The party in the government and the extremes in the political spectrum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:16:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  The party in the government and the extremes in the political spectrum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The party in the government and the extremes in the political spectrum  (Read 502 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »

Do you think that politicians/organizations/academic/activists/artists in the extremes of the political spectrum are benefited when the opposite party is in the government? I mean, do you think that political actors on the right of the Republican Party are benefited when the current administration is Democratic? And do you think that political actors on the left of the Democratic Party are benefited when the current administration in Republican?
I ask this question because I have the impression that it is easier for someone to have his voice heard when someone is really in the opposition than when someone says that "this administration is not good, but the administration of the other party would be worse". Besides, far right and mainstream right could work together in the opposition to a Democratic administration, far left and mainstream left could work together in the opposition to a Republican administration.

And do you think that the average opinion of the country shifts to the left in the 7th and 8th year of a Republican administration? And to the right in the 7th and 8th year of a Democratic administration?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »

Do you think that politicians/organizations/academic/activists/artists in the extremes of the political spectrum are benefited when the opposite party is in the government? I mean, do you think that political actors on the right of the Republican Party are benefited when the current administration is Democratic? And do you think that political actors on the left of the Democratic Party are benefited when the current administration in Republican?
I ask this question because I have the impression that it is easier for someone to have his voice heard when someone is really in the opposition than when someone says that "this administration is not good, but the administration of the other party would be worse". Besides, far right and mainstream right could work together in the opposition to a Democratic administration, far left and mainstream left could work together in the opposition to a Republican administration.

And do you think that the average opinion of the country shifts to the left in the 7th and 8th year of a Republican administration? And to the right in the 7th and 8th year of a Democratic administration?
Well, it definitely shifted to the left in 2007 and 2008. Maybe it shifted to the right in 1999 and 2000, but the Democrats could have taken back (they eventually did when Jeffords switched parties) the Senate if Gore won and were within 5 seats of the House.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies