Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:41:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560936 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« on: May 16, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »

Social issues: I am a social libertarian, except that I oppose legalizing prostitution in most circumstances, support criminalizing abortion after the fetus becomes viable, support restricting what offensive content can be said and shown on television and radio to after a certain time (when most children go to bed), support government funding for religious charitable organizations (as long as they don't use that funding to promote their religion), support hate-crime legislation, and support commonsense gun control measures. Otherwise, I support same-sex marriage and adoption, oppose capital punishment, oppose the PATRIOT Act, support ending the 'war on drugs', support comprehensive immigration reform, and support drastically reforming the immigration system.

Economic issues: On economic issues, I'm more moderate. I believe that the government should protect consumers and workers, including the right to collectively bargain, should provide basic needs for its citizens, and should implement strict antitrust legislation, in order to prevent monopolization and promote competition. I also support limiting the influence of money in politics, and strongly oppose implementing a flat tax or a fair tax, because doing so would place an undo burden of taxation upon those who can least afford it. However, I support free trade with most countries, support returning control of the education system to local communities and away from teachers unions, and support abolishing tax breaks and subsidies to special interest groups, including oil companies and farmers.

Foreign-policy issues: I'm progressive on foreign policy. I oppose the war in Iraq, support the creation of a Palestinian state, and believe that the United States should not act unilaterally in military intervention, unless we were attacked first. However, I do not oppose military intervention in order to promote humanitarian goals. I also believe that the focus of foreign economic assistance should be shifted away from foreign governments and toward directly aiding citizens and communities.     
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »

Social issues: I am a social libertarian, except that I oppose legalizing prostitution in most circumstances, support criminalizing abortion after the fetus becomes viable, support restricting what offensive content can be said and shown on television and radio to after a certain time (when most children go to bed), support government funding for religious charitable organizations (as long as they don't use that funding to promote their religion), support hate-crime legislation, and support commonsense gun control measures. Otherwise, I support same-sex marriage and adoption, oppose capital punishment, oppose the PATRIOT Act, support ending the 'war on drugs', support comprehensive immigration reform, and support drastically reforming the immigration system.

Economic issues: On economic issues, I'm more moderate. I believe that the government should protect consumers and workers, including the right to collectively bargain, should provide basic needs for its citizens, and should implement strict antitrust legislation, in order to prevent monopolization and promote competition. I also support limiting the influence of money in politics, and strongly oppose implementing a flat tax or a fair tax, because doing so would place an undo burden of taxation upon those who can least afford it. However, I support free trade with most countries, support returning control of the education system to local communities and away from teachers unions, and support abolishing tax breaks and subsidies to special interest groups, including oil companies and farmers.

Foreign-policy issues: I'm progressive on foreign policy. I oppose the war in Iraq, support the creation of a Palestinian state, and believe that the United States should not act unilaterally in military intervention, unless we were attacked first. However, I do not oppose military intervention in order to promote humanitarian goals. I also believe that the focus of foreign economic assistance should be shifted away from foreign governments and toward directly aiding citizens and communities.     

There's a place for you in the Democratic Party. Take it or leave it. Offer's on the table.

Though what do you mean "oppose prostitution in most circumstances" when its already a zero-tolerrance issue. Maybe you just think that things should be kept the same, but we should leave kids alone who finds a stripper who thinks he's "kinda cute" in the club and ends up having sex with him in the champagne room?
What I mean is, I generally oppose legalizing prostitution because I'm wary of the potential of impoverished women becoming prostitutes because they have no other choice. However, I would support legalizing prostitution under two circumstances: 1) poverty has been sufficiently reduced so that the chance of the above scenario occurring is extremely low, or 2) criminalization has obviously failed, so the only way to prevent further abuse is to legalize and regulate it. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies