MS: Rasmussen: Rs favored either way (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:20:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  MS: Rasmussen: Rs favored either way (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MS: Rasmussen: Rs favored either way  (Read 5762 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: March 31, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »

Oh, no! McDaniel only up by twelve! TOSS UP!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOSE FOREVER BECAUSE OF DEMOGRAPHICS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

OMG do you not get that young people are LIBERAL on social issues? JEEZE!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »

You're a fool if you think this poll is reflective of what the race will look like in October/November...

You're annoying.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 05:27:48 AM »

But you think Corbett has a good chance of winning and he's down 20 in the latest poll, so...?

I never, ever said that so now you're just resorting to flat out lying. Very pathetic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »

But you think Corbett has a good chance of winning and he's down 20 in the latest poll, so...?

I never, ever said that so now you're just resorting to flat out lying. Very pathetic.

So you admit Corbett is doomed?

So this was set up as an idiotic gotcha question?  Roll Eyes

Here's a piece of knowledge for you: not thinking Corbett is in "good shape" (which you should admit was an outright lie that I ever thought that during this cycle) doesn't necessarily mean one thinks a dramatic comeback is out of the question. Doesn't mean I think that will happen either but your point was that never saying he's in good shape means he's doomed. It doesn't work that work. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »

So this was set up as an idiotic gotcha question?  Roll Eyes

Here's a piece of knowledge for you: not thinking Corbett is in "good shape" (which you should admit was an outright lie that I ever thought that during this cycle) doesn't necessarily mean one thinks a dramatic comeback is out of the question. Doesn't mean I think that will happen either but your point was that never saying he's in good shape means he's doomed. It doesn't work that work.  

Well, if we're going to play the "act obnoxious over a single poll without considering any other factors" game, then Childers has a higher chance of beating McDaniel AND Cochran than Corbett does of beating Wolf. That was my point.

Besides, literally nobody has ever said it would be a toss up if McDaniel won, per the responses in the other topic you yourself made.

..."literally" nobody said it would be a toss up? Seven people voted "yes" to "Do you really think the Dems would pick up MS if McDaniel is the nominee?"

Learn what literally means, dude.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »

Well, if we're going to play the "act obnoxious over a single poll without considering any other factors" game, then Childers has a higher chance of beating McDaniel AND Cochran than Corbett does of beating Wolf. That was my point.

Besides, literally nobody has ever said it would be a toss up if McDaniel won, per the responses in the other topic you yourself made.

..."literally" nobody said it would be a toss up? Seven people voted "yes" to "Do you really think the Dems would pick up MS if McDaniel is the nominee?"

7 people. Out of 63. Clearly not some widespread attitude that must be countered. I'm sure you could get a few votes for Wyoming being a Dem pickup or Rhode Island being a Republican pickup solely due to joke votes, troll votes, or accidentally clicking the wrong button.

Seven people out of 63 =/= "no one" and one person was strongly arguing the point that it would be a competitive race if you bothered to read the thread that you chose to cite. But I love this justification you're using. "Hey, some people might have accidentally hit that button!"

And this is your convoluted way of excusing your idiotic, false point that I said Corbett had a good chance at winning? You should have just owned up to it and admitted that you wrongly thought I argued something that I didn't. Please. You lost this one. Give it up. Stop digging.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 07:28:47 PM »

7 people. Out of 63. Clearly not some widespread attitude that must be countered. I'm sure you could get a few votes for Wyoming being a Dem pickup or Rhode Island being a Republican pickup solely due to joke votes, troll votes, or accidentally clicking the wrong button.

Seven people out of 63 =/= "no one" and one person was strongly arguing the point that it would be a competitive race if you bothered to read the thread that you chose to cite. But I love this justification you're using. "Hey, some people might have accidentally hit that button!"

And this is your convoluted way of excusing your idiotic, false point that I said Corbett had a good chance at winning? You should have just owned up to it and admitted that you wrongly thought I argued something that I didn't. Please. You lost this one. Give it up. Stop digging.

Competitive =/= toss up. A "lean" race would still be competitive. And wow, ONE person? I'm astonished. You can find one person who believes anything. Should we start obnoxiously ranting every time some piece of evidence proves a flat earther wrong?

As for "good chance", that was just poor wording. But you clearly think there's a path to victory for Corbett, despite him trailing Wolf even worse than Childers does against McDaniel AND Cochran (which I'm assuming is a race you consider safe R no matter who is the nominee, judging from your other thread and comments here). By the way, it's probably not a safe bet to start gloating over a SINGLE POLL, especially when it's f'ing Rasmussen.

Keep moving those goal posts! You've gone from saying "literally" no one said MS would be a toss up to saying some people voted for that option accidentally but no one argued the point in the thread to finally saying, "Oh wow. One person did. Big deal." Can you get your argument straight before moving forward? Thanks.

Next you'll equate saying Corbett has a 1% chance of victory to saying he has a "path to victory." Saying I said Corbett had a good chance wasn't "just poor wording" on your part. You fundamentally changed/made up something I've said.

Do you really think a Republican victory, even with a weak incumbent like Corbett, in PA is as realistic as a Dem picking up an MS Senate seat in 2014? You're the one using one poll as a gold standard, dude. You're not taking into account the elasticity of both states. Go ahead and point to other polls when they come out that show Childers closing in. At the end of the day, the chances of him winning in his state given this climate are slim to none. Corbett at least has a more favorable state, incumbency and political climate in his favor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies