FL-Gov, SUSA: Great Scott in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:48:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-Gov, SUSA: Great Scott in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL-Gov, SUSA: Great Scott in the lead  (Read 2880 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 06:07:04 PM »

A lot of you underestimate how much stronger and more organized the statewide GOP is compared to the statewide Democratic Party in FL.

Nah, I'm pretty sure we figured that out with what happened in FL-13.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »

Even when times are brightest for them, even when they can't possibly lose, FL Dems find a way.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 11:57:55 AM »

The Florida Democratic Party are definitely a party of "Betas".
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »

Evil Governor vs Shameless Opportunistic ex-Governor.

I feel bad for Florida voters.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 05:09:41 PM »

I think Crist will win, but short of bribing voters or stuffing ballot boxes, there is no way Democrats can guarantee a win.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »

I think Crist will win, but short of bribing voters or stuffing ballot boxes, there is no way Democrats can guarantee a win.
Believe me.  Living there for several years, the Democrats found some bad ways to lose races they shouldn't have lost and I'm shocked that nearly eight years later, the statewide Democratic Party still can't get its act together and pump out some better quality candidates.  Given that the "Corridor" is now leaning blue and that the FL staying Democratic in the '12 presidential race is a HUGE indicator that Democrats should flourish there, this would be a big, big blow to the Democrats to lose to Rick Scott in November.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 07:34:03 PM »

Believe me.  Living there for several years, the Democrats found some bad ways to lose races they shouldn't have lost and I'm shocked that nearly eight years later, the statewide Democratic Party still can't get its act together and pump out some better quality candidates.  Given that the "Corridor" is now leaning blue and that the FL staying Democratic in the '12 presidential race is a HUGE indicator that Democrats should flourish there, this would be a big, big blow to the Democrats to lose to Rick Scott in November.

FL is a purple state on prez side but a reddish state otherwise. Just like in prez race MI,PA and ME gov are easier to get, ARK and FL will compliment the others where labor and min wage will be a factor.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 07:46:40 PM »

If Crist loses, the national party should pull all funds until there is totally new leadership in the state party. The job that they have done over the past few years is absolutely unacceptable.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »

If Crist loses, the national party should pull all funds until there is totally new leadership in the state party. The job that they have done over the past few years is absolutely unacceptable.

Agreed.

Also, it's looking like you're probably better off voting in NH this election. Tongue
sg0508
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »

Regardless of what we all think of Jeb Bush, he did an excellent, excellent job of reshaping and restructuring the statewide FL GOP during his tenure-ship as governor, as the state's population was exploding and it became more competitive on a national level.  He was also a huge reason why George Bush carried the state in 2004 by five points (not illegal at all) due to the ground game of the state party and how Mel Martinez of all people defeated Betty Castor to gain a Senate seat in the same cycle. 

Florida Democrats still haven't recovered from that eight year period.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »

Crist has 5 months to getting his act together. The Democratic Governors Association better start spending over $28 million on this race.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »

Agreed.

Also, it's looking like you're probably better off voting in NH this election. Tongue

Yeah, I gotta defend Shea-Porter. Guinta spent two years embarrassing my state, and I really don't want any more.

My State House and Senate districts (unfortunately) are too Republican, Pitts is safe (unfortunately), and Wolf is looking to have this in the bag.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 01:19:27 AM »

Agreed.

Yeah, I gotta defend Shea-Porter. Guinta spent two years embarrassing my state, and I really don't want any more.

My State House and Senate districts (unfortunately) are too Republican, Pitts is safe (unfortunately), and Wolf is looking to have this in the bag.

Don't forget Shaheen! It's a toss up. Scott Brown expanded the map, remember? Wink
sg0508
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »

Charlie Crist is already a "flip-flopper" in the eyes of voters.  No opponent has to sell that. 
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 08:29:22 PM »

Sg0508, Dwayne Wade would crush Scott in the Florida Governor contest.

I betcha the FL Democrats are going to wish they had U.S. Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) running for the governorship instead of Crist.

sg0508
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2014, 10:51:38 PM »

I betcha the FL Democrats are going to wish they had U.S. Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) running for the governorship instead of Crist.

Florida Democrats need a much better pipeline of candidates, particularly moderate democrats that propelled the party starting in the 2006 midterms.  The FL Democratic bench appears empty.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »

Florida Democrats need a much better pipeline of candidates, particularly moderate democrats that propelled the party starting in the 2006 midterms.  The FL Democratic bench appears empty.

Appears empty? Nah, it actually is. Let's go over our bench:

-Charlie Crist, former Republican governor turned failed Senate candidate.
-Alex Sink, elected CFO in 2006, failed at running for Governor in 2010, failed at Congress in 2013.
-Rod Smith, former State Senator, failed at running for Governor in 2006, failed at running for Lt. Gov. in 2010, and FDP chair for a few years.
-Bill Nelson, current U.S. Senator
-Buddy Dyer, State Senator and Orlando Mayor (except when he was suspended from office due to an election fraud scandal), failed at running for attorney general.
-Pam Iorio, former Tampa mayor.
-Bob Buckhorn, current Tampa mayor.
-Alvin Brown, current Jacksonville mayor.

Not exactly a Weatherford-Putnam-Atwater-Latvala-Baker bench here.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies