Will WW3 happen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:32:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will WW3 happen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: With all the stuff happening over in Russia, Will WW3 happen?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Will WW3 happen?  (Read 6057 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 14, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2014, 07:41:12 PM by King »

I think we're done with political world wars.  There's too many vested global economic interests to make wars popular.  Nationalism is dead, relatively speaking.

Even if there is a war in Ukraine, I think it will be more like Korea or Vietnam, where Crimea forms a state, Russia sponsors their new military, and USA sponsors Kiev's military, and we go to war with Russia informally where everybody knows where the weapons and intelligence are coming from on both sides but the actual war is really Ukraine vs Crimea.  Still, I'm not expecting any actual conflict out of the Ukraine situation.

In my opinion, the only chance for a World War 3 anytime in the future will be under dire environmental circumstances:  A region of the world with a strong military has an Africa syndrome where a long-term drought hits or all the oil dries up in a state.  The government of that state decides the only remaining course of action to avoid national extinction is to conquer others' natural resources.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies