Who's more liberal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:55:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who's more liberal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: On economic issues, who is more liberal?
John Ford

opebo

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Who's more liberal?  (Read 654 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2005, 02:17:07 PM »
« edited: April 01, 2005, 02:42:49 PM by John D. Ford »

I'm not sure his compass score accurately reflects his views.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 02:26:52 PM »

You are probably more liberal than most  Republican's on economic issues. But Opebo definitely takes the cake on that one. He is to the left of everyone on the forum except one or two admitted communists.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 02:30:40 PM »

Opebo
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 02:31:15 PM »

I'm not sure his comass score accurately reflects his views.

I think the same about you.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 02:35:18 PM »

Many of my posts on here stress the fact that the working class does very poorly under capitalism, and the need to emeliorate that unfortunate flaw in the system.  However just because I want to redistribute doesn't mean I want to alter the basic system like a 'communist' might.   I'm all for private business, and don't want government to take over ownership of anything.  I just expect very high wages, generous welfare, and free education, paid for by taxes on the owners.

Basically the political compass test puts me at about 0, a perfect moderate on economic issues, and that is what I see liberal Keyensian capitalism as - moderation.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 04:39:38 PM »

Many of my posts on here stress the fact that the working class does very poorly under capitalism, and the need to emeliorate that unfortunate flaw in the system.  However just because I want to redistribute doesn't mean I want to alter the basic system like a 'communist' might.   I'm all for private business, and don't want government to take over ownership of anything.  I just expect very high wages, generous welfare, and free education, paid for by taxes on the owners.

Basically the political compass test puts me at about 0, a perfect moderate on economic issues, and that is what I see liberal Keyensian capitalism as - moderation.
I'm not calling you a communist, but as far as I can tell the only people to the left of you on economic issues are self-proclaimed communists.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »

I'm not calling you a communist, but as far as I can tell the only people to the left of you on economic issues are self-proclaimed communists.

Fair enough.  I must say there does seem to be a dearth of traditional economic liberalism on the board.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies