Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:00:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 557798 times)
HST1948

« on: February 28, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »

Economics:

Welfare: Government subsidies to the unemployed should focus more on in-kind benefits that can only be used for specific designated purposes. Conditions of welfare should include the recipients to find a job or begin some sort of education program with in a set time of receiving their first welfare payment. Education and job placement should be the main focus of welfare programs.

Education: Teachers should awarded based on performance, which should be measured based on a combination of teachers evaluations and student test scores. Should should not be funded primarily on property tax because puts children in poor neighborhoods at a systemic disadvantage. In addition school voucher should be an option presented to parents in failing school districts.

Health care: I support a universal health care system, however I recognize that a true universal system is unattainable in the short term.  Medicare and Medicaid Programs should be made secondary insurance (instead of the current system where medicare/medicaid money is used first and remaining costs are covered by other methods) for anyone who already has insurance.  Doing this saves government money and doesn't change the quality of care for anyone.

Trade/Outsourcing: Support fair trade

Economy:
Support the government bail-out of the auto-industry.
Support lowering the corporate tax rate while closing loopholes
Support financial regulation of wall street, without crippling it

Energy
Support investing more in offshore drilling
Support investing in nuclear drilling
Support Keystone Pipeline
Support giving initiatives to companies that use alternative fuel sources.
Long term goal is to be energy independent

Wages: The minimum wage should be high enough that if a person works full time they should be able to afford the costs of living like rent, day care, and food.

Social:

Gay rights: I'm gay, so I don't think I really need to explain this one.

Abortion: I support abortion up to week 24 for any reason. Beyond that I think abortion should be restrained to health of the mother, rape, incest and other extenuating situations.

Crime:Support the death penalty only in cases with extenuating factors and aggregating factors.

Drugs: Oppose 'war on drugs' and support the decriminalization of marijuana.

Prostitution: Support the legalization and regulation of prostitution.

Guns: Support the right to own guns in the home, but not the right to bear in public.  Support rifle rights for hunting purposes.

Immigration: Support the dream act, support revamping the immigration system to make legal immigration easier.  Oppose illegal immigration.

Euthanasia: Support with proper regulatory and consent mechanisms in place.

Foreign Policy/ Military:
Support wars directly involved in the defense of the United States and operations involved in supporting human rights.

Support a separate Palestinian state.

Oppose the Cuban trade embargo.

Support training a smaller more specialized and modern military.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies