Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:14:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188754 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: June 22, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »

bushie if you are this petered out at age 32, imagine 62!

Again, there is an underlying medical condition causing it.  A condition that is genetically caused and obesity-aggravated.

So then end the madness and get on the dole already.

It's not a debilitating illness and is easily correctable.  It will not prevent me from working like a normal American.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #676 on: June 22, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »

Ugh. Normativity. I do think working, in moderation, in good for people, but I cringe at anybody trying to do anything just to be "normal." Live your life for your own benefit, not to be just like everybody else.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #677 on: June 22, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »

Ugh. Normativity. I do think working, in moderation, in good for people, but I cringe at anybody trying to do anything just to be "normal." Live your life for your own benefit, not to be just like everybody else.

I normally agree with you, but right now normativity sounds alright to me!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »

I'm going to pop in here and give a Doctor's appointment update.  I went today while I wasn't working and asked him why I've had to go to the bathroom frequently day and night and also why I'm very fatigued all day and can't get started until well after lunch. It turns out both conditions are related.  The doc gave me a quick check and my prostate is infected.  It's not enlarged at all, but it is infected.  He gave me an antibiotic to take for the next month.  He told me the fatigue was a warning sign that if left untreated, I could have gotten very sick to the point of possible hospitilization.  He said it's not weight-related, more family history-related.  He said to take the med religiously otherwise it could get worse and put me on the shelf for a while.

Thanks for letting me be candid, but several of you have urged me to get it checked out so I thought I owed you all an update out of your concern.

I would suggest every ailment you have is worsened by weight.  I also can't find a website that shows fatigue as a symptom of prostate issues, though I'm not denying you have the prostate issue.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »

I'm going to pop in here and give a Doctor's appointment update.  I went today while I wasn't working and asked him why I've had to go to the bathroom frequently day and night and also why I'm very fatigued all day and can't get started until well after lunch. It turns out both conditions are related.  The doc gave me a quick check and my prostate is infected.  It's not enlarged at all, but it is infected.  He gave me an antibiotic to take for the next month.  He told me the fatigue was a warning sign that if left untreated, I could have gotten very sick to the point of possible hospitilization.  He said it's not weight-related, more family history-related.  He said to take the med religiously otherwise it could get worse and put me on the shelf for a while.

Thanks for letting me be candid, but several of you have urged me to get it checked out so I thought I owed you all an update out of your concern.

I would suggest every ailment you have is worsened by weight.  I also can't find a website that shows fatigue as a symptom of prostate issues, though I'm not denying you have the prostate issue.

He described it as the foggy feeling you get from a cold except without the cold symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, coughing...  Sure enough, it matched with what I am experiencing.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2014, 03:52:55 PM »

i would argue that bushie's fatigue may be in part this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »

Wow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »

Who made you my doctor?  My doctor gave me the correct diagnosis, so there's no need to continue to speculate.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2014, 04:36:36 PM »

This the same doctor that told you, besides your weight, that you were "really healthy"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »

This the same doctor that told you, besides your weight, that you were "really healthy"?

No, that was the previous doctor, the non-Indian doctor.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2014, 05:40:37 PM »

Questioning your doctor does not seem outrageous at all. 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2014, 06:02:32 PM »

on another subject:  bushie why didnt you go for the mba instead of a cadd certificate.  sure, the mba would have cost more, but it is much more lucrative in the long run.  and you dont seem to have an aversion to debt anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: June 23, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

It is completely outrageous.  Only I have the right to question him and I am completely comfortable with him.  This forum has NO RIGHT to question my doctor, especially when he knows more about my medical condition than this forum does.  I hate this "arm-chair diagnosis" that this forum has put me through.  It makes absolutely no sense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2014, 06:08:31 PM »

on another subject:  bushie why didnt you go for the mba instead of a cadd certificate.  sure, the mba would have cost more, but it is much more lucrative in the long run.  and you dont seem to have an aversion to debt anyway.

It seemed more appropriate at the time.  I still feel that way.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »

We are only questioning your doctor because in the past, he/she said you were healthy outside of your weight, which isn't the case at all, unless they link all your troubles to you weight.

When you're 32 and have the problems you have, you aren't healthy. At least not by my definition.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »

It is completely outrageous.  Only I have the right to question him and I am completely comfortable with him.  This forum has NO RIGHT to question my doctor, especially when he knows more about my medical condition than this forum does.  I hate this "arm-chair diagnosis" that this forum has put me through.  It makes absolutely no sense.

If you dont like it then spend more time fixing the things you need to rather than rebutting the forum. You've wasted countless hours on here talking about all the things you are going to do and never end up doing. It is never too late, until it is.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #691 on: June 23, 2014, 06:29:12 PM »

We are only questioning your doctor because in the past, he/she said you were healthy outside of your weight, which isn't the case at all, unless they link all your troubles to you weight.

When you're 32 and have the problems you have, you aren't healthy. At least not by my definition.

Again, that was the previous doctor, the non-Indian doctor.  This Indian doc has never said, to my recollection, I am healthy except for my weight.  He knows and I know that is not the case.  However, I do think if I can just start by losing 20-30 lbs, I'll start feeling better in these other areas.  I went to Walmart yesterday evening and got enough foods so I can at least eat in the house this week and cut the processed junk.  Of course, I got in my own way tonight and got me a Braum's cheeseburger.  I've got the tools and the resources to do it, I just need the mindset.
Meursault
« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »

Again: drop the Christianity and read Hesse's Steppenwolf. Become an aristocrat of the plains.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #693 on: June 23, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »

Again, that was the previous doctor, the non-Indian doctor.  This Indian doc has never said, to my recollection, I am healthy except for my weight.  He knows and I know that is not the case.  However, I do think if I can just start by losing 20-30 lbs, I'll start feeling better in these other areas.  I went to Walmart yesterday evening and got enough foods so I can at least eat in the house this week and cut the processed junk.  Of course, I got in my own way tonight and got me a Braum's cheeseburger.  I've got the tools and the resources to do it, I just need the mindset.

Right, but we all know you're never actually going to exercise, so you're never going to lose that 20-30 lbs.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #694 on: June 23, 2014, 06:41:40 PM »

Bushie! You need to lose 20-30lbs just to get back to where you were a few months ago! You need to lose far more than that and you are just ballooning back up! Don't worry about losing weight. You aren't going to, we all know it.

What did you buy to eat at Wal Mart?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #695 on: June 23, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »

Bushie, do you like any music other than Christmas music?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #696 on: June 23, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »

Duke, I don't care what I need to lose,  I just have to start.  I'm back to where I was in 2011 which was between 280-285.  Today's dinner didn't help any toward that goal.   I guess I can't beat myself up over that,  I just have to do better tomorrow.  I've got to take it one day,  even one meal,  at a time.

I got some fruits, canned vegetables, and some lean meats.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #697 on: June 23, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

I like regular Christian music both traditional and contemporary.   I also like some oldies.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #698 on: June 23, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »

I like regular Christian music both traditional and contemporary.   I also like some
oldies.

What oldies? Like doo-wop?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #699 on: June 23, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »

I like regular Christian music both traditional and contemporary.   I also like some
oldies.

What oldies? Like doo-wop?

Beatles,  Beach Boys, Rat Pack,  Perry Como, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, to name a few.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies