Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:03:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71628 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »

While Japan probably should have let everyone know what was going on, France is only desirous of peace. Russia has been willing to make concessions and considering that the Russo-Japanese Conflict is at an end, we hope this means that all nations will now be able to sit together at the bargaining table. If Japan felt right to end the war, France supports that decision with hope that we can have peace soon.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

Austria-Hungary hereby claims Ukraine as an autonomous kingdom within our Empire.  We refuse any peace negotiations that will not allow us and Germany to keep control over our respective territories won in the war, as well as our spheres of influence in Eastern Europe.

His Imperial Majesty Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I

I greet this news with great trepidation. The balance of power on the continent should not simply belong to Germany and Austria and it was our understanding that Poland especially would be an independent nation. I urge Germany and Austria not to upset the delicate balance on the continent by annexing so much of Eastern Europe.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »

France welcomes the news of peace between Russia and the British Empire being made.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »

France also formally recognizes the new nation of Turkmenistan.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »

The French Republic

--- Encourage the French Foreign Legion to accomplish the mission and crush the rebels. Anyone surrendering though should be treated properly and not tortured or otherwise abused.

--- Begin troop movements toward Morocco. Incite rebel leaders against the Sultan and offer to aid them. We declare that A State of War Exists between France and Morocco.

To: The Kingdom of Italy

Sir, we are aware you have declared war on Morocco. We would like to work with you in this regard to depose the Sultan. We would like to meet with you to discuss how we may best operate together.

--- I will continue to take ideas from my cabinet in order to push for economic growth. I will raise taxes, but only a moderate increase to cover the increased spending costs. I will also increase the size of the military and create a new branch of the French Armed Forces: The Air Force which will be heavily invested in making airplanes a linchpin in how France conducts future conflicts. We also will put in a troop surge and encourage recruitment. I also want to invest into using automobiles more efficiently for the armed forces.

--- Put forward some government propaganda portraying my ministry as one that wants to reach out to all corners and is entirely dedicated to the entire French populace.

To: The Empire of Japan

We will make some inquiries and let you know of our findings. We will not turn away foreign volunteers to the Foreign Legion, however simply based upon their current nationality.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 11:17:48 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2014, 12:29:25 AM by Dr. Cynic »

--- France will send send 5,000 troops to Morocco from the continent to assist Italy and the anti-Sultan rebels. We will also negotiate with the leader of the rebels to secure the release of Ion Perdicaris.

--- (Also, before I forget) I have accepted the offer of the German Chancellor Von Bulow to make a speech before the Reichstag. (I will take a somewhat more beefed up security team though with me to make sure all the necessary precautions are taken)A few parts of the text to the speech is as follows:

"It is strange indeed to imagine myself before the Reichstag, invited to speak in a gracious note from the Chancellor, one in which I hope he will reciprocate and come to speak before our National Assembly.... It is true that our nations have been engaged in enmity many times in our history. Not so long ago, we fought a war. However, I am pleased to say that though some wounds will take time to heal, we are in the process of healing those wounds on both sides.... France is committed to peaceful relations on the continent. We look to the future with hope not simply for France and Germany, but for the entire civilized world. I am here today offering my hand to yours and I hope we can all accept for the sake of a new and peaceful world and new and peaceful relations between us all."
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »

To: The Ottoman Empire

As we told Japan, my government will make inquiries and let you know of any findings.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »

OOC: I thought we settled it through PMs, But if you'd prefer a public message, I'll do that too. Smiley

France is certainly willing to discuss plans and is looking forward to working closely with you as we deal with this threat.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »

--- French Response to the situation in The Congo: France is appalled by the gross violations of the rights of human dignity committed in the Belgian Congo and further demands that Leopold II renounce all claim to the Congo. France will furthermore offer to either buy the territory of the Belgian Congo for a sum of 250,000,000 francs. Should Leopold II refuse, France will have no choice but to consider sending in peacekeeping forces to deal with this and we ask all nations with a vested interest in human rights to condemn and work with France to ensure that these abuses come to an end.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »

OOC: I thought we settled it through PMs, But if you'd prefer a public message, I'll do that too. Smiley

Nah, that was to Lumine, not you. We've settled it.

OOC: Fair enough either way lol
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »

France is willing to endorse the Ottoman plan.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x King Vittorio Emanuele III of Italy

x Prime Minister Pierre Waldeck-Rousseau
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2014, 02:40:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x King Vittorio Emanuele III of Italy

x Prime Minister Pierre Waldeck-Rousseau
x Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I of Austria-Hungary

What in the world are you signing this for? This is a transaction between my nation and Italy. I fail to see how this affects Austria at all.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 02:46:43 PM »

The French Republic thanks the Ottoman Empire for her assistance in aiding France and the people of Morocco who deserve nothing less than competent leadership. France sends two Naval Task Forces and another 3,000 troops of infantry and cavalry (in addition to what we've already sent). We also will begin making limited use of our Air Corps to see how airplanes can be best used for combat.

Furthermore, France lays claim to the whole of Morocco, with the exception of the lands south of Tangier until the town of Larache, which we grant to the Ottoman Empire (the port city of Asilah) shown below marked in this map.

France vows to defeat the Sultan of Morocco and finally put an end to the violence against foreign nationals as well as provide stability to the land.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 09:26:13 PM »

France will be sending a further 10,000 mobilized and fully equipped infantry and cavalry as well as 1/4 of the Foreign Legion into Morocco. The rest will remain to deal with the Senoussi rebels in Libya. I will also be sending a further 4,000 French troops into Libya.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »

The French Republic: Late 1904

--- Rather than cling to power, I will announce my illness and retirement to the French public. I will express no preference, but rather allow the cabinet to choose a new leader without interference, but I will express my wish that any new Prime Minister should call another election sometime in 1905. To that end, I will spend some time laying the groundwork and preparing propaganda to help the new leader along.

--- In Libya, while we control the cities, I want to continue to press into the desert, setting up supply lines, which are to be close to one another as possible to prevent any part of the army being cut off and destroying Senoussi resistance wherever it may be found. In Morocco, I want the reinforcements to be used well. Use our control of the coastal towns and press in the fresh recruits from French Algeria to trap the nation in a pincer movement. Press on to the capital. I want the Sultan captured dead or alive. Raisuli, dead or alive. Abdelhafid dead or alive.

--- We will accept the meeting with the pied-noirs. We will in fact work on a new grant of civil rights for all French citizens who are either born as citizens of the Republic or swear loyalty to it. Rather than treat citizens of French colonies as second-class, we will grant them the rights of any other Frenchman, including (once the situations are stabilized) elected officials who will be able to address colonial concerns to the French government. As part of the future general election campaign, one promise will be that all French citizens will have equal treatment in France, be they Secular, Christian, Muslim or Jew. France believes that this is a new world and as such, she wishes to lead the way in terms of imperial powers recognizing the rights of all their citizens.

To: Great Britain

Prime Minister, we are shocked and horrified to hear of the bombing in Trafalgar Square. You will have all possible and necessary assistance from the French government that we can provide in order to help you along.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »

We thank Vittorio for his kind words during this time. The Prime Minister sends his personal thanks.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

To: The Ottoman Empire

Prime Minister Waldeck-Rousseau and indeed the people of France wish to extend personal thanks for your well wishes in this difficult time for him.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »

France announces that in order to aid our friend Italy who has worked closely with us in Morocco, we will be handling the resupply duties for Italian troops for the time being. So, all munitions and weapons factories are put on an extra shift in order to meet the demands.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »

Morocco

Our commitment to aid our French and Italian allies in Morocco remains unaffected and we are ready to send another regiment of our Naval Infantry to strength the allied forces.

Meanwhile, given our problems with logistics (damn Navy still being rebuilt), we would greatly appreciate some assistance with supplies.

France will provide some assistance in this regard. We will send you supplies and we will fill orders for ships for your Navy (though, given that France has never been the kind of naval power that say Britain is).
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »

France extends congratulations to the new President-elect and we look forward to working with his administration in the future.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »

The French Navy will also assist the American blockade and we ask the U.S. for any and all possible assistance they are willing to provide.

We will send a further 10,000 troops into Morocco. Since he is marching north, I will instruct French forces to first concentrate on attacking Raisuli. I will have Marshal Joffre attack Raisuli from the south. I will instruct naval forces to lay siege to Agadir. I ask the Italian and Ottoman forces to siege the port city and I will link up with them once I've gotten Raisuli from the north and south.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 03:17:09 PM by Dr. Cynic »

The French Republic: Early 1905

--- For now, Rouvier will lead the caretaker government, but for the election, I will revive the Left-Block, not under Delcasse or Clemenceau, but rather under Gaston Doumergue who is not as controversial as Clemenceau and Delcasse. As Doumergue, I will campaign under the banner of Equality For The Future of all French Citizens, continued prosperity at home and remaining a respected partner around the world. Also, I will campaign on the extension of the service départemental d'aide sociale à l'enfance to also include departments to include assistance for the elderly and disabled. The old age pension will also be raised.

--- Continue to fight for Equality for France, no matter the right's grumblings. Let it be a powerful rallying point for the election. Praise Waldeck-Rousseau, who is popular with the public, as a great leader with the foresight to make all Frenchmen equal. Distribute propaganda to the public highlighting the virtues of the equality of all French citizens and reminding them that further equality empowers them. Secretly circulate rumors that right opposition is unpatriotic for opposing Waldeck-Rousseau's actions in this regard.

--- In foreign affairs, first, I want to congratulate Vittorio Emmanuele III on the birth of his son!

--- We also state that we support the U.S. claim on Greenland and we urge our Danish friends to sell for a fair price rather than risk any unnecessary hostilities.

--- We congratulate the people of Norway and recognize them as an independent nation.

--- We wish the German Kaiser a happy marriage.

--- In Morocco, we instruct the army to pursue Raisuli now before he can get far. 8,500 fresh troops from France will be sent with fresh supplies to hold Fez and set up new supply lines for Marshal Joffre.

--- Since Spain did not join our coalition with the Italians and Ottomans, nor did they offer since to do so, my government refuses to partition any portion of Morocco to Spain. (Especially since the Italians are taking nothing and the Ottomans only a small section) I advise Spain that unless they are willing to either incur a proportion of the cost of the war in terms of supplies, manpower and money, then we have nothing further to discuss.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »

France strongly endorses the Ottoman plan. We feel that the German position against any interference is a short-sighted one. We must take all steps to end ethnic cleansing going on in Turkestan.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2014, 12:06:15 AM »

Germany fully condemns any foreign power taking advantage of the situation

OOC: how ironic
Germany decides not to comment Russia's ignorant and unthought full comments, as at least we are for a de-escalation of the situation. Nevertheless we can and will not allow Russians in Turkestan without such decided by the international community.

France feels it would be more helpful if the world powers consented to allow Russia to take action and join the international community in ending the violence there. We hope Germany sees the sense of such an endeavor to end the genocide.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies