Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 557713 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: July 14, 2009, 01:29:08 PM »

Why? Anarchism and (small-scale, local, and voluntary) communism are imminently compatible: the word "libertarianism" originally applied to people who today are considered syndicalists and Left Communists. I'm personally an anarcho-capitalist with distributivist tendencies, but I have no problem at all with the idea of anarchic communes.
You an anarcho-capitalist? Haha, that's a good one, Einzige.

It's funny the things you people try to call yourselves these days now that "neocon" is a dirty word.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »

As I've done a lot of rethinking of my views the past few days, I figured I'd update this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Crossed out means I no longer believe that, bold things are new.

So you are done claiming to be a libertarian, right?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »

Vepres, you really need to make your mind up what you are here.

This is probably the only time we'll agree on something.

You mean apart from gay marriage? And abortion?

You support state recognition of marriage and government fundings for abortion?

Our PRINCIPLES are the same. Maybe not our method.

You can't have the same principles as someone who lacks them altogether.

Indeed, the individual in question acts only out of an instinctive self-interest, not due to possessing anything resembling principles.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 04:21:09 PM »

Keynesian economics are useful in times of extraordinary crisis. Generally, the only two instances I would have supported stimulus are the 1929 and 2008 crashes, respectively. I would not have supported stimulus in, say, 2003 or 1982 (though Reagan's tax cuts were in and of themselves a good thing).

It either works or it doesn't. Either you want a robust public sector to weather the economy, or you don't because you find that counterproductive. I may totally disagree with people like beet, lief, jfern, marokai, etc. on this matter but at least they hold consistent views in regards to what sort of economic model they want.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ok.. why?

I've already stated before why I think a complete collapse is inevitable - quadrillion derivatives market going bust (not just real estate), open talk of the dollar being dropped as a reserve currency by OPEC and brazil/russia/china/etc., zombie banks being allowed to grow thanks to the bail outs, etc. but I'd like to see your reasoning here.

Still waiting for a response I see.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »

Well, I don't mind if Vepres takes his time here. Normally I never question peoples views given what this thread is but I'm honestly sort of confused.

Indeed, aren't we all?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 04:53:28 AM »

Abortion: Staunchly pro-life. Abortion is murder. Exception granted to save the life of the mother.

War: Opposed to all war except in self-defense against imminent attack or invasion. Oppose both Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Taxes: Abolish income taxes. Replace as much taxation as possible with voluntary user contributions.

Spending: Spend on nothing except to provide essential services to society. No spending to interfere with the economy as with bailouts or subsidies. Abolish nearly all government agencies and departments.

Healthcare: Go for all-or-nothing approach to healthcare. No half-assed corporatist schemes like Obamacare.

Gun control: Opposed completely. No restrictions whatsoever on concealed carry. Vermont is a good model for other states to follow.

Death Penalty: Opposed, though it is not on the same plane as abortion, which is far worse.

War on Drugs: The government has no right to dictate to anyone what they may choose to consume that would affect only their own body. End the war on drugs. Also abolish all restrictions on alcohol and tobacco, such as age limits.

PATRIOT Act/Homeland Security: Repeal it completely. Abolish the FBI, CIA, BATF and DHS.

Foreign Policy: Non-interventionism.

Palestine: Free Palestine from Zionist occupation. End all aid to the state of "Israel".
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:28 AM »

Abortion: Staunchly pro-life. Abortion is murder. Exception granted to save the life of the mother.

War: Opposed to all war except in self-defense against imminent attack or invasion. Oppose both Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Taxes: Abolish income taxes. Replace as much taxation as possible with voluntary user contributions.

Spending: Spend on nothing except to provide essential services to society. No spending to interfere with the economy as with bailouts or subsidies. Abolish nearly all government agencies and departments.

Healthcare: Go for all-or-nothing approach to healthcare. No half-assed corporatist schemes like Obamacare.

Gun control: Opposed completely. No restrictions whatsoever on concealed carry. Vermont is a good model for other states to follow.

Death Penalty: Opposed, though it is not on the same plane as abortion, which is far worse.

War on Drugs: The government has no right to dictate to anyone what they may choose to consume that would affect only their own body. End the war on drugs. Also abolish all restrictions on alcohol and tobacco, such as age limits.

PATRIOT Act/Homeland Security: Repeal it completely. Abolish the FBI, CIA, BATF and DHS.

Palestine: Free Palestine from Zionist occupation. End all aid to the state of "Israel".

Not too bad. You need to drop the pro-life stuff and the generic anti-Israel stuff though.

No, I maintain consistency in my views. I think you need to drop the pro-death and pro-imperialism stuff. Wink
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »

Not too bad. You need to drop the pro-life stuff and the generic anti-Israel stuff though.

No, I maintain consistency in my views. I think you need to drop the pro-death and pro-imperialism stuff. Wink

I'm sorry Libertas (and I really want to start a clean slate this time, really I do) but how does wanting to free Palestine work with your supposedly "non-interventionist" foreign policy?
It is called "non-interventionist" for a reason.

How does Palestine being free from occupation conflict with a non-interventionist U.S. foreign policy? Huh
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »

I'm sorry Libertas (and I really want to start a clean slate this time, really I do) but how does wanting to free Palestine work with your supposedly "non-interventionist" foreign policy?

How does Palestine being free from occupation conflict with a non-interventionist U.S. foreign policy? Huh

The point of a "non-interventionist" foreign policy is that we don't intervene, that is why it is called the non-interventionist policy. Assisting Palestine would be interventionist (just like we do with Israel), pulling all funding to the Middle East and favoring neither Palestine or Israel is non-interventionist.
Favoring one side (with actual aid) in a conflict that doesn't involve us is not non-interventionist.
So both you and Winston are wrong.

Eh, what? Show me where I said anything about intervening in any other country's affairs.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »

The point of a "non-interventionist" foreign policy is that we don't intervene, that is why it is called the non-interventionist policy. Assisting Palestine would be interventionist (just like we do with Israel), pulling all funding to the Middle East and favoring neither Palestine or Israel is non-interventionist.
Favoring one side (with actual aid) in a conflict that doesn't involve us is not non-interventionist.
So both you and Winston are wrong.

Eh, what? Show me where I said anything about intervening in any other country's affairs.

"Free Palestine from Zionist occupation"?
Needs more clarification, more sauce. To me it sounded like you were saying WE should FREE Palestine.
If you're saying that Palestine needs to be freed from unjust rule (not by us), then disregard this.

I didn't say the U.S. should do anything, I just said "Free Palestine".
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »

Death penalty for gun ownership? lol
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 11:47:23 PM »

Rockingham and Derek should both take the Political Matrix test. I think it would be interesting.

What would you predict their scores to be?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 07:37:03 PM »

Is Einzige back again?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies