Was Paul Ryan a good VP pick for Mitt Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Was Paul Ryan a good VP pick for Mitt Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was Paul Ryan a good VP pick for Mitt Romney?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Was Paul Ryan a good VP pick for Mitt Romney?  (Read 23479 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 26, 2014, 08:47:16 PM »

I checked "no" because a mere Representative doesn't have the prestige to bring in a state, unless he is in his/her party's leadership.  Then, the candidate drags the ticket down by attaching the negative's of their party's Congressional leadership to the national ticket.

If I were Romney, I'd have picked Portman; he would have, IMO, made just enough difference to bring in Ohio.  That's if I limited myself to guys Romney was considering.  If I wanted a guy that would have added gravitas to the ticket, I'd have gone for Tom Ridge, and I'd have not backed down from the Tea Party types.  Ridge had stature and would have helped Romney carry PA. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »

Portman was, in truth, Romney's best choice, in that he could have helped in Ohio more than Ryan could help in Wisconsin.  Ohio is a far more swing state than Wisconsin, which has gone for every Democrat since Michael Dukakis.  His experience with the Bush Administration was, IMO, awfulized; people expect someone on a party's national ticket to have some ties to their party's last Presidential Administration. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies