Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:20:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71671 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »

The USA seeks peace with every nation
But peace is made difficult when an empire is based on the use of force to suppress the free will of billions across the Earth

I'd like to see the British Empire become an empire no more.....and the first step is to end the conscription of your foreign subjects into your military

The USA will only consider attending the Paris peace talks if the Prime Minister announces that the British military will only draw its numbers from men residing on the isle of Britain

How insulting! How dare you!

I hope I am not alone seeing how arrogant and insulting the US has become. I shall ignore your requests.

Honestly, you're trying to make me out to be the villain when: I'm not the one wishing for other powers to be dismantled, I'm not the one pushing for war, I'm not the one wasting the other power's time with outrageous requests. How the rest of the world remains silent on this is beyond me.

The US has no reason to be involved in this issue at present to be honest. How many Muslims are there in America? Do you have any land in the Middle East? Stop making absurd requests towards us and start working for the good of the world.

We try to make negotiations to make the world a peaceful place only to have you throw our demands back at us and spit in our faces. It's clear how badly you want to ensnare Canada, and I wouldn't be surprised if you faked our friendship in order to seize the land. America, stop this needless conflict, stop these useless demands, and start acting for global peace.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »

It is absolutely clear that the British rule over our Arab brothers is a failure.

The British government points out that the history of the Ottoman Empire has been subjugating minorities, the Armenians have been persecuted within the last decade. At least I intend to lead my people peacefully, and do not discriminate and persecute them.

Sure, you can brush off some of my examples as ancient history, but the treatment of the Armenians in the 1890's is not one of those.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »

Until the US and Ottomans agree to be reasonable, I shall close my embassies down in their capitols. I have no reason for my ambassadors to be continually slighted with insults and outrageous demands. The ambassadors are to report to London.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »

You want examples of ancient history, Mr Prime Minister? What of numerous uprisings and rebelliosn in India, not even fifty years ago? I have never heard of Ottomans trampling the morals of a religious group they oppress with their feet, as succeded during the Inidan Mutinity. They have the decency to leave the morals of other religiuos groups untouched. You see your country as a shining example of a great democracy - but tell me, where is Home Rule for Ireland. Where is decent treatment for South Africa and India. You may have a Democracy, that excludes half of t spopulation from the right to vote, in your home country, but everywhere else - no, better beat them with the stick so they behave! Before blalantly insulting my allies the next time, check your own country.

Germany will not see its allies insulted and accused by a foreign power that is even worse on the prespective matter, and will therefore close its embassy in London, until London officially sends its apologies to Germany's alies, the United States and the Ottoman Empire.

Yes because I'm the one saying that all my enemies ought to be completely dismantled Roll Eyes

They are the ones that escalated this crisis, bombed London, and caused chaos. I'm not the responsible one. I've dealt with the Kaaba issue, but they continue to be belligerent. If anyone should apologize, it's them. I've already addressed the Mecca problem and left the window open for more by attending the Paris Conference. They refused.

(Now I know how Snowstalker and Kalwejt felt Tongue )
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

People of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, Newfoundland, Egypt, Palestine, Hedjaz, Sudan, South Africa, Kenya, India, Burma, Australia, New Zealand, and many other beautiful locations all around the world, we have been attacked by the United States for nothing more than refusing to bend the knee to what they believe ought to be the new world order. We, as a nation have weathered many storms, and this will be yet another. It is time to fight on for, not the King, but the country. We have survived Napoleon! We have survived the Hapsburgs! We have survived the Vikings! and now we shall survive the Americans!

I had nothing but the desire for peace with the United States only to have them attack us for no reason at all. Are they followers of Islam? Do they have lands in the Middle East? No. They are eager to take down this glorious Empire built on the blood of our forefathers! The same goes for Germany! Their jealousy has led them to bandwagon yet again and declare war on a power which only wanted friendship with them. They shall be condemned in the history books, they shall be the villains of this time when our children look back upon the past after our victory.

Sure, the United States is growing, but it's still nowhere near as strong as the British Empire. Seeing as we remain the financial capital of the world, and have just been attacked for no reason, I hereby seize all the assets of the US and Germany in our banking system to be used to fund the war against them. For what reason do they have to declare war on the peaceful people of Britain but for financial gain.

The Americans have no place to lecture the crown, their history has been one of exploitation and murder. Whereas we decided to be peaceful with the Native Americans, the Americans wiped them out, whereas we thought slavery was horrible, the United States refused to end it for many years. Their double standard is truly as horrifying as it is disgusting.

We addressed the issue that caused all of this, therefore what reason does the US have to declare war on us? It their green president cannot take the heat of diplomacy, he should get our of the kitchen, not condemn millions to die in the world's first World War.

People of Canada, I speak directly to you right now. The Americans have used treachery and deceit to occupy our land, and I urge you to fight them off just as your forebears did in the War of 1812. The US would have Canada added to their wretched Union by force and used your vast wealth and resources solely for the gain of Washington D.C., and not yourselves. I say to you as your Prime Minister, should you assist us in repelling these foreign devils, you shall be given the choice of Independence by a referendum following the war.

People of India, now is the time to fight! We may have had our differences in the past, but today, we must stand united. I second the offer I gave to Canada to you. Should you help us win this war, we shall grant you full independence as well. We know how long that has been desired and it is our wish to one day conduct diplomacy with a free India as equals within a commonwealth of nations.

Ireland, you too shall be granted home rule should you win us the war. We are more than willing to create a Parliament in Ireland should you join us in Battle to defeat the wretched Krauts and Yanks! Together we are strong, disunited we are weak!

We will fight in America, we will fight in Canada, we will fight across the world, and on the beaches, and in the towns, and wherever else the bloody yanks try to seize, but we shall never surrender. Ours is the greatest nation this world has ever known, and we intend to prove it!

Lastly I speak to the leaders of the other nations of the world. I have been attacked for nothing more than saying I didn't want to dismantle my empire according to American terms, this is as outrageous as it is terrifying. The Americans bandwagoned against Russia and now turn to us as their next victim, leading Germany hand in hand. We regret what happened in Mecca, but that's not the real cause of this war. American greed is. Why else would Germany and America, 2 countries without Muslims, without land in the Middle East, without any reason, declare war on me? I give you all warning that you may be next on their list just as Russia once was and I currently am.

The time has come to end the American reign of terror, as well as the German subjugation within Africa. Self determination is a right according to British principles and we intend to give the people of Tanzania, Cameroon, and Namibia that right, after all Germany already signed roughly half of their land over to me early on.

Yet again I must note that we wanted to come to the Paris Conference to make peace, we made concessions to appease the Ottomans and the Americans, but they shall never be appeased
, not until our empire is dismantled and we are all dead, therefore I say to the people not only of Britain, but of the world as well, we will fight, we will die, and we will win.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 03:00:05 PM »

It is with heavy heart, but we no longer can tolerate British provocations, oppression of our brothers and attacking the Holy Places of our faith.

Yes because Britain totally started this war Roll Eyes
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »

I hereby announce the annexation of Canada into the United States

And we're the imperialists Roll Eyes

As stated in my speech to the people of Britain, the prime minister urges Canada to resist the American invaders, they just want more land and more people to oppress. How dare they tell the Africans they deserve better than us when their African American citizens toil under the Jim Crow laws! and the African-Canadians can expect little more than to see their own rights reduced.

PS: Canada will be a much bigger pill than Mexico to swallow. Nice try though.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:02 PM »

As stated in my speech to the people of Britain, the prime minister urges Canada to resist the American invaders, they just want more land and more people to oppress. How dare they tell the Africans they deserve better than us when their African American citizens toil under the Jim Crow laws! and the African-Canadians can expect little more than to see their own rights reduced.

I don't think future Canadian states are even remotely likely to adopt Jim Crow.

Perhaps not, but racism in the United States was even prevalent in the North at this time.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »

Also allow me to remind you- that I am no "green" President

I was an assistant to President Lincoln- who freed the slaves

So I'd bite your tongue, Prime Minister, before throwing racist accusations at me, particularly after what you oversaw in the Boer War!

Being an assistant to someone does not give you the credit for their actions. Sure your nation freed the slaves, but what did it do for them afterwards? It abandoned them. How many African Americans can actually vote in your country without being killed, beaten, or threatened?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:48 PM »

I think the best part about this is that OOC we're all perfectly fine with eachother Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »

So I'd bite your tongue, Prime Minister, before throwing racist accusations at me, particularly after what you oversaw in the Boer War!

Being an assistant to someone does not give you the credit for their actions. Sure your nation freed the slaves, but what did it do for them afterwards? It abandoned them. How many African Americans can actually vote in your country without being killed, beaten, or threatened?

I had no idea Black subjects of the Crown in Africa enjoys full civil and voting rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Qualified_Franchise
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 03:27:18 PM »

I had no idea Black subjects of the Crown in Africa enjoys full civil and voting rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Qualified_Franchise

Is that system employed in every single British colony?

What's suffrage like in your country? Oh wait, I don't think there is any. Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2014, 03:30:29 PM »

I think that the American attitude has been the one that was most unhelpful. We regret that it has had to come to this. It was America that broke the peace and refused to talk.

America is a young nation on the whole... Sometimes you have to smack a child in order to get it to behave.
Cheesy This made me laugh!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2014, 04:12:14 PM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2014, 06:00:34 PM »

British rule over the holy city of Mecca was doomed to be a disaster from Day One. It has found itself unable to control its soldiers from disrespecting its culture, and now they have even gone to drunkenly burning Islam's holiest site. In order to distract themselves from this disgusting act, they have decided to falsely accuse our allies of a terrorist attack, and have ceded the city to a pro-British puppet instead of its rightful heirs. We find it hilarious that it would accuse the former secretary of the liberator of African-Americans himself of racism and trying to oppress the community he helped build, and we find it disgusting that it continues to abuse our Maltese brothers and only pay attention to them whenever there is a war.

In solidarity with our American and German allies, the Kingdom of Italy hereby declares war on the United Kingdom and France. We hereby increase our army to full mobilization, and we seize all assets in the country.

You ruined my map Angry
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 07:12:52 PM by Spamage »

People of Canada,
   Within the past few hours the United States of America have decided to annex you against your own will. Throughout your illustrious history you’ve always resisted the American jingoistic attitude; you stood strong when they burned the colonial government in the War of 1812 and eventually succeeded in burning their own capitol! A century later the glutton that is America has decided to gobble you up against your wishes, and we are not going to allow this to happen! It’s time someone told America enough! It’s time someone told American no more! This is the third time the upstart Americans have attempted to imprison you, first there was when they attempted to invade during the Revolution, then again during the War of 1812, and now today they strike once more! This is the fight of our forebears and surrendering would be to say their blood lost was not worth it, it would be to say that your entire history has been a waste! We shall fight in the cities, we shall fight in the forests, we shall fight from Vancouver to Newfoundland! Canada is much too powerful to be simply absorbed by the United States and for trying we’re gonna give ‘em hell and one day the fight will be in Canada no more, no it’ll be in Boston and New York, Washington and Philadelphia, Richmond and Atlanta! After this war no longer shall the United States be a threat, no it’ll be divided piece by piece, just as they plan to do with us! Only unlike them, we’ll succeed!

Gotta promote patriotism somehow Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:08 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 07:47:42 PM by Spamage »

Canadian Propaganda

"American Brings Freedom"

The President of the United States orders an immediate referendum- overseen by Canadian authorities- upon approval of which, Canada will be an independent nation

There are words, and then there are deeds. Listen not to British words- Look instead at American deeds

Yes, do look at the American deeds. Seizing a country without it's consent, tricking the former owner, and now attacking them for no reason at all.

Canada has told you no twice in its history, and yet you still force yourself upon them.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »

If I were sieizing Canada- I would not immediately be granting them independence! I am giving them what you failed to give them as their tyrant....FREEDOM!

You're not giving them a choice, though. You assume that Canada will pass the referendum (which will most definitely be rigged, I mean look at the history of contentiousness in American elections) without even giving them the vote yet.

America, you have yet been able to give us a cause for you declaring war and why you were so eager to do so, could you do so now please?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »

Perhaps you should read several of my earlier statements regarding the British Empire's centuries-long record of conquering other peoples of the world and subjecting them to brutal treatment

Yes, but that's not a clear explanation, especially not after you and the Ottomans told the Empire to stop looking at the far back history.

The correct answer is there is no explanation but jingoism and ego

Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »

The UK hereby recognizes the status of the Bishop of Rome as the Prisoner in the Vatican and shall work to solve his plight following the establishment of a new Italian government after the war.

Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »

Geez, guys, I have a problem. I can't decide whether I should declare an annexation of Fiji or perhaps Belize Huh

The Ottoman Empire cannot afford to annex any land, after all they are deeply divided along ethnic lines and held up solely by their outdated military

Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2014, 08:23:20 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2014, 08:43:14 PM by Spamage »

Allies are supposed to aid another when they are attacked. When Russia attacked Japan we joined its side, now when America attacks us where are they? They didn't join us, they attacked us, traitors. Angry

Also I did some population calculating Smiley

Population of Anglo-French Alliance: 496,100,000
Population of America-Japan-Germany-Italy: 259,549,168
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »

Allies are supposed to aid another when they are attacked. When Russia attacked Japan we joined its side, now when America attacks us where are they? They didn't join us, they attacked us, traitors. Angry

... Japan was bound to the United Kingdom by a treaty which we no longer regard as a functional diplomatic instrument, largely as a result of two of the treaty members already being at war with each other.

Yes, but America was the one who declared war and decided to break the alliance with Britain. Japan up until the moment of declaring war was still legally an ally as they had never publicly declared the alliance in their view to be invalidated.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »

The Empire of Japan will have the full support of the US Navy's Pacific Fleet

The Emperor eloquently expressed our joint view that the old powers of Europe ought to let the rest of the world live in freedom from their colonial oppressors

"Freedom from their colonial oppressors" meaning taken from being a part of the democracies of Britain and France to the despotic Ottomans, tyrannical Japanese, elitist Americans, and the oppressive Italians. Where voting is attacked, forbidden, or not encouraged.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »

The problem with British attitude is that they don't understand a possibility of defeat, like it doesn't exist. The mere fact they were able to win on previous occasions, doesn't automatically guarantee a victory this time. Napoleon is dead, but so is the Duke of Wellington. If anything, confident in illusions of their magnificent past transcending into the present, the British let their shape go considerably down.

The Prime Minister had called our army "outdated". I wish to point out that, during past years, we put a very strong efforts in modernizing our military, while I don't recall similar efforts made by the British. If anything, they are outdated, drowning in their part, badly overextended around the world and reluctant to improve, while the Ottomans, Americans, Germans and Japanese worked hard.

Clearly, the time has come for rise of a modern powers. Or rebirth of an old powers, that understood a need to embrace modernity, like we did.

The possibility of defeat is very real, and we understand this, after all we were the ones attacked for no reason.

Anyone saying that the Ottoman military is more advanced than that of the British Empire is either joking or crazy, spending a few years worth of money on your military doesn't make it modern. After all, I've been privately researching new weapons that this war shall allow me to unleash. Also "worked hard" is not a sufficient explanation for the efforts of other powers of improving their military. All they've been doing to improve their military is going to war against other countries. Sure, I did the same, but I was also focusing on increasing the size and skill level of the British armed forces.

Remember this, this is 1905, not 1917, not 1939. Britain is still the number one power in the world by population, land size, and the amount of "modernization" (after all we invented the modern world). The Ottomans here are even weaker than the Ottomans OTL, they lost a major war and land was taken from them, not to mention the ethnic groups which are itching to throw off the Sultan who had is own brother murdered during our previous war.

It's hilarious the Ottomans have the audacity to criticize our efforts in the Sahara, where I recall they were even more unable to deal with the situation than us, Turkestan where we were cut off by the hardest region in the world to conquer.

Good day sir!

(This arguing is strangely amusing Smiley )
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies