2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:07:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 156125 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: May 15, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »

Excerpt from The Morning Blend (Milwaukee & Surrounding Region morning show)
February 17, 2004; 7:45am

QUESTION #1: So you've covered quite a bit of ground in the last few days. What was your favorite thing about Wisconsin while you were campaigning here?

BIDEN: Thank you. Yes, this is such a beautiful state, and so cold. (laughter) But that's fine, that's fine. I would have to say that my favorite story was at the meet and greet with student and neighborhood volunteers in Madison. We had just told them that I would be calling for a national vote on the Employer Non-Discrimination Act at the rally. After the meet and greet dispersed, a young man came up to me. He told me he was gay, and that until this January when he transferred to college in Madison, he'd lived in Arkansas. He told me how it felt to be a young gay man in a state represented by people openly calling for his discrimination. He thanked me for my leadership and said...what'd he say? Right, he said, "I can only hope everyone like me will soon have a leader that doesn't encourage the bullies." And that hit home with me. It's stuck with me wherever I've gone in this state.

QUESTION #2: Wow. So, you've introduced a bill to raise the minimum wage, but the Republican candidates have voiced concern that you aren't taking into account the effect on small and new businesses. What do you say to that?

BIDEN: I'm glad you've asked me to address that. The Democratic party, of course, we have nothing but respect and enthusiasm for small business. The bill does take this into account. Over the first year, the minimum wage will rise 40% of the way, and the second 40% in the second year. Businesses will then have a six-month window to raise that final 20%, and then the minimum wage will be at $7.25. Now, as these wages are rising, business is gonna see happier, more engaged and committed employees. And that will result in greater profits for the business. I'm proud to say the bill has the support of the entire Democratic field. Though, the last time I was here in Wisconsin, that wasn't true. Senator Clinton was half-way through her five full days of refusing to support the minimum wage.

QUESTION #2.1: So you think the Republicans' concerns are unfounded?

BIDEN: Absolutely not. Listen, Democrats and Republicans, we both want to raise the wage in a responsible way that respects business. I've worked in the Senate a long time, with men and women from all parts of the political spectrum. I'll definitely admit, my Republican colleagues, they have a tendency to cry crocodile tears for the policies they want to get out of supporting, even when they know it's the right thing to do. Is that what Senator Allen is doing here? That's for the voters to decide.

QUESTION #3: One last question, why have you spent so much time in the last few weeks focusing on domestic issues, and not as much talk about Iraq?

BIDEN: Ms. Fay, the Iraq war was a mistake. Pure and simple. Thing is, I've been trying to make an argument. If we're going to be doing nation building, it should be here at home. I intend to commit much of my time as President resolving the Bush administration's failures in Iraq. But the damage they did, it is going to take more time than most people realize. I'm running for President because I have the skill set to see it through as quickly and best as possible.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #551 on: May 16, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »

Is the results coming?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #552 on: May 16, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »

Pretty sure the turn doesn't end until midnight tonight.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #553 on: May 16, 2014, 01:05:58 PM »

Ah, okay. I was confused.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #554 on: May 16, 2014, 03:23:37 PM »

That would be the most logical reasoning. But, because there is only "11:59 M EST" in NHI's post, the round could have ended a minute before noon today. But the midnight is the most likely.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »

That would be the most logical reasoning. But, because there is only "11:59 M EST" in NHI's post, the round could have ended a minute before noon today. But the midnight is the most likely.

Good point. I was going to post a "GOTV strategy" so NHI could you clarify if the turn is over already or if it ends tonight?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2014, 04:12:43 PM by badgate »

Biden GOTV Strategy

Since Feb. 9, the Biden campaign had neighborhood volunteer teams in Milwaukee, Oak Creek, Waukesha, Menomonee Falls, Madison, Sun Prairie, Fitchburg, Eau Claire, Menomonie, River Falls, Middleton, Beloit, Onalaska, La Crosse, Superior, Ashland, Merrill, Wausau, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Wisconsin Rapids, Oshkosh, Green Bay, and Appleton.

Each neighborhood team organized phone banks and block walks with an average of 9 volunteers attending and completing each event. Phone banks were held between 6p and 9p on week nights, and block walks were held from 11am to 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Phone banks averaged 875 calls per phone bank, with an average of 14% conversation rate. Block Walks averaged 789 doors knocked, with a 21% conversation rate overall. Phone banks were held to both persuade voters, inform voters of early voting times and provide them with their early voting location, and on Feb. 15-17 encouraging voters to vote on the day of the primary. Block Walks included persuasion conversations, volunteer recruitment, and GOTV efforts mirroring those of the phone banks.

On February 17, volunteers held phone banks across the state calling registered voters who had voted in previous Democratic primaries, but who had not been reached yet in the campaign. They reported a 19% conversation rate for the overall day. Shifts were 10am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, and 4pm-7pm.

The GOTV targeted those on the voter rolls who had previously voted in a Democratic primary. The effort had volunteers emphasize that they were neighbors with the voters they reached, and share a personal story that explained why they supported Senator Biden. The persuasion tool also had volunteers give a contrast between something Senator Biden had done and a contrasting anecdote about one of his opponents. The main issues pushed were the minimum wage (state-wide), ENDA (urban areas), and highlighting Senator Biden's endorsement from the National Education Association (state-wide).

The Biden campaign has also built up neighborhood volunteer teams in major cities of Utah, Idaho, and Hawai'i, as well as putting field organizers to manage neighborhood volunteer teams in the top tier targets for Super Tuesday: California, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Ohio, Rhode Island, & Vermont. There are currently five field organizers in California, two in Ohio, one in Maryland, one in Vermont and western Massachusetts, and one in eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »

Hope to have results up tomorrow, if not Sunday at latest. Graduation this weekend.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #558 on: May 16, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »

John Edwards for President Schedule: February 15th - 17th

February 15th, 2004:
Town hall in La Crosse, Wisconsin
Meet and greet in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Meet and greet in Plymouth, Wisconsin
Rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with Al Gore and Bob Graham
Town hall in Waukesha, Wisconsin

It's great to be here, in Milwaukee, a city of working families. The polls look grim, but I still have hope. Why? Because we're the campaign that's running on a message of support for working families. Folks here rely on their unions, the foundation of our middle class. I'm the only candidate in this race endorsed by the SEIU, because of my legacy of fighting for working Americans. Union membership, to many of y'all out there, can be the difference between a poverty-wage job and middle-class security. It's good to see that many of you have embraced the right to choose a union, and it saddens me to know that many of you can't, because that law is poorly enforced, full of loopholes, and routinely violated by employers. If elected, I'll work to strengthen and enforce penalties for breaking labor laws, and I'll ban the permanent replacement of strikers so unions can negotiate fairly. The right to join a union should actually mean something, and unions should have a level playing field - as President, that's what I'll make happen.

February 16th, 2004:
Rally in Madison, Wisconsin with Al Gore and Bob Graham
Town hall in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Town hall in Green Bay, Wisconsin
Town hall in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Meet and greet in Platteville, Wisconsin
Meet and greet in River Falls, Wisconsin

It's good to see so many of you here, successful college students. I'm proud of you for taking this step - college graduates can expect to earn $1 million more over their lifetimes than high school graduates, and their children are almost twice as likely to attend college themselves. We have a problem, though: an estimated 200,000 college-qualified graduates fail to attend college each year. Students from high-income families are five times more likely to enroll in college than their low-income peers. College-age black and Hispanic Americans are only about half as likely to be enrolled. And those of you here, students who do go to college, now leave with more than $19,000 in debt, twice as much as a decade ago. That one, especially, is what y'all are probably most interested in. See, the banks that make student loans receive big government subsidies, and a guarantee against default. However, millions of students - some of you in this crowd - have borrowed directly from the Department of Education, getting loans on similar terms, but that're cheaper for taxpayers. As President, I'll let all students borrow directly from Education, and by eliminating bank subsidies on student loans, we can free up almost $6 billion, which we can put towards more financial aid.
But that's another thing - financial aid. All y'all had to fill out the FAFSA to get here. And it was awful. The FAFSA's longer than most tax forms, and lots of people need classes to help fill it out. That's part of the reason why 1.5 million students don't apply for aid they could be eligible for. As President, I'll work to simplify FAFSA through using information the federal government already has, resulting in a form that's about a third of the length of our current one. That's just one of the many ways I, as President, will work to make college more affordable - for a more affordable education, vote tomorrow!

February 17th, 2004:
GOTV in Stevens Point, Wisconsin
GOTV in Menomonie, Wisconsin
GOTV in Superior, Wisconsin
GOTV in Whitewater, Wisconsin
Election night rally, Madison, Wisconsin
Regardless of what happens tonight, we'll keep fighting on to Super Tuesday. We're in this race, Senator Clinton, because it's what I must do. I shouldn't be running for re-election right now - what I should be doing is running for President. That's how I can make the biggest impact, spread my message, and hopefully get some real change in this country. I can best make change and solve this country's problems as President, not in the Senate.

New Ad
To run on several major news websites.

New Ad
To run in Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas

Corporate greed has infiltrated everything that’s happening in this democracy. It’s time for us to say “we’re not going to let our children’s future be stolen by these people.” I have never taken a dime from a Washington lobbyist or a special interest PAC [applause] and I’m proud of that. On [primary day], in [state], what will happen is you will rise.  You will say “enough is enough.”  And you’re going to create a wave of change that cannot be stopped. I’m John Edwards and I approve this message.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #559 on: May 16, 2014, 09:31:28 PM »

I feel sorta bad for asking, but is it okay to have one more one-day extension? I swear I'll be really free for a while after this.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #560 on: May 16, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »

I feel sorta bad for asking, but is it okay to have one more one-day extension? I swear I'll be really free for a while after this.
What does everyone else think, I'm ok with pushing it to tomorrow at 11:59 pm EST
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #561 on: May 16, 2014, 10:04:30 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2014, 05:32:53 AM by dkrolga »

Giuliani Campaign GOTV Strategy (February 15th-17th)

The Giuliani Campaign's GOTV strategy in Wisconsin relies heavily on resources from the International Association of Fire Fighters. Money from IAFF funded transportation shuttles from most University of Wisconsin Campuses and various Assisted-living communities to polling locations. Members of various local IAFF set up phone-banks in Madison, Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Kenosha to drive people to the polls. Vice President Dick Cheney was the campaign's liaison to the IAFF.

The Campaign mobilized the various Electoral Coalitions that have been formed in Wisconsin. Members of the "Veterans for Giuliani" Coalition, the "Students for Giuliani" Coalition, and the "Women for Giuliani" Coalition canvased door-to-door in Madison, Milwaukee, Green, Bay, Kenosha, Appelton, Waukesha, and New Berlin. Senator John McCain coordinated the effort, using residual contacts from his 2000 campaign to mobilize volunteers and staff. Congressman Tom Petri was also critical to the effort, using his knowledge of voting patterns and the Wisconsin populace to determine the most efficient ways to spend resources.

Senators George Voinovich and Mike DeWine used their existing campaign structures to spread campaign literature in Ohio on behalf of the Giuliani Campaign.

Senator Norm Coleman uses his existing campaign structure to distribute campaign literature and provide an email list in Minnesota on behalf of the Giuliani Campaign.

Governor Schwarzenegger and Governor Wilson use their existing campaign structures to distribute campaign literature in California on behalf of the Giuliani Campaign. 

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »

OOC: That's fine. Gives me time to combat the Giuliani GOTV strategy Tongue
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2014, 04:35:09 AM »

Sounds like a plan.
This round will officially close at 11:59 pm EST tonight!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #564 on: May 17, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »

Good luck with that Wink
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: May 17, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »

George Allen GOTV Strategy

"I believe in an America that respects its traditions. I believe in an America that respects families. I believe in George Allen! *cheers* This campaign will move forward!"

In the state of Wisconsin, Karen Hughes made a note to all surrogates and campaign staff centered in the state that it is key to a victory for the Allen campaign. Particularly, the campaign made exstensive use of HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson's knowledge of the state. Thompson, a former four term Wisconsin Governor, knows the ins and outs of the state, and has pushed for a rural strategy. Putting a good amount of resources into halting Giuliani's margins in the larger cities, Thompson has pushed his well-known face around Wisconsin's rural areas, and busing from rural areas has been the center of the strategy of the Allen campaign.

In addition to Thompson's extensive knowledge of the state, the campaign has shelled out a good some of money aiming at church groups and religious families, and pushing them to turnout. Noting Allen's pro-life and anti-gay marriage views and contrasting them with Mayor Giuliani, Campaign Manager Karen Hughes predicts that evangelical turnout will make a difference in the race. The campaign will spend money busing these families.

"The Giuliani strategy is strong, no doubt, but one thing I think that is sincerely being ignored in this face is evangelical families. Wisconsin, like a lot of states, has a very high population of evangelicals. Those voters will push us over the edge in this primary."

In terms of Super Tuesday states, the Allen Campaign is building up infrastructure in the State of California, aiming at Republican strongholds like Orange County, and meeting with California congressmen and building up endorsements. Losing two key endorsements to Giuliani, Schwarzenegger and Wilson, the Allen campaign is looking to grow through sheer force, looking at congressmen and mayors.

Other key states continue to have surrogates and campaign leaders building up organizations that target the same type of people that are aimed at in Wisconsin - religious families who would be more willing to vote on social issues than fiscal issues. Meeting up with church organizations and proper busing of those organizations will be key for the next group of primaries.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:12 PM »

Governor Spiral are you ok? Sad
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #567 on: May 17, 2014, 10:38:49 PM »

I'm pretty sure he is afflicted with that terrible illness that strikes so many of us at this time of the year: exams.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2014, 10:49:10 PM »

You thought I wouldn't post. You thought wrong!

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: February 15-17

February 15
With Russ Feingold, Howard Dean, and Mike Gravel
-Bus tour in Brookfield, WI
-Rallying supporters and activists in New Berlin, WI
-Phone banking in Shwboygan, WI
-Phone banking in Fond du Lac, WI
-Barnstorming and fundraiser in La Crosse, WI
-Organizing GOTV strategy with staff and supporters in Janesville, WI

When you go out to vote in two days, remember who has been out in the trenches, fighting for every cause even when it's not popular to do so. I've been the voice for the working class in Congress, and I've been the consistent advocate for peace around the world. We can pull out of this destructive and costly wars with the right kind of leadership in the White House, and I'll withdraw all of our troops within the first 90 days of my presidency. No other Democrat has promised that they will be serious on this issue and have a timetable that quickly, but Iraq has been a mistake from the very beginning and it's about time we correct that mistake as soon as possible. We'll work with Iraq to rebuild their government and their society after the atrocities we've committed over there, and it won't be easy or quick, but I know we can do it together cooperatively. Let's tell the neocons that we won't tolerate any more of their business and elect a ticket that stands for peace this November!

February 16
With Russ Feingold, Howard Dean, and Ramsey Clark
-Barnstorming and fundraiser in Oshkosh, WI
-Bus tour in Appleton, WI
-Phone banking in Racine, WI
-Rallying supporters and persuading undecided voters in Green Bay, WI
-Barnstorming and reaching out to undecideds in Madison, WI
-Barnstorming and implementing massive GOTV strategy in Milwaukee, WI

Let's talk about you, the voters, and the working class in this country. I'm the only candidate in this race who has been endorsed by the AFL-CIO, the largest union group in the nation. They saw in my record a strong and consistent record in standing up for worker's rights, something that I think too many Democrats have lost a grip of in recent years. You're seeing Republican governors push through their anti-worker measures with right-to-work laws, and while they've had more success in recent years, we can turn the tides back to us with determination. Wisconsin has had a proud history of progressivism. Robert La Follette stood strong on his beliefs and he showed how we can push through an ambitious agenda that will move us forward, even if we don't win every fight along the way. Wisconsin, let's show that we're able to win this fight tomorrow night and continue forward with a path to victory for the nomination! Your senator Russ Feingold is right by my side in this battle. Will you be, too?

February 17
With Russ Feingold, George McGovern, Bernie Sanders, and Robert Reich
-GOTV statewide in Wisconsin
-Media interviews with Wisconsin media outlets
-Rally in Milwaukee, WI

Kucinich GOTV Strategy

The Kucinich campaign has been building an intense GOTV operation in the state of Wisconsin, where campaign staff believe that there is a strong possibility of winning despite recent polls showing Biden and Clinton at the top of the pack. The key to victory is using Senator Russ Feingold, one of Kucinich's more prominent surrogates, to barnstorm alongside the candidate across every campaign stop in the last few days. Feingold has been contacting local Democratic chapters in Wisconsin to rally voters around Kucinich. He has been very vocal speaking out against the other Democratic candidates and emphasizing Congressman Kucinich's record on areas such as the wars and civil liberties, where the two have been lone wolfs on compared to the rest of Congress. Feingold's barnstorming statewide is sure to bounce Kucinich ahead of what polls say to a very strong performance, and perhaps even a win.

In addition to Feingold, the AFL-CIO, who has endorsed Kucinich publicly, is also devoting plenty of resources to supporting the candidate in the final stretch. Wisconsin, a state with strong roots in labor, is sympathetic to the voices of union organizations, and the AFL-CIO has distributed pro-Kucinich pamphlets, been airing pro-Kucinich TV and radio ads in the state, and has encouraged Wisconsin members to show up on the 17th for Kucinich. The support has put the spotlight on Kucinich's record in Congress to issues important to workers, such as the minimum wage and bargaining rights. As a pro-labor champion, Kucinich will rally this constituency of voters to make a powerful showing in Wisconsin.

The campaign has worked alongside grassroots supporters to raise awareness of Kucinich's record and to persuade undecided voters to go with the candidate who has been unapologetic about being the strongest liberal in the race. TV and radio ads aired in Wisconsin point to different issues, such as Iraq or Social Security, where Kucinich stands out and that will motivate voters across the state to show up in favor of the candidate. There is an equal importance in bringing out the vote in both urban and rural areas, believing that every vote counts. Grassroots forces have been especially crucial in rallying the youth vote, who are expected to break for Kucinich by a considerable margin. Middle-class, suburban voters are also given high priority, and are being motivated to show up through an intense ground effort of knocking on doors and raising awareness of the candidate's record on issues important to voters. Wisconsin is considered a valuable target for the Kucinich campaign, and a victory is very feasible in the campaign's eyes based on how active and potent the base of support is here.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »

Round XV: February 18-February 24

Wisconsin Primary

Wisconsin Primary: Republicans
√George Allen: 38.04% (67)
Rudy Giuliani: 38.02%
Gary Johnson: 23.94%

Oh what a night! After trading back and forth between first and second George Allen was projected the winner at 2:20 AM. Early exit polls showed Giuliani up by one point, but as the results started coming in Allen's chances started to improve. Both sides are likely to claim victory do the margin (0.2 percent) and sets up for a competitive contests on the 24th and on Super Tuesday. Pundits attributed Allen's narrow win to the endorsement of Tommy Thompson who helped lead the campaign's GOTV effort.

Republican Primary Poll: Post Wisconsin
George Allen: 38%
Rudy Giuliani: 38%
Gary Johnson: 20%
Undecided: 4%

George Allen: 488
Rudy Giuliani: 210
Gary Johnson: 111
Donald Rumsfeld: 61

Wisconsin Primary: Democrats
√Joe Biden: 27.4% (67)
Hillary Clinton: 26.7%
Dennis Kucinich: 25.7%
John Edwards: 20.2%

Joe Biden's hard work in Wisconsin paid off. The Delaware Senator won a close, but still important victory in the Wisconsin Primary, picking up 67 delegates, but him now in third overall. The state of the Democratic race appears to be a Clinton v Biden heading into Super Tuesday and the clear winner of those contests, (assuming there is one) will have the momentum going forward. Dennis Kucinich also had a respectable showing, coming in a strong third and one point behind Hillary Clinton. John Edwards finished fourth, but is by no means finished, thanks to his lead in the delegate count. Biden's first place gives his campaign some new and needed momentum heading into Super Tuesday especially.

John Edwards: 273
Hillary Clinton: 210
Joe Biden: 208
Dennis Kucinich: 153

Democratic Primary Poll: Post Wisconsin
Hillary Clinton: 28%
Joe Biden: 27%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%
John Edwards: 19%
Undecided: 5%

Upcoming Contests

Hawaii: Republicans (20)
Rudy Giuliani: 41%
George Allen: 32%
Gary Johnson: 23%

Idaho: Republicans (18)
George Allen: 44%
Rudy Giuliani: 27%
Gary Johnson: 24%

Utah: Republicans (8 )
George Allen: 45%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Gary Johnson: 18%

Hawaii: Democrats (20)
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Joe Biden: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 23%
John Edwards: 21%

Idaho: Democrats (18)
Joe Biden: 30%
Hillary Clinton: 27%
John Edwards: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%

Utah: Democrats (8 )
Hillary Clinton: 30%
Joe Biden: 28%
Dennis Kucinich: 23%
John Edwards: 16%
Undecided: 3%

-------
Super Tuesday Polling:

California:
Democrats: Tossup

Hillary Clinton: 29%
Joe Biden: 27%
Dennis Kucinich: 18%

Republicans: Solid Giuliani
Rudy Giuliani: 45%
George Allen: 34%
Gary Johnson: 14%

Connecticut:
Democrats: Lean Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 33%
Dennis Kucinich: 12%

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
George Allen: 30%
Gary Johnson: 15%

Georgia:

John Edwards: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 16%

Republicans: Solid Allen
George Allen: 43%
Rudy Giuliani: 31%
Gary Johnson: 17%

Maryland:

Joe Biden: 29%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%
John Edwards: 15%

Republicans: Tossup
Rudy Giuliani: 39%
George Allen: 39%

Massachusetts
Democrats: Lean Biden

Joe Biden: 31%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%

Rudy Giuliani: 50%
George Allen: 25%

Minnesota:
Democrats: Lean Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 30%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%

George Allen: 33%
Rudy Giuliani: 33%
Gary Johnson: 25%

New York:
Democrats: Solid Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 70%
Joe Biden: 10%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%
John Edwards: 7%

Rudy Giuliani: 73%
George Allen: 13%
Gary Johnson: 8%

Ohio:

Hillary Clinton: 24%
Joe Biden: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 24%

George Allen: 36%
Rudy Giuliani: 35%
Gary Johnson: 21%

Rhode Island:

Dennis Kucinich: 26%
John Edwards: 15%

Rudy Giuliani: 50%
George Allen: 29%
Gary Johnson: 14%

Vermont:

Dennis Kucinich: 25%
Joe Biden: 25%
Hillary Clinton: 25%

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Gary Johnson: 28%
George Allen: 17%

This Round will close on Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #570 on: May 18, 2014, 11:14:19 AM »

February 18, 2004 1:15 AM
Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, Wisconsin

As the Republican race draws closer to a close, ours is just heating up. In Joe Biden, Dennis Kucinich, John Edwards and myself, we have four candidates, who have each proven themselves this year to be a plausible nominee. We have four candidates, who thanks to the excesses of the Bush administration each have a realistic chance in November, should they become the nominee. And we have four candidates, who know what it takes to stare disaster in the eye and come away the stronger person, be it Dennis Kucinich as mayor of Cleveland, facing a hit from local Mafia, Joe Biden in all his years as chair on the Judiciary on Foreign Relations committees, John Edwards, in his run against Lauch Faircloth a race in which he was an underdog, just as he is now, never giving up, always thinking, he can win, and yours truly, who has recovered from the "Hillarycare" debacle of 1993-1994 to become a respectable politician of my own. We can win this in November, no matter who we nominate, and we will win this in November.   
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #571 on: May 18, 2014, 12:04:57 PM »

George Allen - Wisconsin Victory Speech Excerpt

"Looks like we did it again *applause* Everyone on the campaign trail was key toward our victory, but most importantly, thanks has to go out to HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson, whose knowledge of the state almost went beyond comprehension. But that what this campaign has been about: putting out knowledgeable policies, working hard, and fighting the same way those first generation Americans did toward the American dream. I will not give up on giving all Americans the opportunity at the American dream!

We won tonight because we believe in the American family. I'm not willing to stand by and let the liberals change the social fabric of America, America works as is. I will stand and fight for our families and for the traditional values that this country was founded on. The fact that my opponent in this race was not willing to fight that fight shows a lot about this race and I believe it disqualifies him from being the Republican nominee. *applause* We need a leader that represents us, and he has shown a lack of ability to do on those set of issues.

American Entrepreneurship is on the decline, and we need to do more to allow those Americans to innovate. We need to cut business taxes, cut harmful regulations, and cut spending. You can't tax and spend your way to a prosperous economy, and the Allen campaign will not even try! *applause*

I want every American to know that we are not going to leave them behind. We are going to have education reform that gives every single parent in this country a choice. We are going to make the economy more viable for working families and small businesses. We are going to reform social security so that our children and our childrens chidren can have it. We can do it, and now its for sure we have the numbers to do it! *applause*"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #572 on: May 18, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »

New Surrogates for Hillary Clinton

Caroline Kennedy
Radio City Music Hall, Manhattan, New York

It's rare that I disagree with my Uncle Teddy, but I think Senator Biden had best shot in 1992, and he didn't run. Senator Clinton will break the glass ceiling that isn't just being felt in America, but in countries across the world, and that is why I am supporting her.

David Bieter
Boise Center, Boise, Idaho

Hillary might not be competitive here in November, but we will do whatever it takes to ensure that she wins Idaho's Caucuses!

Cecil Andrus
Craigmont, Idaho

With most Republicans retreating from even the modest environmental reforms of the Nixon era, and having worked with the Clinton Administration in the early 1990's on Environmental issues I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that I will endorse Senator Clinton for President.

John V. Evans
Hailwell Park, Pocatello, Idaho

While I'm not happy about the state of the Democratic field, and I sorely wish someone from the west was in it, I do see that there is a candidate with policy positions that I appreciate. That Candidate is Hillary Clinton.

Rick Nolan
Mora, Minnesota

It's been a few years since I was last in Congress... Okay, it's been twenty-three. But in those twenty-three years, I have never seen a Republican Congress more determined to thwart and remove a President and First Lady than I saw with Bill and Hillary Clinton. Maybe there was some truth to Whitewater, to Lewinsky-gate, to the Vince Foster debacle, but the reality is that we didn't play hardball on Iran-Contra. We didn't demand the impeachment of President Reagan and Vice-President Bush, when by all accounts we had every right to. We haven't demanded impeachment of President Bush or Vice-President Cheney for the Valarie Plame affair, where again, we by all accounts have every right to. The reality is we have been taking the high road on these issues, and the Republicans have not.

John Huntsman
Romney Stadium, Logan, Utah

While I like all three Republican Candidates this year, I just don't think any of them can win this November, especially with President Bush's approval ratings so low.  I am endorsing Hillary Clinton for President with the Utah Primary approaching, but I have no intention of leaving the Republican Party.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: May 18, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »

Jon Huntsman was running for Governor in 2004, and endorsed McCain and Romney later on, so there's no way he'd endorse Hillary.

Sorry, but no.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #574 on: May 18, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »

Jon Huntsman was running for Governor in 2004, and endorsed McCain and Romney later on, so there's no way he'd endorse Hillary.

Sorry, but no.

The logic is he doesn't think Giuliani or Allen will in November, and he definitely doesn't think Johnson would win the nomination. I think he's gambling that Utah is such a heavily Republican State that he'll win the Governorship, regardless. (Also I, never said this endorsement carried over to the General Election)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies