Who will win in 2008? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Who will win in 2008? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will win in 2008?  (Read 39604 times)
Rococo4

« on: April 09, 2004, 11:03:45 PM »

Gov Bill Owens of Colorado over either Hillary Clinton or PA Gov Ed Rendell.....over Clinton by alot by Rendell over a little

Owens / Voinovich 2008
Rococo4

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 01:14:06 PM »

If Edwards was to jump back into the NC Senate race now (which he won't), he'd win a landslide...

If he was so confident he was going to win, maybe he would have come back to the race.  I suspect he is not so confident.
Rococo4

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 12:40:56 PM »

If Edwards was to jump back into the NC Senate race now (which he won't), he'd win a landslide...

I didnt think they had their primary yet for the Senate.  If they hadnt, Edwards could have done something.

If he was so confident he was going to win, maybe he would have come back to the race.  I suspect he is not so confident.

Democrats have already picked a candidate for the race so he couldn't.
Rococo4

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 11:06:09 PM »

I don't think either will be running in 2008.  Rudy will just be getting used to the perks of his new senate seat while Hillary is sulking in her forced retirement.

If Hillary does manage to survive reelection to the Senate, I would love to see a Hillary Clinton vs. Condoleeza Rice campaign.  Would that not be an entertaining race.  I think Condi would win a landslide.

No landslide.  Turnout in the south would be SUPERLOW unless a Roy Moore emerged, then we would be looking at no electoral majority.

That's why she'd have to put a good old boy on the ticket.  Roy Moore would help.  Jeb Bush would be a good VP pick.  Chambliss would be another good pick.

But I think you underestimate southern voters when you say turnout would be really low.  There would be some who wouldn't be that excited at the prospect of a Rice presidency, but they might be motivated to go out and vote against Hillary Clinton.  Don't underestimate the level of animosity that a lot of Americans have for that woman.

That is true.....there would be just as much turnout against her as there would be for her, if not more.
Rococo4

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 01:06:46 AM »

Edwards wont be President. He couldnt even beat a lackluster Kerry this time around....assuming he is not VP, what is he going to do to make himself a viable candiate in 08 and stay in the limelight?
Rococo4

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 11:31:33 PM »

I would rather go up against Kerry, but still how is Edwards going to remain a viable national figure if he is out of politics

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies