the 10 Regions of US Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:33:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  the 10 Regions of US Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the 10 Regions of US Politics  (Read 9061 times)
JNB

« on: December 13, 2003, 07:25:34 PM »

I e mailed the author of the map, and I agree with it for the most part, except he should have placed Baltimore in the Southren Lowlands, and DC and its suburbs(Both NO VA and Prine Georges County and MD) in the NE corridor.

The GOP has the most to lose in El Norte, but the Democratcs chances here depend entirely on increasing the Hispanic vote in terms of registarion and turnout, though if the GOP does get close to 40% of the Hispanic vote, the Dems then need a new plan. The Democrats have the most to lose in the Big River region, a region where that has a older population and a large number of white working class socially conservatives voter who vote Democrat out of habit more than anything else.

Barring a economic coallpse(and yes I still think this is possible) or a foreign policy disaster, Bush will have a easier time of getting crossover votes than the Democratic canidate. Bush will concentrate on the Big River region, and the 27 electoral votes in IA, MN and WI that went to Gore in 2000, possibly even some in the Great Lakes region. On the other hand, Democrats run a risk of white backlash in El Norte if they overly pander to Hispanics in attempts to increase the vote in this region.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies