Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:56:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 561920 times)
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« on: July 22, 2009, 12:38:12 AM »

Social ideology:  Conservative

Abortion:  Illegal except in the case of rape or incest

Affirmative action:  Get rid of it.  Having an equal number of black and white people doesn't get jobs done.

Death penalty:  Strongly support

Gun control:  Pro-second amendment

Flag burning:  It's more of a personal and ethical thing.  Personally, I think if you're willing to light a match and set the American flag, you have got serious problems.  Personally, if you're willing to do that, you should obviously go to another country because you don't like it here.  It's just a common sense factor.

Gay marriage:  Should be abolished.  Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Immigration:  I don't care if someone wants to move here from Asia or wherever.

Illegal Immigration:  Absolutely oppose.  The word "Illegal" is there for a reason.  And I oppose amnesty for illegals already here.

Drugs:  Should stay illegal.  They are illegal for a reason, you know.

Taxes:  Flat tax.  Only fair.

Welfare:  Get rid of it.  Its people are only bringing the entire country down with them.  Or at least modify it to where only people who are truly trying to look for jobs can use it.  It's become ridiculous nowadays.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »

Racism?  He took that quote from my drugs stance, if you had actually read it.  I must be some Bible-thumping, minority-hating, reactionary, white southerner in your eyes huh?  The reason why "illegal" drugs are "illegal" is because of people's safety.  I think the safety of the American people is more important than making a few bucks off of Mary J.  But obviously other people don't share that thought.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
« Edited: February 29, 2012, 02:27:34 AM by FloridaRepublican »

Overall Philosophy: I am a very conservative traditionalist to the point of reactionary.

Social:

Abortion: 100% pro-life in all cases. Should not be nearly as accessible or accepted as it is nowadays. However, there's no way of preventing back-alley coat-hangers. If people really want to do something illegal, a law won't hinder them.
Affirmative Action: Strongly oppose. It's counterproductive, and it's reverse discrimination in the guise of "equality."
Gay marriage/rights, etc.Sad 100% oppose all legal recognition of any relationship other than that of one man and one woman.
"Separation of church and state"Sad Mentioned nowhere in the constitution and has nothing to do with the religion clause in the 1st Amendment. Should not even be an issue.
Death penalty: Support for murder, rape, and treason. Not just from a retribution stance, but it's also a preventative measure to stop the person from committing the same crime again anywhere else.
2nd Amendment: 100% support with as little restrictions as possible.
Drugs: If they get legalized, yay. If they stay the way they are, yay. Don't care.
Euthanasia: I personally oppose it, but it's of low priority to me. Should be a states' rights issue.
Electoral College: I'm one of the very few people who strongly supports the Electoral College.
Immigration: 100% support LEGAL immigration. All governments need to make it a point to deport any and every person here illegally. It's called illegal immigration for a reason. 100% support Arizona's SB1070.

Economic:

Obamacare: I bet you can guess by now. Completely oppose.
Welfare: Very glad Welfare Reform was passed in the 90s. The original intent of welfare has been completely swept under the rug. Now there's almost no incentive to better oneself, especially in the lower class.
Education: Actually pretty liberal on this issue (I think this is liberal). It's completely ridiculous and unfair to even suggest merit-based pay. They should be paid based on how well they teach, not based on what the kids have or haven't learned. Some kids just refuse to learn or see it as pointless. (See Welfare)
Minimum wage: Let the states decide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies