CO-PPP: Gardner makes it tight (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:56:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO-PPP: Gardner makes it tight (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-PPP: Gardner makes it tight  (Read 2606 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 18, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »

Judging by how Hickenlooper is doing so much better than Udall in the same poll, I'm guessing Udall's numbers are lower because A) He's less well known (Therefore he's basically Generic D) and B) Is more tied to the national mood (And Obama).

That said, I'm still not worried. Udall is a perfect fit for Colorado and I'm confident he wins.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:37:53 PM »

Judging by how Hickenlooper is doing so much better than Udall in the same poll, I'm guessing Udall's numbers are lower because A) He's less well known (Therefore he's basically Generic D) and B) Is more tied to the national mood (And Obama).

That said, I'm still not worried. Udall is a perfect fit for Colorado and I'm confident he wins.
You mean a perfect fit for New York or some far left state.

Oh I'm sorry let me correct myself.

Udall is a perfect fit for the RELEVANT part of Colorado.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »

The big question is why this is this close at this point? Udall hasn't really done much wrong from what I've seen, and some things right (like standing against the administration on NSA stuff).

Like I said up the thread, Udall's policies aren't as publicized as Hickenlooper's. Hick might be more controversial, but that just means people know who he is and what he stands for. Also, effects from his policies are felt more immediately in Colorado. Udall, however, is less publicized and therefore less known.

Off the top of my head, the main thing that sets Udall apart from Generic Democrat in my mind is his anti-NSA stance. Like you said, this is a good policy for a Western state. However, I don't think most people in Colorado pay enough attention to know that. Right now, Udall is basically "Generic Democratic Senator" and his opponents are "Somebody Else".

Udall's best move would be to blitz the airwaves with positive bios before AFP does too much damage. Unlike Hagan in North Carolina, Udall knows who his opponent will be and should also prepare some negative ads as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies