Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:24:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71495 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2014, 08:41:01 AM »

X Tsar Nicholas II
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »

To the UK-

I did not anticipate you withdrawing your entire Canadian fleet to move to participate in the Ottoman conflict.... As a provisional security measure- I have sent several US Navy patrol boats to assist local Canadian forces. I would like to begin discussions with you regarding a potential agreement whereby the USA could take responsibility for Canada's defense. Of course, this decision must be made by the Canadian people and would be only in terms of defense, not government or any rejection of the King as the head of state- but if you are amenable to reducing the burden placed on the Royal Navy defending Canadian shores when the task could be performed by a friendly nation just to the south- why not?

We shall consider it at length, and shall get back to you although the idea is being generally well received in Westminster. The United States has proven in the past it is a friendly nation towards Britain and Britain intends to treat it just as well in return.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2014, 11:26:01 AM »

NOTE:

If IBDD does not post at the end of this turn, I will replace him and give Germany to a different player. I didn't want to resort to that, but two turns are more than enough and we can't have Germany doing nothing.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »

When does this turn end?
clarence
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »

Currently it has no limits since we have to sort out two phases of the Ottoman War, but I believe this should last until Sunday.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »

To the UK-

I did not anticipate you withdrawing your entire Canadian fleet to move to participate in the Ottoman conflict.... As a provisional security measure- I have sent several US Navy patrol boats to assist local Canadian forces. I would like to begin discussions with you regarding a potential agreement whereby the USA could take responsibility for Canada's defense. Of course, this decision must be made by the Canadian people and would be only in terms of defense, not government or any rejection of the King as the head of state- but if you are amenable to reducing the burden placed on the Royal Navy defending Canadian shores when the task could be performed by a friendly nation just to the south- why not?

We shall consider it at length, and shall get back to you although the idea is being generally well received in Westminster. The United States has proven in the past it is a friendly nation towards Britain and Britain intends to treat it just as well in return.

I appreciate your expression of friendship and I assure you we feel the same to our mother nation

For the purposes of discussion- I propose the following treaty

The Transfer of Responsibility for the Defense of Canada Treaty

1- The Dominion of Canada remains a part of the British Empire with the Head of State remaining the King

2- The US Navy- in consultation with the Royal Navy- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian waters

3- The US Army- in consultation with the British Army- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian territorial integrity

4- The Parliaments of Canada and the United Kingdom maintain the right to direct the US Secretary of War and US Secretary of the Navy to adjust strategies or tactics at any time

5- This treaty shall take effect immediately
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »

German Empire: Early 1902

Sure:

1.- Germany must respect the order and peace of europe but we must never Show weakness, I Belive Germany must expand on our land Forces and invest in new Millitary tech

2.- Im Fully willing to accept Military funding Increase by 50% iwill not hoever start doing anti labor laws

3.- Germany will send in 5,000 Troops from nearby African Colonies and a additional 3,000 troops from germany in the meanwhille the remainder of our men must gather the germans in there and hold out for as long as we can.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2014, 02:01:13 PM »

On the Philippines

Japan is glad to hear that the United States has heard her concerns about the violent events in the Philippines. We will be fully willing to observe these negotiations, and look forward to the prospect of peace and home rule. We also cheer the American anti-imperialist stance as a remarkable and praiseworthy stance among Western powers.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2014, 02:54:49 PM »

To: Japan, Ottoman Empire, United States, United Kingdom, France, Russia, Austria Hungary, and Italy
The German Empire would like to host a peace conference in Berlin to resolve the second great turkish war  by diplomacy
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »

To Germany-

I commend your leadership on this issue... the USA will send Vice President John Hay as our delegation leader if such talks occur
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »

To: The German Empire

We are delighted with your initiative to resolve the crisis on diplomatic foothold.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2014, 05:55:53 PM »

To the UK-

I appreciate your expression of friendship and I assure you we feel the same to our mother nation

For the purposes of discussion- I propose the following treaty

1- The Dominion of Canada remains a part of the British Empire with the Head of State remaining the King

2- The US Navy- in consultation with the Royal Navy- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian waters

3- The US Army- in consultation with the British Army- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian territorial integrity

4- The Parliaments of Canada and the United Kingdom maintain the right to direct the US Secretary of War and US Secretary of the Navy to adjust strategies or tactics at any time

5- This treaty shall take effect immediately

If we could have the Treaty take effect in 2 years for a smoother transition I'd be willing to sign it. America has been a true friend to the British Empire.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2014, 06:18:09 PM »

5- This treaty shall take effect in two years- by the end of the Early 1904 turn

Signed
President William McKinley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2014, 06:36:56 PM »

5- This treaty shall take effect in two years- by the end of the Early 1904 turn

Signed
President William McKinley

X-Prime Minister Salisbury
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 12:06:40 AM »

Good, now I only need Italy and Austria-Hungary. Kalwejt's crises were mostly answered with his war choices, but he is free to post other choices if he wants to.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2014, 05:31:49 AM »

Good, now I only need Italy and Austria-Hungary. Kalwejt's crises were mostly answered with his war choices, but he is free to post other choices if he wants to.

One more thing I did not include

Exploit the Opium Scandal to counted enemy's attempts at bribery and instigating mutiny
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2014, 10:36:20 AM »

Domestic Policy:

Start focusing on Hungarians, Serbs, Croatians, and other minorities. Make sure their living space and workplaces are adequate. Make certain that they have as equal living and quality as Austrians and other racial majorities do in Austria-Hungary.

Basically, bring back the 'Hungary' in Austria-Hungary.

Build key canals and aqueducts and other key water-based works. Continue the reforestation and keep on building key waterworks.

Make it a requirement that in the military that those who can speak Austrian and the language of the minorities in the military, to teach the ones who do not know the language; and use it in formal orders. They can, however when speaking informally, or when not having direct orders, speak their natural language. Also, it shall be encouraged that the language of minorities in the military to teach their language to their superiorities that do not know what the language the minorities speak of.

Military orders:

Invade Macedonia and Albania and annex them as part of Austria-Hungary

Foreign Policy:
To Russian Empire:
From Austria-Hungary:

Austria-Hungary would like to sign a nonaggression pact between our two nations.

To United Kingdom
From Austria-Hungary:

Austria-Hungary would like to sign a nonaggression pact between our two nations.

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2014, 10:43:47 AM »

USA Policy on Turkish War

The USA remains neutral in this conflict- having friendly relations with all belligerents. The USA is nevertheless very concerned over reports of using opium to tame the population of the Ottoman Empire.... such warfare is unbecoming of our Western civilization. The USA also stands against imperialist designs such as the partition or division of an Empire to be split among European powers. I urge the leaders of the alliance to maintain respect for the peoples they are attempting to conquer and cancel plans to partition the Ottoman Empire into colonial spheres
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »

Is this a declaration of war on me, the Ottomans, or neither as Albania isn't independent yet?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 10:57:11 AM »

Is this a declaration of war on me, the Ottomans, or neither as Albania isn't independent yet?

Sorry, the Ottoman providence of Albania and Macedonia... Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:39 AM »

The Ottoman Army in the Balkans will not resist the Austro-Hungarians. The Sultan orders pulling troops back toward Constantinopole.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2014, 11:56:17 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2014, 12:00:15 PM by Snowstalker »

Austrian is not a language.

We further demand that Austria immediately withdraw from all Ottoman territory which will rightfully be divided between Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece, and an independent Albanian Kingdom or face war with Russia. The nonaggression pact will not be considered under any circumstances unless you exit this war immediately.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »

France protests Austria-Hungary's attempts to annex nations that our republic is fighting to free from the Ottoman's rule. We ask they avoid conflict with the Franco-Anglo-Russo Alliance and back down from this or they risk a war that no one wants.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »

Our former Balkan provinces are now exclusively an internal matter of the Austria-Hungary. I hope the Russians and the French doesn't want to bring even more war on the others, this time in Europe.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »

The USA joins Russia and France in condemning Austria-Hungary's unilateral, unjustified invasion and annexation of other nations.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies