OH-Gov: SurveyUSA - Kasich Leads 46-36 Against FitzGerald
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:18:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH-Gov: SurveyUSA - Kasich Leads 46-36 Against FitzGerald
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Gov: SurveyUSA - Kasich Leads 46-36 Against FitzGerald  (Read 1441 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »

Conducted for the NBC4 News Station in Columbus, Republican Governor John KaSick leads presumptive Democratic challenger, Cuyahoga County Executive Ed FitzGerald, 46-36 with 5% who would vote "other" and 7% undecided. Kasich's job approval is 46-39 approve and FitzGerald's is 33-23 approve with only 45% who had no opinion (as opposed to the 70% who had no opinion of Fitz in the Quinnipiac poll in Feb). Voters also oppose SSM 49-43 and oppose Obamacare 54-37, yet support legalizing a drug for medical use 56-37.

Considering the Dispatch is head over heels for Kasich and the media market is getting blown up by all the ad time Kasich bought all over Franklin County, I consider this poll to be another outlier. Plus, there's no way Rios gets 4% of the vote. Spisak only got less than 2% in 2010 with Spisak on the ballot; Rios isn't (write-in campaign) plus FitzGerald's more liberal and more enticing for Green Party members to vote for than a Southern moderate Democrat like Strickland. It's still possible Earl gets the federal appeal he deserves to get on the ballot, so I wouldn't count him out yet, either. Still very much a tossup.

For whatever stupid reason, they also polled Larry Ealy who's a perennial candidate that stands no chance and FitzGerald's only primary challenger, but I can tell you right now that David Pepper would win before a criminal convict would ever get the Democratic nomination. Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:07:03 PM »

Well, as long as Walker or Kasich loses I will be happy. We aren't gonna get to get rid of both. But also that Iowa gov poll, with Hatch looks promising as well.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:08:17 AM »

Report.

Kasich (R)- 46%
Fitzgerald (D)- 36%
Rios (G)- 4%
Unsure- 14%
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:23:46 AM »

Dominating!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »

There are clear discrepicies in the polls here one has Fitzgerald tied with Kasich and another has a 10 pt spread. This is the first Survey USA poll here, but Kasich hasn't reached 50 percent.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »

Seriously, Dennis Kucinich would stand a better chance against Kasich than this kid.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »

Dems really screwed up here.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »

Seriously, Dennis Kucinich would stand a better chance against Kasich than this kid.
Kucinich was never going to run at all even with Portune. That was all speculation and when it was brought up to them, Kucinich just laughed (he does live in DC now, after all) and Portune said he wanted to be the one at the top of the ticket. I like Kucinich to, but he's considered a statewide joke (even in his own county to, I might add) and would turnoff voters heavily in swing areas and coal country. He's even more liberal than FitzGerald. If he was the nominee against Kasich, he'd get blown out of the water. FitzGerald, at least, can be taken seriously and has a realistic shot at taking him out.

So even if this poll was true, Kasich is really leading FitzGerald then 46-40 (Rios won't even break 1%). And like OC said, Kasich is still below 50 and his job approval is in the mid 40s which means he's in worser shape than Walker. Ohio Democratic front runners like Ryan and Strickland all rallied behind FitzGerald from the start and FitzGerald does have what it takes to win this for the state party, doubters or not.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 11:19:08 AM »

Kucinich was never going to run at all even with Portune. That was all speculation and when it was brought up to them, Kucinich just laughed (he does live in DC now, after all) and Portune said he wanted to be the one at the top of the ticket. I like Kucinich to, but he's considered a statewide joke (even in his own county to, I might add) and would turnoff voters heavily in swing areas and coal country. He's even more liberal than FitzGerald. If he was the nominee against Kasich, he'd get blown out of the water. FitzGerald, at least, can be taken seriously and has a realistic shot at taking him out.

So even if this poll was true, Kasich is really leading FitzGerald then 46-40 (Rios won't even break 1%). And like OC said, Kasich is still below 50 and his job approval is in the mid 40s which means he's in worser shape than Walker. Ohio Democratic front runners like Ryan and Strickland all rallied behind FitzGerald from the start and FitzGerald does have what it takes to win this for the state party, doubters or not.

LoL. For the third time (IIRC), I was provoking you.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »

Guys, it's SUSA, they're not exactly correct, it's probably a 5 or 6 point lead at best.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 12:49:57 PM »

Dean Chambers called, he wants his unskewed polls back!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 01:08:37 PM »

Dean Chambers called, he wants his unskewed polls back!

As hackish as this makes me sound, that was one of the first things that crossed my mind, too, when I saw this pol. "Well trailing by 6 isn't that bad for Fitzgerald if most of the Green voters really end up supporting him..."
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »

New Poll: Ohio Governor by Survey USA on 2014-04-30

Summary: D: 36%, R: 46%, U: 14%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »

Those numbers are the highest anti-SSM I recall seeing out of OH in quite a while. I suspect the sample is a few points R. That and Adam is right that Rios will get more like 0.4% rather than 4% of November's vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies