Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:00:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71622 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2014, 07:58:23 AM »

We simply have no words to describe our outrage at His Majesty Kaiser Wilhelm III, who is not only our ally but also a good personal friend, being deliberately poisoned by the Russian terrorists. Is another freelancing by the bloodthirsty generals, or perhaps an intrigue of an infamous Tsarina? Surely, Nicholas II can't control anything what is going on within his court and his government!

After victory, those responsible for this atrocity must be brought to justice and face full severity of the law.

x Abdul Hamid II 
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »

The USA joins the world in condemning the unforgivable act committed by the Russians against the German Emperor. Our commitment to destroy the Russian menace is only matched by our commitment to peace in the world after the deed is done
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »

The allegations delivered against our nation are false and malicious. In order to sell a war they have sent thousands of their men to die in, the aggressors have fabricated lies implicating us in acts we have not committed. The resolve of the Russian people will only grow stronger the more we see of our enemies' treachery and hypocrisy. We look forward to destroying the invaders and securing peace and prosperity in our nation and its allies.

X Tsar Nicholas II
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »

Surely responsible people in Russia do realize waging a war against six united powers, virtually alone, cannot result in victory, not to mention any "status quo" agreement. It can only end in utter disaster.

We do not wish to see Russia destroyed. That is why we appeal to the responsible people to prevent their insane leaders from bringing your motherland to collapse. There is no reason to die for a bunch of criminals, calling themselves "ministers" and "generals". It's time to liberate the Tsar from their treasonous influence and make a honorable, lasting peace! 

The Russian people are not our enemy. A few warmongers ordering their fellow countrymen to die for their unreal vision are the enemy. A common enemy.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »

OOC: I just lost my orders, so I will submit new ones some time in the next few days.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »

I join my Ottoman friends in clarifying that our troubles are not with the Russian people.... I openly encourage the Russian people to depose your tyrannical, warmongering, wicked ruling class and allow your nation to be embraced by the open arms of the rest of the world
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »

If in fact, the Kaiser was poisoned by Russia, then France stands by the rest of the world in condemning such an act.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »

The six-power alliance continues to lie between their teeth. Japan and Germany have openly expressed territorial desires against Russia, with the latter having lied both about the Krupp bombing and the supposed poisoning of Wilhelm III. We appeal to the people in all nations to demand their leaders be honest and accountable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #358 on: May 06, 2014, 02:28:54 PM »

(OOC: Producing propaganda is, by far, the most entertaining part XD)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #359 on: May 06, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »

We believe the Tsar is a good, decent and God-fearing man, who yearns for peace. But, alas, it is more and more apparent he became a prisoner of a treasonous gang of bloodthirsty ministers and generals, that are conspiring with his disloyal and scheming wife (a modern Messalina and Marie-Antoinette combined) to destroy Mother Russia.

It is time to liberate the Tsar from peril and help him restore the rule of law in Russia!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #360 on: May 06, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »

We announce you that a friendship treaty has been signed between France and Germany:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

xChancellor Bülow
x Prime Minister Waldeck-Rousseau

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #361 on: May 06, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »

We propose a treaty of friendship with the French Republic, establishing principles of nonaggression, commitment to diplomacy, as well as opening trade routes between us.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »

Prince William is hardly one to be accusing others of being warmongers considering all the wars he has sold to the American people in his time in office.  Does he not comprehend the folly of thinking that the way to resolve war is with more war?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »

Prince William is hardly one to be accusing others of being warmongers considering all the wars he has sold to the American people in his time in office.  Does he not comprehend the folly of thinking that the way to resolve war is with more war?

Would the former Congressman remove himself to the discussion room? He doesn't get to speak to the leaders.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »

We propose a treaty of friendship with the French Republic, establishing principles of nonaggression, commitment to diplomacy, as well as opening trade routes between us.

France would welcome a treaty with the Sultan and we are both excited and pleased to see the work he has done since the war. France wants to move forward and commit to peaceful diplomatic relations with the Ottomans.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #365 on: May 06, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »

Mr. Bryan has crossed the line...

A debate in Washington to determine the best course of action is a legitimate discussion to be had..... comparing our President to the tyrant wreaking havoc on our world- to an international audience no less- is treasonous in this time of war

I order the Attorney General to prosecute Mr. Bryan for treason and I order he be seized by the Bureau of Investigation immediately and interrogated to determine if he is an enemy agent sent to divide our nation
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2014, 11:58:11 PM »

(This is the greatest thing)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #367 on: May 07, 2014, 12:03:12 AM »

While HM the Sultan couldn't possibly make public comments regarding political situation in America, he reportedly had a private comment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #368 on: May 07, 2014, 12:03:54 AM »

Bryan arrested? Holy mother of god!

(BTW, I am expecting to see if Oldiesfreak and Windjammer wish to add something else, but Phase 3 will be up tomorrow in the afternoon no matter what happens, and with some luck we will get a special event regarding Bryan).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #369 on: May 07, 2014, 03:10:55 AM »

Who is Bryan?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #370 on: May 07, 2014, 06:44:51 AM »

Austria-Hungary will join Chancellor Bulow's attack in Poland.  Russia must not be able to further strengthen its sphere of influence in Europe, and Chancellor Bülow and I are committed to preventing that.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #371 on: May 07, 2014, 08:24:26 AM »

Austria-Hungary will join Chancellor Bulow's attack in Poland.  Russia must not be able to further strengthen its sphere of influence in Europe, and Chancellor Bülow and I are committed to preventing that.

OOC: Thanks for telling me your war plans.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #372 on: May 07, 2014, 08:33:24 AM »

OOC: Thanks for telling me your war plans.

Lol!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #373 on: May 07, 2014, 10:30:25 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2014, 10:37:35 AM by Abdul the Reformer »

In order to resolve any issues between the Ottoman Empire and the Greek Orthodox Patriarch of the Phanar and his followers, I will pull Lateran Treaties years before anybody has heard of such idea.  

An enclave within the Feren neighbourhood of Constantinopole, that includes the Patriarchal Palace, shall be declared a Phanar City State, an independent entity under the Patriarch's sovereignty.

A new state shall enjoy a full independence in domestic affairs, with defense being a responsibility of the Ottoman Empire. Also Phanar pledges never to side against the Ottoman Empire in any international matter.

This will become effective after a war is over.

(OOC: Like Lateran Treaty, this does not affect Greek Orthodoxes' status as valued, and sole, Ottoman subjects, just gives a piece of land to the Church leader, so he can excercise his spiritual functions undisturbed).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #374 on: May 07, 2014, 11:11:25 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2014, 01:00:28 PM by Snowstalker »

In both Russia and the so-called Allied states, there is popular opposition to a war which has no end in sight and, if continued, will ruin us all. The Russian Empire hereby sues for peace on the condition that we are offered equal footing with the Allies in resolving this war diplomatically in a neutral city (Geneva?). We are fully prepared to make sacrifices so long as, again, we have a say in them. As proof of our commitment to peace talks, Russia hereby cuts off arms and training for Afghan, Kurdish, and Filipino rebels.

X Tsar Nicholas II

OOC: I actually expected to get thrashed in Asia-Pacific and do better in Europe, but I guess my fortunes have been reversed. Also, is Bulgaria a formal member of the Orthodox League now or just a co-belligerent?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies