Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:52:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560971 times)
Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand.
HoffmanJohn
United States

« on: June 15, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »

And how do you measure conservatism and liberalism? Obviously I come off as a right wing extremist in my words, but in my policies and writing I'm alot more in the middle. I try not to go by words because sometimes words are big and hard to understand.

depends on wether or not you wish government to enact new legislation in order to address the moral claims of society. For example conservatives normally oppose gay marriage and want government to stay out of the issue, and thus they want a social system that preserves the older moral claims.
HoffmanJohn
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:58:03 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2010, 06:30:55 PM by Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand. »

General philosophy: Liberal

Abortion: Supportive because it is scientifically proven that particular functions to support human life do not occur until after the 5th month.

Separation of Church and State: Political candidates should not be allowed to expressed their
religious views, but more importantly churches should be taxed.

Marriage: anyone no matter what gender or sexual preference should be allowed to mary.

Affirmative Action: Support because companies should voluntary hire quallified minorities while conducting searches done in good faith. every company has to have an ethical code of conduct, and thus every company should also wrote their own affirmative action policy as well.

Gun Control: gotta have a permit, and must meet soft standards to own a gun.

Death Penalty Immoral and violates basic modern ethical principles,but should be allowed on an international level.

Smoking can be done on your own personal property.

Embryonic Stem Cell Research support.

USA PATRIOT Act Support various provisions in the law,but I disagree with the more contraversial aspects of the bill.
[
b]Immigration[/b] open borders.

Taxes current system is too low, and I think we should enter a multilateral agreement with canada ,and mexico in order to establish a tobin-tax. re-enstate the estate tax.

Spending Spend to increase demand, and therfore bring in more tax revenues.

Health care Public option

trade Supportive of free trade, and low tariffs. Wouldn't mind the establishment of a tobin tax,but it must be done on a multilateral level in order to work.

foreign policy Seems like obama is doing pretty good, and i agree with his flexible doctrine up to now.

Economic issues: Tobin Tax system to prevent potential future bailout of third world countries like mexico, breaking up the banks isn't going to do anything unless we institute structural reforms. Strengthen anti-trust laws, and reverse many of the deregulation, and funding cuts that have been going on since the end of carter's first term.

poverty: We are the richest nation in the world, and the biggest economy....we should spend trillions on the poor. The wealthy can go cry about it after the problem is eliminated.

HoffmanJohn
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:01:38 AM »

Make love not war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies