Presidential Rankings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:13:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Presidential Rankings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Rankings  (Read 58839 times)
jravnsbo

« on: December 14, 2003, 05:06:03 PM »

Well making a list would take a while, but towards the bottom have to be Warren Harding and Tea Pot Dome scandal.  TAylor would be up a bit as his life experience gets him a nudge over other short term Presidents.

Milliard Fillmore is known as  "do nothing President" and usually is last.

Towards the top you have to have all the founding fathers and Lincoln.  Then in more Moderan times, TR, FDR, Reagan.

Yeah looking over your list I'd say at a glance you have the following WAY too high--

Polk, Wilson, Ford, Arthur--need to move Madison, Jeffereson up (LA Purchase for a big reason if nothign else)

just a few thoughts Smiley  interesting idea though.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 05:49:59 PM »

FDR a close second?  oh boy.  

George W. should not be in the top 5 or top 10 even. That's just absurd. In fact he should not even been on the LIST until is Presidency his over. It's best to judge a person's preformance as President AFTER he is President.

And Ronald Reagan as NUMBER ONE?!?!?! What the hell!!

Abraham Lincoln should be number one..followed by FDR as a close number 2.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 05:50:33 PM »

Harding for Tea Pot dome scandal and Grant for corruption by his underlings have to rank low.
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 11:25:30 PM »

studies ahve been done that more current presidents always do better as they are fresher in the minds of the populace.

GW ( george Washington that is Smiley ) is #1 on my list b/c he founded the country but also he could have been President for Life but stopped after 2 terms, establishing a tradition that was not broken until FDR.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 10:48:25 AM »

I'd agree I always liked Truman and TR ( the ones that said Bully and the Buck stops here)   larger than life and didn't care what EITHER political party thought they just did what was right.

jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 10:00:47 AM »

For me I view Jimmy Carter as such.  Great person, HORRIBLE president.

When you think of bad economic times in the modern area think f Carter.  Gas shortages, grain embargo, sky high inflation.
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 12:26:09 AM »

Always said Clinton was the PERFECT DEMOCRAT Candidate and so GOP couldn't beat him.

Draft Dodger, adulteror, lied through his teeth and directly to the American people many times.

Hard to beat their perfect candidate Smiley Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 10:14:06 AM »

Reagan I would say defeinately Accelerated the Soviet Unions demise.  They just couldn't keep up with us.  Yes Reagan ran up deficits, but Russians just couldn't keep up militarily then and fell.

God Bless Ronald Reagan!
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 11:37:38 AM »

WHAT??

LBJ underrated, can we say Vietnam and NOT WANTING TO WIN!  If you got to War you go to win.  I agree with the war, but not of his micromanaging it.  You let the generals run the wars.  Then there was the Great Society, or the Great Giveaways which never helped even though BILLIONS of dollars were spent.

Lincoln not great?  When he took over from Buchanon who had done nothing (so I'd have Buchanon as one of the worst President) the war was already at a boiling point.

"other than a token proclamation of their freedom"  WELL YEAH BESIDES THAT.  geez.

I think that the most under-rated president is LBJ, while the most over-rated is Lincoln.

LBJ's domestic policies helped millions of people escape from poverty and gave Blacks basic civil rights.

I don't like Lincoln.
He is usually credited as freeing the slaves and ending the Civil War.

Lincoln caused the Civil War(which was NOT about slavery, which although a terrible institution would have died out within a few years as it would have become economically stupid), he only freed the slaves(most of which continued to work for very bad wages under their old masters and on the same plantations),  because it would ruin the economy of the south.
He was an abominable racist(his view of Black people apparently shocked many southern congressmen) and did nothing to help black people other than a token proclamation of their freedom.
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 09:04:45 PM »

Congress did not cause the downturn.  LBJ did.

The North wouldn't even talk at the peace talks except about stupid stuff like the size of the meeting table because we had traitors like Hanoi Jane Fonda out helping th eother side.  So they stalled until Nixon renewed Bombing of the North and they started to talk again.

You can't fight a limited war.  War is hell, get in and get it done!
jravnsbo

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2003, 01:00:53 PM »

hw can you say he was great? especially when their is such heated debate if he was eeven good, which I would consider to be BELOW great
jravnsbo

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 11:30:47 PM »

no Bush has done a lot and as been very successful, but now with the loss of the Presidency, both houses of Congress and a majority of state legislatures and governors the Dems are swinging farther to the left and just anti-bush and filled with a lot of hate.  kind of sad really.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies