Post your STATE SENATE map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:11:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Post your STATE SENATE map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post your STATE SENATE map  (Read 7472 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: March 27, 2005, 10:24:29 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 08:39:35 AM »

I kind of meant a map like mine, with which party colors. I took a map like you guys (NC and IL) have, edited it so I could fill it in, and put in the colors from the most recent elections.
Does >90% include races that are unopposed?

That' what I assumed and did.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 08:41:19 AM »

If I could figure out how to make this map I would do it.

Do you have Adobe Photoshop?  If you do, find a blank map of the state senate districts for Florida (I found mine on the Ohio Sec of State website, and found the results there too).  Its fairly easy to do it from there.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 01:03:22 PM »

If I could figure out how to make this map I would do it.

Do you have Adobe Photoshop?  If you do, find a blank map of the state senate districts for Florida (I found mine on the Ohio Sec of State website, and found the results there too).  Its fairly easy to do it from there.

Could you do the OH state house as well?

Ummm..I could, but there's 100 seats in the state House, with some tiny districts.  I may do it when I have time and I'm reeeeally bored. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 05:47:38 PM »

I kind of meant a map like mine, with which party colors. I took a map like you guys (NC and IL) have, edited it so I could fill it in, and put in the colors from the most recent elections.
Does >90% include races that are unopposed?

Yes. All >90% races were unopposed. Only one district with a Republican vs Democrat actually went over 70%, one South Central Washington that barely when 70% Republican. There are two Dem districts over 70%, one in Seattle and one just to the left of the Puget Sound area (sort of on the peninsula) that both gave over 20% of their votes to the green. In the close up Puget Sound map, the 70% Republican color was a Republican vs a Libertarian who got over 20%.

Same for my map.  Cincinnati was an unopposed Democratic seat, while three seats in the middle and north-east of the state were unopposed Republican seats.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 04:10:49 PM »

Erc, districts 11-14 and 16 jump out as being horribly gerrymandered.  Is it even worth all the effort? I.e. what's the Dem-Rep balance, if you know it?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies