Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:13:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560547 times)
tallguy23
United States

« on: June 09, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »

Social Issues

Abortion: Legalized in the first two trimesters, ban partial-birth abortion
Separation of church and state: Could care less about this issue. If you wanna worship go ahead, if you don't then don't. This is America and we are a free country of choice. Having said that I don't support prayer in public school classrooms. If you wanna do it in a student group then go right ahead.
Gay marriage: Fully support it
Affirmative action: Good intentions, but it's simply reverse racism.
Gun control: Americans have a right to bear arms but there should be background checks and licensing
Death penalty: Support it 100%
Flag burning: I would personally never do it, but it is free speech.
Euthanasia: Very complicated subject but I suppose I'm more of a libertarian on the issue
Prostitution: It's going to happen anyways, why not regulate it and ensure proper health standards.
Immigration: I support legal immigration 100%. Stronger border enforcement and crack down on employers hiring illegal immigrants.

Economic Issues

Taxes: I support a free market but the rich do have to pay their fair share. It's unfair that someone like John Kerry only pays about 12% because of all his deductions.
Trade: I believe free trade grows our economy but we should protect some of our jobs here
Spending: Gov't. should spend only what is absolutely necessary and should work to reduce the debt.
Welfare: I agree with a temporary safety net and welfare-to-work
Education: Support universal education, but I also believe that school choice is important. Support financial aid for college.
Regulations: Don't regulate excessively, but make sure that common sense measures are taken to avoid another collapse.
Health Care: Support health care for all

Foreign Policy

Military Involvement: Maintain a strong military but use it wisely
United Nations: Does not work as we planned, but there is no use pulling out now
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 02:16:41 AM »

https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=68.9&d=57.4&g=65.4&s=75.6

Social Liberalism
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies