60th Senate PPT Declaration Thread (NC Yankee Elected)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:32:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  60th Senate PPT Declaration Thread (NC Yankee Elected)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 60th Senate PPT Declaration Thread (NC Yankee Elected)  (Read 913 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:50 PM »
« edited: March 20, 2014, 09:23:43 PM by VP Matt »

If you would like to declare for or nominate someone for the position of President Pro Tempore for the 60th Senate, now is your chance to so.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 05:52:47 PM »

I will seek the position of President Pro Tempore.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 08:50:11 PM »

I nominate Tyrion
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »

I nominate North Carolina Yankee.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »

I thank Senator Lumine for his gracious nomination and I do humbly accept the honor of running for President Pro-Tempore of the Atlasian Senate.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:16:54 AM »

I suppose I'll accept the nomination as well.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »

Senators, a vote for the PPT of the 60th Senate is now open.

PPT Official Ballot

[  ] NC Yankee

[  ] Tyrion

[  ] TNF

[  ] Write-In: __________

[  ] None of the above
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »

1) Tyrion
2) TNF
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »

1) Tyrion
2) TNF
3) Yankee

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »

1) Tyrion

However, if this ends up as a tie, I'll switch my vote to Yankee to keep the Senate from being held up endlessly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 05:21:46 PM »

1) North Carolina Yankee
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 05:26:55 PM »

[X] North Carolina Yankee
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 10:40:20 PM »

[X] North Carolina Yankee
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 01:24:48 AM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF
3. Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:16 AM »

PPT Official Ballot

[ 1 ] NC Yankee

[ 2 ] Tyrion

[ 3 ] TNF

[  ] Write-In: __________

[  ] None of the above
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 09:26:41 AM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF

1) Tyrion

However, if this ends up as a tie, I'll switch my vote to Yankee to keep the Senate from being held up endlessly.

Translation: I'm actually voting for Yankee Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 09:42:19 AM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF

1) Tyrion

No, what I mean is that it wouldn't be right to endlessly hold up having a PPT.  Senator Tyrion did the same thing last time.  If I was voting for Senator Yankee, I would've just voted for him rather than nominating Senator Tyrion (whom I also supported last time for PPT).  I don't see any good reason to endlessly delay this unless there is a real reason to think one of the Yankee voters might switch.  I can't imagine any Federalists doing so, Senator Lumine nominated him, and I doubt Senator Shua will change his vote.  Given that, an endless deadlock seems kinda unjustifiable. 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 09:48:33 AM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF

1) Tyrion

No, what I mean is that it wouldn't be right to endlessly hold up having a PPT.  Senator Tyrion did the same thing last time.  If I was voting for Senator Yankee, I would've just voted for him rather than nominating Senator Tyrion (whom I also supported last time for PPT).  I don't see any good reason to endlessly delay this unless there is a real reason to think one of the Yankee voters might switch.  I can't imagine any Federalists doing so, Senator Lumine nominated him, and I doubt Senator Shua will change his vote.  Given that, an endless deadlock seems kinda unjustifiable. 

Endless deadlock? I think you're looking for the word tie- something that can be broken.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 09:51:35 AM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF

1) Tyrion

Endless deadlock? I think you're looking for the word tie- something that can be broken.

And by the Vice President, no less, who seems to be in an active mood, given that he started a final vote on one of my pieces of legislation before one was called for!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF

1) Tyrion

And by the Vice President, no less, who seems to be in an active mood, given that he started a final vote on one of my pieces of legislation before one was called for!

I seem to have been misinformed, someone once told me the VP can't break PPT ties for some reason.  If he can then I won't switch my vote, my bad.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF

1) Tyrion

I seem to have been misinformed, someone once told me the VP can't break PPT ties for some reason.  If he can then I won't switch my vote, my bad.
Not an endless deadlock, but the Senate would be stalled for seven day (I believe) before the VP could break the tie.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 02:29:33 PM »

1. Tyrion
2. TNF

1) Tyrion

Not an endless deadlock, but the Senate would be stalled for seven day (I believe) before the VP could break the tie.

Well in that case, I don't see what is accomplished from wasting seven days if it comes to that.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »

Well, I broke the tie last time under the impression that Matt would not vote for me (I vaguely recall having this conversation with someone).

In any case, we can all act in good faith. Once it gets to a 5-5 tie, Matt can tell us who he would vote for at the end of the 7 day period, and one of us on either side could switch to maintain that result. That way, we don't waste time, and still respect the wishes of Matt in breaking the tie.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 06:07:45 PM »

Well, I broke the tie last time under the impression that Matt would not vote for me (I vaguely recall having this conversation with someone).

In any case, we can all act in good faith. Once it gets to a 5-5 tie, Matt can tell us who he would vote for at the end of the 7 day period, and one of us on either side could switch to maintain that result. That way, we don't waste time, and still respect the wishes of Matt in breaking the tie.

That's basically all I'm saying, sorry for any confusion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 03:00:08 AM »

The vote is about exactly half way through actually and shall conclude on Monday, at whatever time it was that Matt started (somethimg in the afternoon I think), five, not seven, days after it started.

The present result is 5 Tyrion, 4 NC Yankee with DC al Fine having yet to vote.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies