Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:49:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71537 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: June 01, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »

Kaiser Franz-Ferdinand wishes to congratulate Secretary Hay on his election in the United States, as well as Adam I Ludwik on his selection as King of Poland.  Austria-Hungary looks forward to working with both of them in the future.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:30 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2014, 10:08:09 AM by Snowstalker »

We of course do not recognize the "Kingdom of Poland". The new "king" will face justice in due time. We nevertheless congratulate and look forward to working with Mr. Hay and continuing to work with Mr. Giolitti.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #602 on: June 01, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »

Emperor Mutsuhito extends his warm congratulations to President-elect Hay. We look forward to continuing and strengthening our close relationship with the United States in pursuit of our mutual goal of a stable and secure Pacific.

We also congratulate Prime Minister Giolitti on his re-election. He has served as an able statesman and has an impressive record and we look forward to working with him on matters of mutual interest in the future.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2014, 10:49:08 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2014, 11:00:18 AM by PA Speaker Cranberry »

A speech by the Kaiser in Warsaw:

Obywatele Warszawy, Polacy i Niemcy!

W tej ciężkiej wojnie przeciwko rosyjskiemu ciemiężcy na wschodzie, wyzwolenie Polski spod jarzma, pod którym traktowano was nie lepiej niż niewolników, było zawsze najważniejszym zadaniem dla Niemiec i ich sił zbrojnych.

Dziś, z ogromną radością, stoję oto przed wami, wolnymi obywatelami wolnej Polski! (*wiwaty*)

Nie była to łatwa ani krótka droga, ale wspólnie doszliśmy do przywrócenia waszej wolności. Stoję oto dziś przed wami, prosząc o wasze dalsze wsparcie. Niech Niemcy i Polska, ramię w ramię, maszerują z naszymi sojusznikami ku świetlanej przyszłości, rozgniatając po drodze wspólnego wroga i wszystko, co stoi na drodze wolnej Polski.

Niech żyje Polska i sojusz polsko-niemiecki!

Bewohner von Warschau, von Polen und Deutschland gemeinsam!

Das deutsche Volk und die deutschen Truppen haben es in jenem zerstörerischen Krieg gegen die russische Gefahr im Osten immer als oberste Priorität angesehen, Polen von den Russen, die es als Knecht und Sklave behandelten, zu befreien.

Aber, hier stehe ich nun, und habe die große Ehre, vor einem freien Volk zu stehen, vor einem freien Polen! (*Jubel*)

Es hat viel zu lange gedauert, aber endlich gibt es wieder ein freies Polen! Ich stehe nun vor diesem freien Polen, um um seine Hand anzuhalten. Deutschland in Polen zusammen, als Brüder verbunden, können gemeinsam in eine glorreiche Zukunft marschieren, zusammen mit unseren gemeinsamen Verbündeten, und unsere gemeinsamen Feinde zerstörend, alle die im Wege eines freien Polen stehen!

Lang lebe Polen, lang lebe die Polnisch-Deutsche Partnerschaft!

(People of Warsaw, People of Poland and Germany alike!
In a devastating war against the Russian menace in the East, the German people and the German forces have always priorized to liberate Poland from the Russians, that treated them like menials and slaves. However, I have now the great pleasure to stand before a free folk, before a free Poland!  (*Cheering*)
It has taken to much time, but finally there is again a free Poland! I stand before this free Poland today to ask you for your hand. Germany and Poland together as brothers can march into a bright future, alongside our common allies and crushing our common enimies, everyone who is in the way of a free Poland! Long live Poland, long live the German-Polish Partnership!)

OOC: Thanks to Kal for the translation into Polish.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #604 on: June 01, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »

Given that the Prussians (and Austrians) divided Poland with us a century ago, and that many Poles still live within the current borders of Germany, the Germans' insistence that they are liberators rather than mere conquerors is laughable.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #605 on: June 01, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »

The Russian Zar is the one that is laughable. He is the "mere conqueror" that wants to destroy the newly liberated Polish Kingdom. He is the one that wants to enthral a whole people, he the one that wants to deny a whole people it's natural grasp for freedom!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2014, 04:59:19 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Abdul Hamid II
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #607 on: June 02, 2014, 09:18:34 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 09:20:22 AM by President John Hay »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Abdul Hamid II

It is my honor to sign this alliance
Our alliance with the Ottomans is more then an alliance- it is a brotherhood where the well being of both contributes to the well being of all. Our cooperation with the Germans shows that we will likewise be able to work with them as brothers

Stronger...together!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #608 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »

I would like to thank all of the congratulations I have received from foreign leaders

As a career diplomat- I understand the importance of strong relationships with the other nations of the world. While I will continue to strengthen our defense capabilities- I only do so to deter war and promote peace.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #609 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:10 AM »

Having meet with President Hay twice when he served so honorably as Secretary of State (first in Constantinopole, second in Washington), I hope I will soon have an opportunity to meet with him as President of the United States.

Perhaps during the first Triple Summit between the three leaders?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #610 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:33 AM »

x Kaiser Wilhelm III

It is also my honor to sign this contract.

Germany would also like the first Triple Summit to happen soon.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #611 on: June 02, 2014, 10:52:55 AM »

Germany's Economic and Domestic Policies:

- Departments of the "Reichsamt des Inneren" that deal with social and domestic policies, shall be excluded of that ministry and form the "Reichswirtschaftsamt". Arthur Von Pasodowsky-Wehner shall remain Innenminister, while Brandenburg's Oberpräsident, Theobald von Bethmann Hollweg is temporarily appointed Reichswirtschaftsminister, which should be either agreed or vetoed by the Reichstag.

- The new Reichswirtschaftsamt shall pursue a united economical policy for all the German Reich, and negotiate with their Polish counterparts to adjust this policy with Poland. The main priority shall be, for the duration of the ongoing war, war interests. War production shall be priorized and subsidized, as well as transportation means, especially from the Rhur area and Silesia to the Baltics and Ukrania, enhanced.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #612 on: June 02, 2014, 12:10:44 PM »

I am honored to propose the first summit of the Triple Entente in Milwaukee- which has many citizens of German ancestry
It would be an honor to host the Sultan for the second time
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #613 on: June 02, 2014, 12:49:10 PM »

To Denmark

Before the war- we had begun negotiations for the USA to purchase Greenland. Such an arrangement is only practical....Greenland is in our continent and it is a drain on the Danish treasury to continue providing for it.

Our previous negotiations were inconclusive and interrupted by the start of the war, but it is time to start them up again. I will offer $20 million for Greenland and this will be my final offer

The other leading nations of the world- including your neighbors Britain and Germany- have recognized our claim.

Naval Orders

I order a task force from the Atlantic Fleet to sail northeast towards the North Sea and remain on alert north of Denmark
I order the Mediterranean Task Force to be ready to support the efforts of the Atlantic Fleet
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #614 on: June 02, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »

I shall be most happy to visit Milwaukee for the first summit.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2014, 01:22:21 PM »

As shall I. It will be a pleasure to visit America, which is regarded by many Germans as an idol for a modern nation. Furthermore, I will be most pleased to visit a city with such a German heritage, which shows again that Germans and Americans are very fit to work together.
If President Hays has no objections, I would also take a delegation of tradesmen with me, who would ensure that the German-American trade relations are further intensified.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #616 on: June 02, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »

I will likewise ensure that Vice President La Follette is pressent to speak with your trade delegation.....The VP will be overseeing domestic policy and I will ensure that he makes trade with your rising nation one of our top priorities
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #617 on: June 02, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »

We of course do not recognize the "Kingdom of Poland". The new "king" will face justice in due time.

Well, well. I'm sure the Polish people will take note of Mr. Romanov making almost criminal threats toward a monarch they have elected.

Mr. Romanov may talk his head off about freedom of Serbia and Montenegro, but when we see his approach toward Poland, we can easily see his statement are full of common hypocrisy. And, considering he's walking on a very thin ice, I would be very careful about refeering to courts if I were him.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #618 on: June 02, 2014, 06:05:14 PM »

What of the large swathes of Poland which are still part of Austria or Prussia? And why is this Polish "state" merely carved out of Russia?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #619 on: June 02, 2014, 11:02:42 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2014, 10:03:46 AM by Snowstalker »

To my loyal subjects,

I was recently forced to make an incredibly difficult decision that will affect the future of our country greatly. But with so many of our compatriots murdered and with so much damage wrought upon our land, I feel today that this decision was the best one for my people. Remember, Russians, that this war began as an attack by five great powers each bent on destroying our independence and rendering useless whatever was left of Russia. Through the hard work of our people from Smolensk to Vladivostok, Odessa to Archangel, by our industrial workers, our farmers, our mothers, and of course our valiant men on the front lines.

When the peace negotiations conclude, our country may well be shrunk. But with Moscow, Kiev, Minsk, and St. Petersburg standing and our armies still holding them back, these losses are unlikely to be critical. We must look forward as Russians, and this means looking inward. Too many families are without sons. Too many farmers have seen their fields burned. Vast and potentially rich stretches of land, all the way to the Pacific, have yet to be developed and settled. And too many workers who have put so much effort into the Russian war machine are still poor and hungry in the shadows of our great cities. These past two years have been difficult, but we will press on as valiant Russians.

-Distributed across the country as a printed speech in all newspapers
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #620 on: June 02, 2014, 11:49:57 PM »

-Recorded on radio in the Winter Palace, and distributed across the country as a printed speech

Radio?  Quite a feat considering that the first AM radio broadcast wasn't made until 1906.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #621 on: June 02, 2014, 11:51:32 PM »

-Recorded on radio in the Winter Palace, and distributed across the country as a printed speech

Radio?  Quite a feat considering that the first AM radio broadcast wasn't made until 1906.

That's superior Russian technology for you. Wink

OOC: Fixed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #622 on: June 03, 2014, 06:05:18 AM »

Since the Kaiser's visit to Constantinopole has been long planned, I think it will be convenient that Wilhelm III and I should travel together to America for a summit directly from there, so we can have first state visit and then a summit in next turn.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #623 on: June 03, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »

I would be most pleased! I'll take the next train from Warsaw to Constantinople!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #624 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03:29 PM »

Giovanni Giolitti has asked me to give thanks to all nations that have expressed their well-wishes towards his re-election.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies