IA-PPP: Clinton with narrow to modest leads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:32:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  IA-PPP: Clinton with narrow to modest leads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-PPP: Clinton with narrow to modest leads  (Read 1014 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/PPP_Release_Iowa_522.pdf

Clinton 46%, Paul 42% (Clinton +4%)
Clinton 46%, Huckabee 42% (Clinton +4%)
Clinton 44%, Bush 39% (Clinton +5%)
Clinton 45%, Christie 39% (Clinton +6%)
Clinton 47%, Cruz 40% (Clinton +7%)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:47:57 PM »

Why aren't they polling O'Malley, Biden, and Cuomo vs. Paul, Huckabee, Bush, etc? Why?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »

IA has never seemed too fond of Hillary, both in these last few years and in early 2008 polling. Must be a latte/yuppie state when it comes to Dems.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »

IA has never seemed too fond of Hillary, both in these last few years and in early 2008 polling. Must be a latte/yuppie state when it comes to Dems.

a what?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:38:44 PM »

Roll Eyes

The bitterness never ends with you people.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »

Roll Eyes

Why do you assume I am bitter, or that I am even using the terms in a derogatory manner?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »

Roll Eyes

Why do you assume I am bitter, or that I am even using the terms in a derogatory manner?

Referring to non-Hillary Supporting Democrats as "latte liberals" is a pretty good sign of lingering '08 bitterness, and I haven't been proven wrong yet by the people I've seen use the terminology.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »

Roll Eyes

Referring to non-Hillary Supporting Democrats as "latte liberals" is a pretty good sign of lingering '08 bitterness, and I haven't been proven wrong yet by the people I've seen use the terminology.

I did support Hillary, though I was too young to vote in the primary. I have supported Obama ever since and proudly voted for him 2 years ago, so I'm not bitter. I wasn't using the terms in a derogatory fashion, I was simply using them to refer to the type of voters in places like CO & IA that seemed to like Obama but not Hillary. That's how the media referred to them in 08 and I feel like it's the best way to convey that I'm speaking about those voters specifically.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »

a what?

They're obviously not in as good touch with common folk as Wall Street investment bankers who support Hillary. Duh.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »

a what?

They're obviously not in as good touch with common folk as Wall Street investment bankers who support Hillary. Duh.

Your post is absurd because:

1.I have already stated I did not use the term in a derogatory manner.
2.Obama is also a friend of said banks.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »

I don't think it's well-applied to Iowa, but that term was in use way before the '08 primaries and is descriptive of a certain kind of voter. It's no worse than talking about country-club Republicans.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »

Why aren't they polling O'Malley, Biden, and Cuomo vs. Paul, Huckabee, Bush, etc? Why?

I'm sure they will if Hillary bows out. Until then there's no point.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »

Roll Eyes

It's hilarious you think that, considering this forum is filled with Obama supporting Democrats who despise Hillary and constantly call her evil, a sociopath, blah blah and occasionally even make sexist remarks against her. Many of these people sound like they came right out of Breitbart, Drudge, and FOX, yet a few passing "latte liberal" comments is evidence that Hillary supporters are bitter? Even if they are, the Obama supporters (the ones who hate Hillary, that is) are a million times more bitter, which is all the more impressive considering their guy is the one who won...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »

Roll Eyes

It's hilarious you think that, considering this forum is filled with Obama supporting Democrats who despise Hillary and constantly call her evil, a sociopath, blah blah and occasionally even make sexist remarks against her. Many of these people sound like they came right out of Breitbart, Drudge, and FOX, yet a few passing "latte liberal" comments is evidence that Hillary supporters are bitter? Even if they are, the Obama supporters (the ones who hate Hillary, that is) are a million times more bitter, which is all the more impressive considering their guy is the one who won...

Most of those Democrats aren't exactly big Obama fans either, at least most of the ones I've seen.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 09:15:29 PM »

Roll Eyes

Most of those Democrats aren't exactly big Obama fans either, at least most of the ones I've seen.

You have a point, but I rarely see the level of vitriol that is aimed at Hillary be directed towards Obama. Many of them even voted for Obama in '08/'12 (even if they regret it and say they'd vote 3rd party now).

This discussion is pretty academic anyway, since in the real world 90% of Democrats like both Obama and Hillary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies