GA-Landmark/Rosetta Stone: Nunn leads Handel, trails others. Perdue strongest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:52:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  GA-Landmark/Rosetta Stone: Nunn leads Handel, trails others. Perdue strongest
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-Landmark/Rosetta Stone: Nunn leads Handel, trails others. Perdue strongest  (Read 720 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:00:58 PM »

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/poll-nunn-close-race-5-republicans-senate/nfQyZ/

GOP showing more strength?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:02:51 PM »

Eh, having that many undecideds is kinda suspect.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:07:32 AM »

I'd wait for a SurveyUSA general election poll in GA, it's probably the best indicator of where the race stands right now.

But it's possible that the Dems end up with only 45 seats after the election, if everything's going bad for them: losing MT, SD, WV are for sure now. Losing AK, CO, IA, MI, AR, LA, NC are all possible as of right now. Reps hold KY and GA looks likely too. That would be a loss of 10 seats.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »

I don't recall Landmark being that great of a pollster, but who knows. Only Perdue is outside the MoE (and just barely), so this indicates what we've been seeing all along. Also, there are decimal points.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »

I would be very surprised if we lose 10 seats. The climate would need to be pretty bad for that, and right now it's only slightly unfavourable (plus awful terrain).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:55:46 PM »

I would be very surprised if we lose 10 seats. The climate would need to be pretty bad for that, and right now it's only slightly unfavourable (plus awful terrain).

To be fair, though, it's not that the climate will be so bad this year, but that the climate in 2008 was so good that we wound up winning seats we probably wouldn't have otherwise.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:17 AM »

To be fair, though, it's not that the climate will be so bad this year, but that the climate in 2008 was so good that we wound up winning seats we probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Well kind of, but how many of the at-risk seats were because of 2008 gains?  Franken and Merkley aren't particularly vulnerable.  Shaheen probably isn't either.  And Warner surely didn't need the 2008 wave to win.  Among the toss up races, we could say Begich and maybe Hagan only won because it was 2008.  The rest were already incumbents back then.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 01:11:08 AM »

Well kind of, but how many of the at-risk seats were because of 2008 gains?  Franken and Merkley aren't particularly vulnerable.  Shaheen probably isn't either.  And Warner surely didn't need the 2008 wave to win.  Among the toss up races, we could say Begich and maybe Hagan only won because it was 2008.  The rest were already incumbents back then.
I think only Merkley and Franken were dragged in by the 08 wave. Hagan won because Dole was a shoddy campaigner, Begich won because Stevens was heavily corrupt. And the former two are as you say not really vulnerable.

The big problem is that the country has become more polarised than in 2008.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 03:30:46 AM »

Decimals= irrelevant!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies