CO-Rasmussen: Hick with more or less comfortable leads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO-Rasmussen: Hick with more or less comfortable leads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Rasmussen: Hick with more or less comfortable leads  (Read 1749 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:19:59 AM »

Hickenlooper 44, Gessler 38

Not in the Rasmussen link, but via RCP:

Hickenlooper 46, Tancredo 37
Hickenlooper 42, Brophy 33

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2014/colorado/election_2014_colorado_governor
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:30:31 AM »

Six points and under 50 still doesn't seem that comfortable to me.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:55:56 AM »

A Republican can win against Hick, but everything will have to go right for them and wrong for Hick.

This is an early CO poll, this is Rasmussen and I heard that Gessler is very moderate.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »

Beauprez wasn't tested?...
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 01:55:14 PM »

Approval 44% -- 50% chance of winning for an incumbent. Hickenlooper has campaigned for the office and won. He must campaign to win...

I don't see the approval rating, but I'd bet on him winning re-election. 
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:14:51 PM »

I know, right?

Hick is polling in the low to mid 40s as an incumbent in a right-trending state with a rock star Republican at the top of the ticket for Senate and Hick is comfortable? Maybe as comfortable as a PETA activist at your local Outback.

Besides, Beauprez is a slight favorite to win the nomination and he was inexplicably left out of this poll.

I say Hick has whatever advantage incumbency gives you, but it isn't much.
Joshgreen
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »

I know, right?

Hick is polling in the low to mid 40s as an incumbent in a right-trending state with a rock star Republican at the top of the ticket for Senate and Hick is comfortable? Maybe as comfortable as a PETA activist at your local Outback.

Besides, Beauprez is a slight favorite to win the nomination and he was inexplicably left out of this poll.

What are you talking about?

Also, how is Cory Gardner a rock star? He's about as overrated as Ed Gillespie.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »

hi

I know, right?

Cory Gardner is a Rubioesque young face of the GOP. He is about as good as it gets for the Republican Party, and he was, in many ways, angling for this role for years.

And I suspect that Mark Udall would very much love to have Mark Warner's favotability and opponent.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 06:41:23 PM »

New Poll: Colorado Governor by Rasmussen on 2014-03-06

Summary: D: 44%, R: 38%, U: 11%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Joshgreen
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 07:56:35 PM »

hi

I know, right?

Cory Gardner is a Rubioesque young face of the GOP. He is about as good as it gets for the Republican Party, and he was, in many ways, angling for this role for years.

And I suspect that Mark Udall would very much love to have Mark Warner's favotability and opponent.

So you're admitting Gardner is a light-weight joke? Rubio isn't even that popular with Republicans, dude. How is Gardner going to win in Colorado if he can't appeal to the moderates? Hint: he can't, and he won't...
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 05:40:10 AM »

I know, right?

Huh

hi

I know, right?

He's an extremist who can't be elected without the vote on the left being split?
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 09:44:21 AM »

I know, right?

[Citation needed]
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »

I know, right?

Ok where did you hear this?  I would prefer Gardner over Beauprez, he had a terrible year in 2006, don't forget. Lost by 15 points if IIRC.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 01:15:44 AM »

I know, right?

Ok where did you hear this?  I would prefer Gardner over Beauprez, he had a terrible year in 2006, don't forget. Lost by 15 points if IIRC.

Getting your races mixed up.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »

53-45% Hickenlooper at the end. It won't be that competitive.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies