OH-PPP: Gov. Kasich (R) slightly ahead of FitzGerald (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:42:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH-PPP: Gov. Kasich (R) slightly ahead of FitzGerald (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-PPP: Gov. Kasich (R) slightly ahead of FitzGerald (D)  (Read 1907 times)
Hifly
hifly15

« on: May 17, 2014, 06:45:11 AM »
« edited: May 17, 2014, 07:22:54 AM by Hifly »

With the summer coming around again, there's going to be more campaigning and action to among teacher's unions and public health officials protesting their cuts, small wages and lay-offs, civil rights organizations, seniors protesting their tax hike, and young pro-SSM, pro-marijuana voters. Kasich is bound to make some terrible race-altering decision within the next 24 weeks. For example, the political suicidal fetal heartbeat bill being revived again.

That does absolutely nothing to explain why Fitzgerald is supposedly going to climb up from his dreary polling numbers. Public health officials, civil rights activists and unions have already been complaining for quite a while now but it evidently hasn't had any impact, and if anything Fitzgerald's position has gotten worse.

Also, Kasich's pro life budget and pro life bills come with bipartisan support from legislators in deep blue districts such as Bill Patmon and John Barnes from Cuyahoga county. And they won their primaries 2 weeks ago despite all those civil rights activists and gay activists rallying vociferously against them. #KeepingClevelandStong!

There's even more good news for social conservatives in the Ohio legislature as the staunchly socially conservative, anti-SSM Cecil Thomas won the Democratic primary in the heavily Democratic Senate District 9 covering Cincinatti. He wants to ban abortion from the point of fertilisation and Democrats and Republicans are going to be working together to support pro life leadership and traditional family values for Ohio. Partly thanks to great Democrats like Cecil Thomas, from this November the Ohio Senate is going to be more socially conservative than ever before in Ohio's history. Smiley

Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:11:11 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 10:33:30 AM by Hifly »

Kasich is near his ceiling against someone who has yet to have his own ad blitz. Unions are still strong in Ohio, and they will organize a strong GOTV drive. GOTV drives work.  

Like in Wisconsin?

You do realise how much easier it will be for the GOP regarding GOTV during a midterm.

Also Adam, just because guys like Patmon, Barnes and Cecil Thomas et al vote/will vote in a bipartisan fashion doesn't mean that they're not Democrats; They're nothing but Democrats, and they're here to stay, thanks to the overwhelming support of Democratic primary voters in their districts. Also, apparently some liberals are irked because Martin Sweeney won the Democratic Primary in HD-14, where he narrowly defeated two progressives. I don't know much about Sweeney's politics, but apparently he's a moderate and if so he will be another bipartisan addition to the legislature.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 07:19:35 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 07:21:10 AM by Hifly »

Kasich is near his ceiling against someone who has yet to have his own ad blitz. Unions are still strong in Ohio, and they will organize a strong GOTV drive. GOTV drives work.  

Like in Wisconsin?

You do realise how much easier it will be for the GOP regarding GOTV during a midterm.

Also Adam, just because guys like Patmon, Barnes and Cecil Thomas et al vote/will vote in a bipartisan fashion doesn't mean that they're not Democrats; They're nothing but Democrats, and they're here to stay, thanks to the overwhelming support of Democratic primary voters in their districts. Also, apparently some liberals are irked because Martin Sweeney won the Democratic Primary in HD-14, where he narrowly defeated two progressives. I don't know much about Sweeney's politics, but apparently he's a moderate and if so he will be another bipartisan addition to the legislature.

If you think Martin Sweeney winning is a good thing then you really don't know what you're talking about.  I'm sorry, but the man is an absolutely terrible human being by any objective measure.  Not only is he the biggest symbol of Cleveland machine corruption still holding elected office, he's also repeatedly sexually harassed a city employee (beginning around the time Sweeney's wife was diagnosed with cancer) and had her fired when she complained, and was named by prosecutors as one of 20 key persons in a racketeering case related to that massive Cleveland/Cuyahoga County corruption scandal which occurred a while back (and is/was closely aligned with Jimmy Dimora, Frank Russo, and Gerald McFaul).  Oh, and a contractor discussing the payment of bribes to various elected officials was also caught on wire-tap talking about how he needed to give an unnamed individual $20,000 because "you can't pay him [Sweeney] directly."  I don't care what your political views are, the idea that this man winning that primary is good for Ohio is ridiculous.  Patmon, Barnes, and Thomas are all DINOs (Patmon was even officially endorsed by Bill Batchelder at the former's official campaign kick-off), but I at least get why you [Hifly] support them given your ideological views.  But supporting Sweeney?  Seriously?

Wow- I certainly did not know about that. But this guy must have done at least some good if he won 42% of the vote in a primary. I didn't say I support him though; I said he might be a bipartisan addition to the legislature if he is actually a moderate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies