Democrats take early swing at GOP's likely candidate for Governor (NV)...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:02:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats take early swing at GOP's likely candidate for Governor (NV)...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Democrats take early swing at GOP's likely candidate for Governor (NV)...  (Read 4071 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2005, 07:25:24 PM »

Yup, here's the article.

Article

While apologizing to anyone who was offended, Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman on Thursday was unapologetic about telling a fourth grade class that he would bring "a bottle of gin" to a deserted island if he had a choice.

The mayor, who was criticized for his alcohol-related responses to the kids' questions, which including saying one of his hobbies was drinking, testily told a City Hall press conference that he was "proud" he told the truth.

"I will not lie when I give an answer. I'm not going to say I'm going to bring a teddy bear to the island, or I'm going to bring the Bible to the island," the mayor said. "I'm not going to lie to anyone because that's not Oscar Goodman. But sometimes you can't tell the truth because of the people with whom you are speaking."

The mayor said he never intended to offend anyone, and because his comments offended some people he would not say them again in front of fourth graders...

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies