Kim Jung Un threatens war over an upcoming James Franco and Seth Rogen movie. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kim Jung Un threatens war over an upcoming James Franco and Seth Rogen movie. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kim Jung Un threatens war over an upcoming James Franco and Seth Rogen movie.  (Read 5244 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: June 26, 2014, 10:18:48 PM »
« edited: June 26, 2014, 10:57:44 PM by politicus »

That's why they should have been taken them out in 1994. The longer we wait, the more painful it will be when the regime finally tips over the oblivion.

If # they need to be "taken out" wont it be safer to wait until China is ready to do it?
It seems they could do it at a lower cost and possibly parts of the army would desert to the Chinese, but never to the US.

# and Ill assume for the sake of argument that you are right about this.

EDIT: North Korea is actually an area where I trust Beijing to have it under control. They have as much interest in North Korea not going crazy as the West and better intelligence about the situation. If its necessary to intervene they will do it.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2014, 10:39:55 PM by politicus »

That's why they should have been taken them out in 1994. The longer we wait, the more painful it will be when the regime finally tips over the oblivion.

If # they need to be "taken out" wont it be safer to wait until China is ready to do it?
It seems they could do it at a lower cost and possibly parts of the army would desert to the Chinese, but never to the US.

# and Ill assume for the sake of argument that you are right about this.

EDIT: North Korea is actually an area where I trust Beijing to have it under control. They have as much interest in North Korea not going crazy as the West and better intelligence about the situation. If its necessary to intervene they will do it.

Jang Song Thaek would still be alive if Beijing had control. They might have had a leash when  Kim Jong Il was in, but not Kim Jong Un.

You misunderstand, I am not saying they control North Korea, but that they monitor the situation (with better info than the US) and are able to intervene with less terrible consequences than if the US does it.

Also, you commented my edit, but not my actual question to you (in bold).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies