Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:49:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 558011 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 12, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »
« edited: September 12, 2009, 05:16:03 PM by NiK »

Civil Liberties:

Constitutional Ban on Flag Desecration: Do not support. If someone wants to burn the American flag, who is the US government to stop them?

Assault Weapons Ban: Neutral, I believe that someone should be able to own a firearm, but it should be regulated using background checks.

Legalization of Drugs: Support, tax and regulate narcotic trafficking. End the war on drugs, but discourage students from using drugs.

Mandatory Pledge of Allegiance: Support, for cultural reasons. I think all students from K-12 should learn and recite the Pledge of Allegiance once a day in class. If a parent does not want this for their child, they may request not to have their child participate.

Warrantless Wiretapping: An attack on our freedom and liberty. I oppose wholeheartedly.

Legalized Abortion: Support a woman's right to choose, It's between a woman and her doctor.

Courts and Legal Systems:

Capital Punishment: Do not support. "An eye for an eye" was an evil code. Plus it cost more to have them dead then alive, so incarceration is better.

Expanding the Prosecutable List of Hate Crimes: Why not? As long as a hate crime isn't defined as speaking out against some one, (i.e. Mormons vs. Gays) i'm fine with expanding coverage.

Domestic Policy:

Citizenship for illegal immigrants and the border fence: I do not to adovcate sending them back for risking their life to come here in search of opportunity. That would be cruel. I support ccitizenship. I'd encourage a one-language policy, by teaching immigrants and illegal immigrants how to speak English. I do however, support the border fence, because I think that we need it for protection against terrorism, the drug cartels and population stability.

Outsourcing and Manufacturing: Depends, I am not very clear on the issue. I support businesses that want to grow and thrive with free trade, but I want to protect American workers. I want the USA to start manufacturing more, I'm sick of seeing "Made in China."

Affirmative Action: State-sponsored Racism. Oppose.

Cloning: No. Just No. "You don't mess with mother nature." -70s Era Birth Control Ad.

Prostitution: Leave it up to the states, if legalized, tax it.

Seperation of Church and State: Strongly support.

Assisted Suicide: Oppose

Gay Marriage: I support civil unions, but not Gay Marriage. I grew up around a family with gay friends, and they are great people.

Gambling legalization: Support, and heavily tax this business. If people want to throw away their money, who are we to stop them?

Economic Policy:

Free Trade: Support in most cases, especially with our allies. It's good for commerce and trade. However I do oppose it in some cases, and I do not think we should rush into Neoliberal heaven and a global state. It will happen when it happens.

Minimum Wage: Depends on the economic situation.

Government Spending and the Deficit: After the War in Afghanistan is over, cut military spending by 5%-10%, and focus more on new sciences and infrastructure. I'd recommend a project that is a completed bullet train running all across the country. Cut spending in other departments, as well. Pay back China, although I don't think we will ever be able to pay them back completely as I believe they will collapse and decentralize.

Taxes: I support lower taxes.

Social Security Reform: Privatize.

Space Program: I support President Bush's plan to land on Mars in the 2030s, and although President Obama will scale back the return to the Moon five years, I do not mind much.

Environment: Support Green technology and getting the USA off foreign oil.

Foreign Policy:

Iran: Sanctions, due whatever it takes to stop them from getting nuclear weapons. If they attack Israel, attack Iran. If Israel attacks first, let the Israelis deal with it and don't get involved. A theocracy with nuclear weapons: not safe.

Israel/Palestine: Support two-state solution.

North Korea: Strike a deal to allow them to keep their nuclear weapons, as long as they do not start lobbing it over South Korea and the Japan. Avoid antagonizing them. Eventually it will unite with South Korea, and the communist state will collapse.

United Nations: An awful organization, needs reforms, but do not leave.

Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:15:10 PM »

Excellent views on some things, hash. Why did I always consider you a leftist?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »

Centrist isn't a viable option for foreign policy, hash

Then find a word to describe somebody who isn't an isolationist nor an interventionist.

Internationalist?

Perhaps Sepratistism? Do you support an active role in foriegn affairs, but no military alliances?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »

Going on strike and demonstrating peacefully won't do anything.

Worked for Gandhi and MLK.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 07:40:52 PM »

Going on strike and demonstrating peacefully won't do anything.

Worked for Gandhi and MLK.

And guess how many people it didn't work for?

I'm not, I know it didn't. It was merely an snipet.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »

Gerald Ford 76, why are you a Republican?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »

I possess a gun. Should I get the death penalty?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies