What would a Republican version of Alben Barkley be like?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:09:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would a Republican version of Alben Barkley be like?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would a Republican version of Alben Barkley be like?  (Read 367 times)
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2024, 10:53:31 AM »

Spiro Agnew (R)-Maryland?
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 11:20:33 AM »

Spiro Agnew
MDWildman
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

Re: Thousands of DeSantis voters Threaten Not to support Trump if he is nominated
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 01:24:14 AM »

It seems inevitable Joe Biden will win, because Trump is a DOA candidate. WTF is the Republican Party doing??? How can they see things like this and sit idly by??? How can they not send out a strong message and put out a strong candidate??? There is no strong opposition, and yes I said opposition even though Trump is technically the nominee; it still FEELS like the midterms from 2022. It frankly feels like Biden is the alpha male running the circus with complete mastery right now while Trump is just some hapless failed ringleader. He will NOT win! We NEED new blood, someone YOUNGER, to have a CHANCE! Otherwise we are DOOMED! Yes, I said it! I, an infamous bloomer from 2020, am now saying we are DOOMED if we nominate Trump. He just is not going to win. He's lost the confidence of traditional Republican voters AND he will be blown out among swing voters. He's at least as DOA as McCain was in 2008. I can't even fathom any argument to the contrary. He's done for. He needs to be ditched, and FAST!

Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 11:38:45 AM »

Spiro Agnew
MDWildman
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

Re: Thousands of DeSantis voters Threaten Not to support Trump if he is nominated
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 01:24:14 AM »

It seems inevitable Joe Biden will win, because Trump is a DOA candidate. WTF is the Republican Party doing??? How can they see things like this and sit idly by??? How can they not send out a strong message and put out a strong candidate??? There is no strong opposition, and yes I said opposition even though Trump is technically the nominee; it still FEELS like the midterms from 2022. It frankly feels like Biden is the alpha male running the circus with complete mastery right now while Trump is just some hapless failed ringleader. He will NOT win! We NEED new blood, someone YOUNGER, to have a CHANCE! Otherwise we are DOOMED! Yes, I said it! I, an infamous bloomer from 2020, am now saying we are DOOMED if we nominate Trump. He just is not going to win. He's lost the confidence of traditional Republican voters AND he will be blown out among swing voters. He's at least as DOA as McCain was in 2008. I can't even fathom any argument to the contrary. He's done for. He needs to be ditched, and FAST!

This sounds like something 2016 would write
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 12:25:19 PM »

Probably like OSR.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 01:09:08 PM »

Stephen Crowder
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 06:29:59 PM »

Takes the GOP establishment consensus position on every single issue, except he's also randomly strongly in favor of trans rights.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 11:22:20 PM »

Oldiesfreak.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 05:46:26 AM »

Takes the GOP establishment consensus position on every single issue, except he's also randomly strongly in favor of trans rights.

I could actually see that because there would be people like that who have trans family members, and that suddenly gives them empathy.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 06:39:34 AM »

I could actually see that because there would be people like that who have trans family members, and that suddenly gives them empathy.

I know trans people, including a family member, too. I have nothing against them or against trans rights in general. Literally all I have said is that I don't approve of trans women in women's sports and think we should be careful about youth transition, while generally opposing GOP attempts to ban it outright. Also that there are important distinctions between biological sex and subjective gender identity, and we shouldn't erase them completely or demonize those who point this out.

This is a totally mainstream, normie position. If it fails to conform to the "Agree with literally all of our most extreme positions or you're a bigot" philosophy, sorry not sorry.

Anyway, what about gun control? Woud this hypothetical Evil Alben Barkley not support that too?
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 11:02:29 AM »

Generic R outside of trans rights
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2024, 12:17:23 PM »

He has an R nut map for 22, there is no need for an R version
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2024, 06:56:43 PM »

I guess in 5 years we will find out.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2024, 06:04:20 PM »

I know trans people, including a family member, too. I have nothing against them or against trans rights in general. Literally all I have said is that I don't approve of trans women in women's sports and think we should be careful about youth transition, while generally opposing GOP attempts to ban it outright. Also that there are important distinctions between biological sex and subjective gender identity, and we shouldn't erase them completely or demonize those who point this out.

This is a totally mainstream, normie position. If it fails to conform to the "Agree with literally all of our most extreme positions or you're a bigot" philosophy, sorry not sorry.

Anyway, what about gun control? Woud this hypothetical Evil Alben Barkley not support that too?

Yeah, I could see him being an ancestral and extremely culturally elitist suburban Republican that supported gun control for racist reasons and was a William F Buckley acolyte.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies