2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:51:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155666 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: June 22, 2014, 10:33:04 PM »

July 29, 2004
Night #4, Biden for America
Part I

Rep. Barbara Lee

"Thank you. Thank you. It's good to be here. We are blessed. (applause)

We are blessed to have tonight the next President of the United States addressing our convention (applause)

We are blessed to be free, to be safe, to be here, in America (applause)

I come to you from the concrete jungle of Oakland, where I grew up. Like Senator Biden I was inspired by the Presidential campaign of Shirley Chisholm. I will always remember what she said when I asked her how I could help the campaign: 'Well, my dear. First you must register to vote.' (applause)

So I ask you today, sitting at home: vote. Be a voice in your community. A wise writer once wrote, decisions are made by those who show up. Show up for Joe Biden!"

Sen. Evan Bayh

"Let’s start with some good news. In less than five months the Bush Administration will be gone, finished, outta here. Forever. Unless, of course, Rudy Giuliani is elected, in which case we’ll have to endure four more years of the same old thing.  The same old partisanship, the same old anger. That is not the change we need.

Under George Bush, we’ve become more dependent on imported oil today than we were on 9/11.

And with Rudy Giuliani, America will pay another $2.5 trillion over the next 10 years to hostile or unstable nations for foreign oil. That is not the change we need."

"George Bush took the largest surplus in our nation’s history and turned it into the largest deficit, borrowing billions from China, Japan, even Mexico. Rudy Giuliani would continue this dangerous fiscal irresponsibility.  He has put this on the backs of our children and our grand children. (pointing into crowd)  I do not want my children there to pay for his mistakes, to pay for his wars, to pay for his corporate friends.

Under George Bush, hundreds of thousands of good jobs have gone overseas, pensions have disappeared, health costs have skyrocketed, middle-class families are struggling.  This is such a change from a few years ago. 

Under George Bush, America has become bogged down in an endless war in Iraq, spending more and more money there, $10 billion a month that could be spent to strengthen America’s schools, provide health care for America’s seniors or create new jobs repairing America’s roads, ports and bridges. Rudy Giuliani wants to continue this blank check? That is not the change we need.

Under George Bush, the Middle East has become more troubled. That hurts America and endangers our ally, Israel, which has been forced to confront a resurgent Hamas, an emboldened Hezbollah and an Iran determined to get nuclear weapons. That is not the change we need.

Remember “Mission Accomplished”? Remember George Bush saying “bring ‘em on”?

Remember our soldiers having to search through garbage dumps to find armor for their humvees? Well, the mission was far from over. They did come on and American soldiers lost their lives because of this administration’s disgraceful incompetence.

Rudy Giuliani is not a bad man, but he is badly mistaken about embracing the Bush agenda. He says he agrees with George Bush on virtually every major issue. He is the man's vice president.

What’s most incredible, he says our economy has made “great progress” over the past few years. Try telling that to middle-class families across Indiana trying to make ends meet. We can’t afford another four years of Washington as usual.  These family's who are hurting so hard, and some want to have tax cuts for

Joe offers specific ideas to help struggling middle-class families meet the challenges they face each and every day. He will create more than five million new green-collar jobs, including American workers building high-mileage American vehicles and Midwestern farmers producing America’s fuel. He will invest in hybrid technology and alternative energy.

He will lower health insurance premiums for middle-class families by $2,500 a year and offer a $1,000 tax cut for middle-class families to offset the high cost of gasoline. He will give students a $4,000 tax credit for college in exchange for community service. He will reduce the record deficit and bring fiscal responsibility back to Washington. And finally, after too much treasure and too many lives lost in Iraq, Joe Biden will responsibly end this war and bring our sons and daughters home. That’s the change we need.

George Bush promised to be “a uniter, not a divider.” Well, it didn’t turn out that way. He divided the nation more profoundly than at any time since the Vietnam War, pitting American against American.

But, as like Senator Obama said a few days ago, we can no longer be divided into red states and blue states but must stand united as 50 red, white, and blue states, with a common cause and common destiny. That’s the change we need.

And that’s why this campaign is about more than a single person or party. It’s about a cause bigger than ourselves. For teachers and students yearning for better schools, your cause is our cause. For the working men and women who need a government that says “no” to unfair foreign trade practices, your cause is our cause. For seniors struggling to afford medicine and pay the grocery bill, your cause is our cause. To the soldiers, sailors and airmen who deserve a commander- in-chief whose judgment and wisdom are worthy of their courage and sacrifice, your cause is our cause.

That is the change we need. And that is the change that Joe Biden and Blanche Lincoln will deliver, and we will, once again, live up to the full meaning of our creed: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice—not just for the fortunate, not just for the few—for all.

Now with your help, Joe Biden’s leadership and God willing, let’s go get the job done."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1051 on: June 22, 2014, 10:33:41 PM »

July 29, 2004
Night #4, Biden for America
Part II

Beau Biden

"Good evening. My name is Beau Biden, and I want to take a moment to tell you about my dad.

I don't remember my mother. There are so many kids out there, some may be watching tonight, who don't know their mother or their father. So I want to take a moment and make sure they know: the next President's son is just like you.

I don't remember my mother because in 1972 we were driving home from errands when a truck hit us. I lost my mother and newborn sister that day, and almost lost my brother.

I remember dad. I remember that he'd just gotten an important job. Something called a 'senator?' (laughter) I remember that he sat down, and held my hand, and promised to come home every night and be there in Delaware every morning before school. The morning commute from Wilmington to D.C. became a daily routine for dad.

I'm a little older now, but he still takes the train to work every day.

So I want to introduce you to someone with so much heart he's running a 50-state strategy. I want to introduce you to a family man, a man of God, a man of the people of America. Before you vote in November you'll hear this again, but pay attention the first time: I want to introduce you to a man who won't stand for the power of Wall Street when it bankrupts Main Street. Who'll fight the divisions of old and the politics of the Bush era. The next President of the United States, my dad, Senator Joeseph Biden!"

Statement from Biden for America

FOR PRESS: Here is a photograph taken by campaign photographer Odabie Jones, of Senator Biden during his son's introduction at the DNC.

Sen. Joe Biden -- Presidential candidate.

"Thank you. Good evening...thank you! What a blessing it is to be here before you. I appreciate all your warmth, this fabulous welcome, but I need to ask for silence. You see, we've been talking all week about the future of America and the great things we are going to do. But we need to remember that there are thousands of patriots overseas serving this cause. So before I accept your nomination, I have to ask for a moment of silence, in honor of those we have lost and those who still stand for freedom.

I began my life in Scranton, Pennsylvania. The first of four tight-knit children, we were a Catholic household through and through. We knew from our parents and our teaching that charity and service were of utmost importance. So thank you, tonight, for honoring me with the opportunity to serve my country as President of the United States.

We live in perilous times. I don't deny that. Our national security is never more important and never more threatened. The American family is afraid, unsure under the unsteady leadership of President Bush. Our economy is stagnating, and across the country I have heard Americans cry out for a candidate, an option on the ballot, somebody, finally with integrity. So I stand before you, a candidate for the highest office in the land, ready to address the issues that dog our nation and set us on the path forward.

From the Rio Grande Valley to the hunting marshes of Montana, this nation is ready for change. From the mist hovering about the Golden Gate Bridge, to the commuters hustling along the Brooklyn Bridge, this nation is ready for change. From the apartment of a single mother and her son, to the comfortable home of a middle class family, this nation is ready for change. As your next President, I will bring that change.

I will raise the minimum wage in this country through bipartisan action, ensuring that businesses have flexibility in implementing the raise and that hardworking Americans have the money in their pocket to propel our economy forward. For each family with a parent working minimum wage, the next year will bring over $2,100 in new money to be spent on school supplies, car repair, and paying the bills. Things so many of us are so fortunate to take for granted. And for each worker spending this money, businesses will see profits and consumer spending soar. Our economy and our families will be strengthened and propelled forward by raising the minimum wage!

Change. We have to change the energy situation here in America. Our national security depends on achieving energy independence. President Bush has allowed us to be dependent more and more on oil from the middle east. My administration will create the National Institute of Technology, committed to furthering the research of solar and wind technology. There are engineers and innovators on the cutting edge of technology coming upon the cusp of new and exciting energy sources from batteries to efficient solar, wind turbines, and safer oil production. But energy independence is not only a pursuit of national security; we can make our economy a global force by achieving this goal that is every day more within our grasp. Together we can make this change.

The American family is here at home, and that is why as President I will reopen the Domestic Terrorism Task Force, a program wrongfully shut down by President Bush after September 11th. While he committed our troops to engagements with terrorists overseas, there was a loss of integrity at home when the Domestic Terrorism Task Force's doors were shuttered. I will renew that integrity once and for all to strengthen our national security and keep the American family safe.

We've all heard talk about the war in Iraq, from everywhere on the political spectrum. So have I. I hear the mothers, praying for their sons, and the fathers, praying for their daughters. I hear the doves calling for diplomacy and the hawks calling for destruction. I hear the uncertainty in our daily lives, the fear that today is the day that September 11th happens all over again. I can't promise you it never will. Nobody can, not even our Lord. But I can promise to go to work every morning for you. I promise to go to work every morning and look out on the world and find the terrorists that intend to do us harm and bring them to justice. I promise to end the war in Iraq, to let the Iraqis govern themselves, to bring our boys and girls home.

I want to thank, before I forget and she makes me sleep on the couch, I want to thank my wife Jill for her beautiful and kind words on the first night of the convention. You know, Jill's a school teacher. We talk every day about the great things our public schools are doing, and the opportunities they have to do more for America's children.

We have an opportunity in the next four years to make sure every single one of those children can pursue a college education. I've proposed making accreditation of a university contingent on the guarantee that 80% of your tuition goes directly to your education. I've promised to thrust the middle men - the big banks - out of the student loan process and give students a fair interest rate and flexible repayment that doesn't make your education a burden the day after graduation. Together we can bring college affordability to so many people who couldn't think of it, and we can do it by strengthening the economy with more higher skilled workers, and strengthening our families by giving every child the opportunity they deserve.

And it wouldn't be a Democratic convention, would it, without telling the American people what we will do to make healthcare affordable for all. You've all heard it, one of my most famous lines from the primary: 'health care reform is such a frightening prospect because of how much we need healthcare reform.' So many of us know that getting a major illness can mean losing our coverage. So many of us know that once we've found the plan in the little corner of the market that we can work with, hopefully afford, and hopefully rarely have to use, it's a terrifying prospect to hear that the government is coming in and changing it all. That's not what I intend to do. We have to make smart reform, that mandates the vast majority of your money goes directly to your medical care; if it doesn't, your health plan will refund you the difference every six months. On Christmas, and the Fourth of July (chuckles). That's just an idea I had standing up here, the Christmas and Fourth of July one. (laughter)

But too many Americans come to a health insurance provider and say: "I'm sick, what can you do to help me?" and find a door closed in their face. Once and for all we will make it illegal for these companies to discriminate against Americans with pre-existing illness, or charge them more and punish them for the disease they had no choice in obtaining. It's the integrity move, one that will forever strengthen our economy and our families.

Seventy-two years ago, on the stage of the Democratic Convention, this party pledged a New Deal with American people.

And forty-four years ago, we embarked together on a New Frontier, and four years later came up on a Great Society.

I'm thinking it's time for Change. I'm thinking it's time to shun the divisive politics of the present and embark together here tonight on the New American Century. We can show this world the unity democracy can bring to its people. We can show the terrorists the unity democracy
always brings to its people. We can show each other, maybe for the first time in too, too long, that we can love, and live, and work together across lines of color or faith or tongue, the divisions of old are beyond us, I declare here today!

So join me! Join me on the trail, in November, and in the next four years! Join me in the New American Century! (sustained cheers)

My friends, my family, my fellow Americans! The path is before us and the opportunity is limitless! God bless you and your families! God bless the United States, and here tonight, let it be known: I accept your nomination for President of the United States!!

Thank you! Thank you!"
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1052 on: June 22, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »

DNC Talking Points, part 2
Paul Begala, Communications Dir.; Biden for America

Night #3, America looking forward - The third night of the convention will show the Democratic party's strength in the south, with elected officials from Florida, Arkansas, Louisiana, and New Mexico touting Sen. Blanche Lincoln before she takes the stage. President Clinton's speech is an articulate dissection of Rudy Giuliani's corrupt record as Mayor of New York. Senator Lincoln will emphasize that our campaign is devoted to the future of this country.

Night #4, Biden for America - The final night of the convention is built on four pillars: National Security, Family, the Economy, and Integrity. All of these speeches and surrogate talking points should be tied to those four promises to the American people, and that is what people will hear tonight in Senator Biden's speech.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1053 on: June 22, 2014, 10:40:29 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2014, 10:47:21 PM by badgate »

Biden Surrogates

Governor Mario Cuomo
Barnstorm in New York
Attending the DNC

Senator Mark Warner
Barnstorm in Virginia
Attending the DNC

Senator Arlen Specter
Barnstorm in Pennsylvania
Attending the DNC

Senator Olympia Snowe
Barnstorming in Maine
Attending the DNC

Senator Jay Rockefeller
Barnstorming in West Virginia
Attending the DNC

Senator Maria Cantwell
Barnstorming Nevada
Attending the DNC

Sen. Max Clealand
Barnstorming in Ohio
Attending the DNC

Sen. Max Baucus
Barnstorming in Montana
Attending the DNC

Sen. Mark Dayton
Barnstorming in Wisconsin
Attending the DNC

Sen. Daniel Inoyue
Barnstorming in Hawaii
Attending the DNC

Gov. Jerry Brown
Barnstorming in Nevada
Attending the DNC

Rep. Ben Chandler
Barnstorming in Kentucky
Attending the DNC

Sen. Herb Kohl
Attending the DNC

Sen. Ted Kennedy
Barnstorming in New York
Attending the DNC

Rep. Tammy Baldwin
Attending the DNC

Rep. Betty McCollum
Barnstorming in Minnesota
Attending the DNC

Rep. Martin Olav Sabo
Barnstorming in Minnesota
Attending the DNC

Rep. Henry Waxman
Barnstorming in Nevada
Attending the DNC

Sen. Jack Reed
Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Attending the DNC

Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy
Attending the DNC

Rep. Jim Langevin
Attending the DNC

Rep. Richard Neal
Attending the DNC

Rep. Ted Strickland
Barnstorming in OH-6
Attending the DNC

Sen. Paul Sarbanes
Barnstorming in West Virginia
Attending the DNC

Gov. Ann Richards
Barnstorming in Texas
Attending the DNC

Rep. Lloyd Doggett
Barnstorming in Texas
Attending the DNC

Rep. Gene Taylor
Barnstorming in Mississippi
Attending the DNC

Rep. Bennie Thompson
Barnstorming in Mississippi
Attending the DNC

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee
Barnstorming in Texas
Attending the DNC

Carol Moseley Braun, former Senator from Illinois
Barnstorming in Illinois
Attending the DNC

Rep. Bobby Rush
Barnstorming in Virginia
Attending the DNC

Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Barnstorming in Iowa
Attending the DNC

Rep. Luis Gutierrez
Barnstorming in Arizona
Attending the DNC

Rep. Rahm Emanuel
Barnstorming in Illinois
Attending the DNC

Gov. Tony Knowles
Barnstorming in Alaska
Attending the DNC

Attorney General/Senate candidate Ken Salazar
Barnstorming in Colorado
Attending the DNC

Mayor John Hickenlooper
Barnstorming in Colorado
Attending the DNC

Rep. Mark Udall
Barnstorming in Colorado
Attending the DNC

Rep. Diana DeGette
Barnstorming in Colorado
Attending the DNC

Judy Shepard
Barnstorming in Wyoming
Attending the DNC

Gov. Ed Rendell
Barnstorming in Pennsylvania
Attending the DNC

Rep. Joe Hoeffel
Barnstorming in PA-13
Attending the DNC

State Sen. Allyson Schwartz
Barnstorming in PA-13
Attending the DNC

Rep. Donna Christian-Christensen
Barnstorming in U.S. Virgin Islands
Attending the DNC

Rep. Mel Watts
Barnstorming in NC-12
Attending the DNC

Gov. Mike Easley
Barnstorming in North Carolina
Attending the DNC

Sen. John Edwards
Barnstorming in North Carolina
Attending the DNC

Sen. Hillary Clinton
Barnstorming in New York
Attending the DNC

Pres. Bill Clinton
Recovering from surgery
Attending the DNC

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius
Barnstorming in Kansas
Attending the DNC

Sen. Evan Bayh
Barnstorming in Indiana
Attending the DNC

Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
Barnstorming in Detroit
Attending the DNC

Rep. Barbara Lee
Barnstorming in New York
Attending the DNC

Jesse Jackson
Barnstorming in New York
Attending the DNC

Rev. Al Sharpton
Barnstorming in Florida
Attending the DNC

Gov. Kathleen Blanco
Barnstorming in Louisiana
Attending the DNC

Gov. Phil Bredensen
Barnstorming in Tennessee
Attending the DNC

Rep. Harold Ford, Jr.
Barnstorming in TN-5
Attending the DNC

Gov. Janet Napolitano
Barnstorming in Arizona
Attending the DNC

Rep. Bud Cramer
Barnstorming in Alabama
Attending the DNC
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1054 on: June 22, 2014, 10:43:22 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2014, 12:52:32 AM by badgate »

MEMO: The DNC and Biden for America have coalesced their resources to air the Biden for America ad nationwide the week of the DNC.

TV Ad: Biden For America
---Abridged version being aired on Radio

[Footage of a younger Senator Biden speaking on the Senate floor, Biden greeting voters on the campaign trail, and finally Biden sitting addressing the camera]

BIDEN: When I was a child I had a stutter. So every day, I'd sit myself in front of the mirror, and read aloud. I read my homework. I read the Hardy Boys. I read the bible. And with the determination that I put into everything I take on, I came out able to express my ideas clearly, and speak with confidence.

In the challenges facing America, I am prepared to take on the tough road that lies ahead. I'm Senator Joe Biden, the candidate for president that you can trust. I've served in the Senate, passing a sweeping crime law to get criminals off the streets. I wrote and passed the Violence Against Women Act, and earned experience on the international stage when I secured the SALT treaty for arms control with Russia in 1980. In this campaign I have proposed raising the minimum wage in a responsible way that respects business and doesn't impose a big government mandate, while helping to bring millions of hardworking Americans out of poverty. I have promised the families of our brave servicemen and women to bring their loved ones home, to fix the mistakes made in Iraq. And I'm making a promise to you: your vote will not be wasted on me.

Anyone who's watched the Democratic primary knows I'm a fighter. I'm in this race because I believe in America and I believe I am the candidate to get us to the New American Centuty we can be. I promise to fight. For you.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1055 on: June 22, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: July 23-29

I'm in this election to the very end, have no doubts about it. We're seeing our polling numbers rise up slowly but surely all across the country this summer, and this will continue all the way to Election Day. The Kucinich-Sanders ticket is the only true voice of all Americans. Regardless of gender, race, or class, you should know that you'll have people in the White House fighting on your behalf, and if it means battling with special interests up in Washington, so be it. That's a fight we relish. The Democrats and Republicans have failed to live up to their promises time and time again. Whether it's bombing more countries, deregulating our financial sector, or ignoring workers' rights, the people in Washington right now have taken us on a dangerous path. Now, in 2004, we have the opportunity to change that and elect leaders that will fight for progressive ideals. My fellow Americans, we can do this together!

July 23
-Town Hall in Ewa Villages, HI
-Town Hall in Hawaiian Beaches, HI
-Town Hall in Captain Cook, HI
-Town Hall in Laie, HI
-Town Hall in Ainaloa, HI

July 24
-Meet and Greet in Gambell, AK
-Meet and Greet in Point Hope, AK
-Meet and Greet in Selawik, AK
-Meet and Greet in Mountain Village, AK
-Meet and Greet in Craig, AK

July 25
-Town Hall in Homer, AK
-Town Hall in Bethel, AK
-Town Hall in Palmer, AK
-Town Hall in Sitka, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Anchorage, AK

July 26
-Meet and Greet in Wilder, VT
-Meet and Greet in Fair Haven, VT
-Meet and Greet in Windsor, VT
-Town Hall in Newport, VT
-Town Hall in Winnoski, VT

July 27
-Town Hall in Vergennes, VT
-Town Hall in Montpelier, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in South Burlington, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Burlington, VT
-Interviews with local media

July 28
-Town Halls in Washington, D.C.
-Rally and Fundraiser in Washington, D.C.
-Meeting with progressive activists in Washington, D.C.
-Interview on The O'Reilly Factor

July 29
-Rally and Fundraiser in Visalia, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Stockton, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Modesto, CA
-Bus Tour in Santa Ana, CA
-Bus Tour in Bakersfield, CA

TV/Radio Ad: Fighting For You

As Mayor of Cleveland, Dennis Kucinich said no to selling off the city's electric utility. Years later, he was proven right in his decision, as it saved Cleveland millions. As a Congressman, Dennis has been at the forefront pushing for higher wages, job security, a protected environment, and a peaceful foreign policy. Some will ignore him, but Dennis has never been one to sit on his hands during the tough battles. He has been a champion for the working class his whole life, and he's been fighting for you. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1056 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:42 AM »

Round XXIV: August 29-September 2, 2004
The Republican National Convention New York City, New York

The Democratic Convention is in the history books and after four days Democrats came out of Boston united the Biden-Lincoln Ticket. The final night of the convention featured a moving introduction by Beau Biden, which brought the audience to tears, as he talked about growing up with his father. Joe Biden, then took the stage and accepted the nomination. Biden stressed change in his acceptance speech, taking aim at Vice President Rudy Giuliani as being mired in the past and that under a Biden Administration America would be remain safe, secure and strong. Change was a recurring theme through the convention night and making a simple message: Biden for America.

The biggest line of the night was in Biden's closing "I'm thinking it's time for Change. I'm thinking it's time to shun the divisive politics of the present and embark together here tonight on the New American Century. We can show this world the unity democracy can bring to its people. We can show the terrorists the unity democracy always brings to its people. We can show each other, maybe for the first time in too, too long, that we can love, and live, and work together across lines of color or faith or tongue, the divisions of old are beyond us, I declare here today!"

Biden instantly hit the campaign trail released a radio ad, running in all fifty states. Polling following the convention shows Biden with a significant bounce, holding his fist major lead over Giuliani for the first time. The question will be whether or not he can hold onto it.

Gary Johnson and Dennis Kucinich continue to see their poll numbers rise, making them competitive in some key battleground states. Republicans now ready for their convention in New York, where Rudy Giuliani will accept the nomination and hopefully take the focus off Biden and the Democrats.

Gallup Poll: Post Democratic Convention (Biden +4)
(D) Joe Biden: 44%
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 40%
(L) Gary Johnson: 7%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 5%

This Round will close on June 25 at 11:59 PM EST
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1057 on: June 23, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »

OOC: Can we get a tossup map for the start of this turn?

Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say state-by-state polls would be much appreciated after the final convention is over!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1058 on: June 23, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »

Can you maybe implement a system by which forum members cans be Outside Spendin Groups?

I would also be interested in this. Can't let y'all go unchallenged, of course. Tongue

Bump?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1059 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for August 29th-September 2nd, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush
Campaign Director: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Theodore Olson
Chief Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster:Mike DuHaime

August 29th, 2004: New Hampshire
-- Barnstorm in Nashua, NH with Gov. Romney, Gov. Benson, and Gov. Sununu
-- Barnstorm in Manchester, NH with Gov. Romney, Gov. Benson, and Gov. Sununu
-- Barnstorm in Goffstown, NH with Gov. Romney, Gov. Benson, and Gov. Sununu
-- Voters Forum at Saint Anselm College with Gov. Romney, Gov. Benson, and Gov. Sununu
-- Drive to New York

Excerpt from Voters Forum - Vice President Giuliani: New Hampshire gave me my first win in the primaries. New Hampshire was the state that got the ball rolling, that gave me the needed momentum to win the nomination. Now I need your help once more. New Hampshire is a top tier state in our 50-State Strategy. I need you to go vote, your friends to vote, and your family to go out and vote. Without New Hampshire, our path to the White House is very narrow.

August 30th, 2004: New York
-- Attend RNC

August 31st, 2004: New York
-- Attend RNC

September 1st, 2004: New York
-- Attend RNC

September 2nd, 2004: New York
-- Attend RNC
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1060 on: June 23, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »

RNC Day 1
Theme: The Stars and Stripes

Governor Linda Lingle
Topic: Moderates are still Republicans

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Topic: Giuliani Rebuilt New York

Senator George Allen
Topic: Party Unity

Former Second Lady Lynne Cheney
Topic: Bush’s Legacy is Strong

Senator John McCain
Topic: Giuliani is the Strongest Candidate on National Security (Keynote)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1061 on: June 23, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »

Campaign Schedule of Kay Bailey Hutchison - August 29th - September 2nd, 2004

"The kind of leadership we need doesn't come from Washington. It does come from some sort of political experience, but not that kind. The kind we need is someone who has led before. Someone who can say 'I'm dealing with the reality of the situation, not the politics'. So let me just say this: Rudy Giuliani is not a man of politics, he's a man of service, and he's the kind of leader we need! Joe Biden's been stuck in Washington for more than three decades, all he knows his politics! And all of you can help me elect Giuliani President!"

August 29th, 2004:
Fundraiser in Phoenix, Arizona with Sen. John McCain
Barnstorming in Phoenix, Arizona with Sen. John McCain
Town Hall in Mesa, Arizona with Sen. John McCain
Meet and Greet in Casa Grande, Arizona with Sen. John McCain
Town Hall in Gila Bend, Arizona with Sen. John McCain
Barnstorming in Yuma, Arizona with Sen. John McCain

August 30th - September 2nd, 2004:
Attend RNC
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1062 on: June 23, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »

OOC: Can we get a tossup map for the start of this turn?

Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say state-by-state polls would be much appreciated after the final convention is over!
yes!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1063 on: June 23, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 207
(D) Joe Biden: 197
Tossup: 134

Gallup Tracking Poll: Biden +2
(D) Joe Biden: 43%
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 41%
(L) Gary Johnson: 7%

Vice Presidential Candidates Home State Polls:

Arkansas: Lincoln
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 48%
(D) Joe Biden: 43%
(L) Gary Johson: 4%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 2%

Minnesota: Ventura
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 39%
(D) Joe Biden: 39%
(L) Gary Johnson: 14%

Texas: Hutchison
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 54%
(D) Joe Biden: 36%
(L) Gary Johnson: 4%

Vermont: Sanders
(D) Joe Biden: 37%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 29%
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 20%
(L) Gary Johnson: 11%

Presidential Candidates Home State Polls:

Delaware: Biden
(D) Joe Biden: 61%
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 30%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 3%
(L) Gary Johnson: 1%

New Mexico: Johnson
(D) Joe Biden: 34%
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 32%
(L) Gary Johnson: 22%
(D) Dennis Kucinich: 6%

New York: Giuliani
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 47%
(D) Joe Biden: 45%
(L) Gary Johnson: 2.5%

Ohio: Kucinich
(D) Joe Biden: 42%
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 41%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 9%
(L) Gary Johnson: 4%
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1064 on: June 23, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »

Can you maybe implement a system by which forum members cans be Outside Spendin Groups?

I would also be interested in this. Can't let y'all go unchallenged, of course. Tongue

Bump?

Bumpity Bump?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1065 on: June 23, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »

RNC Day 2

Singer George Strait
Topic: Giuliani Represents the Average Joe

Governor Bob Taft
Topic: Republicans are Strong on Jobs

Senator Sam Brownback
Topic: Biden Has Ethical Issues

Senator Norm Coleman
Topic: Giuliani Can Represent All Americans

Second Lady Judith Giuliani
Topic: We Are A Hardworking Family

Former First Lady Nancy Reagan
Topic: Giuliani is a New Reagan
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1066 on: June 23, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »

Bump?

Bumpity Bump?

Yeah, how would you like to go about it?
Maybe three groups per candidate.
Two positive, one negative.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1067 on: June 24, 2014, 11:07:28 AM »

Bump?

Bumpity Bump?

Yeah, how would you like to go about it?
Maybe three groups per candidate.
Two positive, one negative.

Just a large and well-funded outside group to run some ads but that isn't allowed to coordinate with the candidate. Like running a PAC.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1068 on: June 24, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »

RNC Day 3

Governor Mitt Romney
Topic: The Bush Tax Cuts are Good

Former Vice President Dick Cheney
Topic: Hutchison Is More Than Able

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice
Topic: Women Are Leaders in the Republican Party

West Virginia Secretary of State Joe Manchin
Topic: Giuliani Appeals to Democrats, Too

Governor Bill Owens
Topic: A Modern Foreign Policy

Congressman Paul Ryan
Topic: Only Giuliani Has Fiscal Sense

Senator Lisa Murkowski
Topic: Introduce Kay Hutchison

Senator Kay Hutchison
Topic: Vice Presidential Acceptance Speech
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1069 on: June 24, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 02:00:01 AM by badgate »

New Biden Endorsements

Brian Schweitzer, Democratic candidate for Governor from Montana

Bill Richardson, Governor from New Mexico

Bill Gates

Oprah Winfrey

James E. Carter, former President of the United States

Senator Biden is so proud to be receiving the endorsement of Governor Bill Richardson, Brian Schweitzer, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, and former President Jimmy Carter. The campaign is also announcing that Dr. Jill Biden will be joining the Senator on the campaign trail at a few key stops this week, and next week the couple will appear together on Ms. Winfrey's highly-viewed television talk show.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1070 on: June 25, 2014, 02:52:10 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 02:57:24 AM by badgate »

Biden Campaign Schedule (Aug. 29-Sept. 2)

August 29, 2004 Ohio & West Virginia
Issues Pushed: Raise the Minimum Wage, Family Values, National Security

-11:30am - Town Hall in Marietta, w/ Rep. Strickland OH
-1:00pm - Town Hall in Parkersburg, w/ Sen. Rockefeller WV
-2:45pm - Barnstorm in Athens, w/ Rep. Strickland OH
-5:00pm - Barnstorm in Ravenswood, w/ Sen. Rockefeller Sen. Rockefeller endorses Senator Biden for President WV
-7:30pm - Rally in Charleston, w/ Sens. Kerry, Lautenberg, Specter, & Rockefeller Sen. Rockefeller endorses Senator Biden for President WV

(Local affiliates invited to every stop)

FOR MEDIA: Campaign photo from today's rally in Charleston, pictured is Senator Biden, with Sens. Kerry, Rockefeller, Specter, and Lautenberg (not pictured) look on.

August 30, 2004 New Mexico & Colorado
Issues Pushed: Family Values, Healthcare Reform, Drought

-10:00am - Meet & Greet w/ voters in Las Cruces, w/ Gov. Richardson NM
-2:15pm - Rally in Albuquerque, w/ Gov. Richardson. Gov. Bill Richardson endorses Senator Joe Biden for President NM
-3:30pm - Town Hall in Albuquerque, w/ Gov. Richardson NM
-5:45pm - Rally in Santa Fe, w/ Gov. Richardson Gov. Bill Richardson endorses Senator Joe Biden for PresidentNM
-7:00-8:10pm - Fly to Denver
-8:30pm - Town Hall for Parents in Denver, w/ Dr. Jill Biden, Mayor Hickenlooper & AG Ken Salazar CO

August 31, 2004 Nevada & Arizona
Issues Pushed: Raise the Minimum Wage, National Security, Drought

-10:45am - Meet & Greet with Hotel Services Union in Las Vegas NV
-12:30pm - Town Hall in Paradise NV
-2:00pm - Barnstorm in Boulder City NV
-3:30-4:30pm - Fly to Phoenix
-5:00-8:00pm - Barnstorm in Maricopa County (Phoenix, Paradise Valley Village, Deer Valley, North Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Avondale), w/ Gov. Janet Napolitano. Gov. Janet Napolitano endorses Senator Biden for President AZ
-8:30pm - Town Hall for Parents in Phoenix/Scottsdale area, w/ Dr. Jill Biden, Gov. Napolitano AZ

FOR MEDIA: Campaign photo of Sen. Biden & Gov. Napolitano during the endorsement event in Phoenix

September 1, 2004 Idaho, Montana, & Wyoming
Issues Pushed: Family Values, National Security

-11:00am - Town Hall in Boise, w/ Rep. Matheson & Alan Blinken ID
-12:30-1:00pm - Fly to Idaho Falls, w/ Rep. Matheson & Alan Blinken
-1:15pm - Town Hall in Idaho Falls, w/ Rep. Matheson & Alan Blinken ID
-2:45-3:30pm - Fly to Billings
-4:00pm - Rally in Billings, w/ Sen. Baucus & Gov. Candidate Brian Schweitzer D Gov. Candidate Brian Schweitzer & Sen. Max Baucus endorses Senator Biden for President MT
-5:00pm - Town Hall in Billings, w/ Sen. Baucus & Brian Schweitzer MT
-6:30-7:20pm - Fly to Casper
-7:30pm - Rally in Casper, w/ Judy Shepard & Gov. Freudenthal WY

September 2, 2004 New York, Vermont, & Maine
Issues Pushed: National Security, Raise the Minimum Wage, Healthcare Reform

-10:30am - Meet & Greet with voters in Albany NY
-11:30am - Rally in Albany NY
-2:00pm - Town Hall in Schenectady NY
-3:30-4:20pm - Fly to Burlington
-4:30pm - Rally in Burlington, w/ Sen. Leahy Sen. Patrick Leahy endorses Senator Biden for President VT
-6:00pm - Town Hall in South Burlington, w/ Sen. Leahy VT
-7:15-8:15pm - Fly to Portland
-8:45pm - Town Hall for Parents in Portland, w/ Dr. Jill Biden, Sen. Snowe ME
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1071 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:02 AM »

Ballot Access:

Republican: Rudy Giuliani (50+DC)
Democrat: Joe Biden (50+DC)
Libertarian: Gary Johnson (49+DC) (-OK/write in NH)
Green: Dennis Kucinich (30+DC)

DEMOCRATS

REPUBLICANS

LIBERTARIAN: (NH WRITE-IN)

GREEN PARTY
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1072 on: June 25, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »

RNC Day 4

Senator Rick Santorum
Topic: Protect Workers From Unions

Congresswoman Shelley Moore Capito
Topic: Clean Coal and Energy Production

Governor George Pataki
Topic: New York is Stronger because of Giuliani

General Norman Schwarzkopf
Topic: Giuliani Will Win the War on Terror

Cardinal Edward Egan
Topic: Deliver the Benediction

President George W. Bush
Topic: Introduce Rudy Giuliani

Vice President Rudy Giuliani
Topic: Presidential Acceptance Address

"Thank you! Mr. Chairman and Delegates, I proudly accept our party's nomination for President of the United States of America! Before I begin, there are some people that need to be recognized. President Bush, for leading our nation over these last four years. My wife Judith, for standing by me through everything. Senator Hutchison, for running with me. Chairman Gillespie, for organizing this great convention. And, most importantly, the American soldiers, seamen, and airmen who are overseas combating Terror and making the world a safer place for everyone.

Our nation is at a crossroads. We have a prosperous economy. We have strong relationships across the globe. Our homes and families are safe at night. America is a respected figure abroad. We are doing well, as a nation, as a society, and as a people. We must continue down this path of success and progress. There is another path. A path filled with despair and depression. A path where there are no jobs, where America is laughed at by other nations, where our children's education is of the lowest quality. I will keep America on our current path - the path of prosperity.

My life has been devoted to helping America be the best nation she can be. As an assistant Attorney General and a U.S. Attorney, I took on organized crime and made our streets safer. As Mayor of New York, I helped America stand back up after the September 11th attacks. As Vice President, I've stood up for the rights of the working man.

As President, I will continue to make America the best place to live and work. I will raise the minimum wage in a responsible fashion. I will extend the Bush Tax Cuts so that all Americans can keep more of their hard-earned money. I will fight Al Qaeda and terrorism across the globe, until all people can rest easily at night. America is the strongest nation on Earth and it is time that we step up and defend those we cannot defend themselves.

I believe in America. I believe in the stars and stripes. I believe that America is the greatest nation on earth. I believe that, in America, everyone has the chance to succeed. Regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity people have flocked to our shores for the hope of opportunity because they, too, believed in America. We must not close the door on these immigrants. My presidency will pursue serious and legitimate immigration reform so that many others who care about America, who believe in the stars and stripes, can live here, start families, and find meaningful employment.

These next few months may be rough. There will be lots of hours put into the campaign. There will be many nights were sleep is not available. But I know that we can make it through it. I know that we can win this! Thank you, God Bless you, and God Bless the United States of America!"
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1073 on: June 25, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »

The Kucinich campaign will fight for write-in status in the following states:

Ohio
New York
Texas
Georgia
Virginia
Missouri
Tennessee

Signatures are being collected across all of these states and will soon be submitted to election officials.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1074 on: June 25, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, August 29th-September 2nd, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in New York

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Fundraising in New York

Senator John McCain
Barnstorming in Arizona