Kim Jung Un threatens war over an upcoming James Franco and Seth Rogen movie. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:36:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kim Jung Un threatens war over an upcoming James Franco and Seth Rogen movie. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kim Jung Un threatens war over an upcoming James Franco and Seth Rogen movie.  (Read 5245 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: June 26, 2014, 07:23:02 AM »

I guess USA would have no problem with some other country making a movie where the heroes had to help assassinate the American president. The truth are that the movie is very bad taste, and comparing to usual North Korean rhetoric, it was more or less what you could expect.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »

I guess USA would have no problem with some other country making a movie where the heroes had to help assassinate the American president. The truth are that the movie is very bad taste, and comparing to usual North Korean rhetoric, it was more or less what you could expect.

It's not at all bad taste. What's bad taste is North Korea. I guess you approve of terrorizing your own people for decades. In any other country, it would not at all have been acceptable, at the very least not for any longer than a few months or years. Yet since it's North Korea, we seem to have accepted it. What's been going on constantly in North Korea (without the world apparently caring too much) is arguebly the worst thing (very basic human right injustices, no civil liberties, constant brainwashing & living on the brink of death/deadly hunger, as well as the famous work/death camps) the world has seen since World War 2.

The North Korean regime are monstrous, but that's no reason to be rude to them. If there live a psychopathic lunatic in the neighbourhood, I don't insult them, I call the cops on them.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:59:42 PM »

Important to note that South Korea is also fairly oppressive as well; the government and police routinely beat up and silence left-wing activists and strikers.

With this little change, you post now describes every country in world with a functional government. 
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »

The idea that North Korea should in any way be a existantial threat to USA ever, are a joke North Korea are a country with 22 million (starving) people, their GDP are lower than the South Korean military budget. Most all of their military equitment are decades obsolete, their nuclear weapons are barely more than dirty bombs, as for their ICBM none of their short range missiles have worked yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies