GA - InsiderAdvantadge (GOP Primary): Handel surging, ties Perdue
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:01:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  GA - InsiderAdvantadge (GOP Primary): Handel surging, ties Perdue
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA - InsiderAdvantadge (GOP Primary): Handel surging, ties Perdue  (Read 867 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
« edited: May 01, 2014, 12:07:52 PM by Niemeyerite »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Daivd Perdue (R) 22%,
Karen Handel (R) 21%,
Jack Kingston (R) 17%,
Paul Broun (R) 14%,
Phil Gingrey (R) 12%.

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/politics/2014-05-01/handel-gains-senate-race-poll

So Isaac was right Wink
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »

Starting to look unlikely Broun or Gingrey make the run off. Sad
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:20:56 PM »

Starting to look unlikely Broun or Gingrey make the run off. Sad
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »

Geez, how did this happen? Broun and Gingrey were originally leading the pack early on and now they're both in dead last and neither one is likely to make it to a runoff.

At the very least, we still have a good shot at this seat if Handel's nominee given how controversial and terrible she is and a good shot with Kingston since he's literally wasting all his money on ineffective ads and has proven he can do gaffes just as bad as our buds Broun and Ging. Let's cross our fingers that both of them pass Perdue and Handel/Kingston win the primary! (If Broun and Gingrey really are negligible). We need Nunn to win this.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »

I would say Michelle Nunn is favored should Handel win the Republican Senate nomination. Nunn has tied herself to many on the right, like the Bushes, and Georgians probably remember her father as being a good senator, not to mentioned she recently edged out Handel in a general election poll. Still, I wouldn't write Handel off completely, given the Republican tilt of Georgia. It is important to remember that Saxby Chambliss managed to take his Senate reelection to a runoff in 2008 and proceed to win the seat outright in December of that year, even though 2008 was surely a more Democratic-friendly time than now.

Perdue is probably going to be able to run on his business experience and defeat Nunn. Apparently, Perdue is the strongest GOP candidate here (which doesn't say much), and he has the fundraising capabilities to positively define himself to the voters. He seems like a Southern version of Romney, which wouldn't be a benefit in any Obama 2012 state, but Mitt did win GA. Anyhow, Perdue would probably win by about 5-10 points, depending on the national political mood in November.

I'm not supporting Nunn's candidacy, since I lean to the right on most issues, but I will offer a few words of encouragement to the Dems who would like her to win:

Keep in mind that there is another Georgia Senate race in 2016, which could be a more Democratic-friendly year, especially if Hillary Clinton is nominated for the presidency. If Nunn loses by a small margin this year, I would not be surprised to see her challenge Sen. Isakson. Nunn could definitely win this potential match up, given the increased Democratic turnout in the metropolitan Atlanta area that we would expect in a presidential election.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 06:35:31 AM »

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 11:53:37 AM »

I knew Handel would surge late, but this is even later than I imagined it would be.

GaussLaw
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »

Time for Nunn to funnel some money in and pull a McCaskill, running ads about how Paul Broun despises President Obama, wants guns every where, will eliminate a bunch of departments, and that "Georgia's true conservative is too conservative for Georgia."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies