haunt Casey in Senate bid  (Read 4403 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

In PA the Republicans have 3 issues that count for them.

1) Abortion.  Casey's pro-life though so this takes this card out of play.

Hey i'll vote Casey over Santorum any day, any time, but I'm most worried about losing the support of Philly suburban pro-choice RINOs.  If you've seen the PA results for the 1980s, you'll see without the Philly burbs, we have less of a chance.

The Philly burbs tend to be socially liberal in general.  Casey's pro-life stance is his most conservtaive position, other than abortion he is prettymuch moderate on social issues, while Santorum isn't remotley close to moderate.  So while the SE pro-choice group may not like Casey's pro-life views the fact that he is not nearly as socially conservative as Santorum, they will vote for Casey.  You could put a pro-life Elmur Fudd up there against Santorum & Santorum would still get crushed in the Philly burbs
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2005, 09:36:06 PM »

Of course Santorum is moderate. He's one of the most moderate senators in the Congress.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 02:34:37 AM »

Hey i'll vote Casey over Santorum any day, any time, but I'm most worried about losing the support of Philly suburban pro-choice RINOs.  If you've seen the PA results for the 1980s, you'll see without the Philly burbs, we have less of a chance.

The key will be to keep Casey with Rendell as much as possible throughout the campaign.  If the pro-choice Republicans in the Philly suburbs see Casey with Rendell enough, Im sure most of them will be voting straight Rendell/Casey ticket.

Good point.  Hey, I'd like to see Allyson Schwartz in 2010! 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 02:01:34 PM »

Agreed. Flyers, I think that people like Hoeffel or Hafer would still lose in 2010 but atleast have a better chance. Schwartz doesn't have a good chance at all.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies