Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:16:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560319 times)
bigic
Serbia and Montenegro

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: -7.30

« on: September 27, 2018, 07:24:18 AM »
« edited: September 27, 2018, 07:57:01 AM by bigic 🌐 »

Foreign Policy: I'm for an internationalist and globalist foreign policy based on democratic and liberal values. Support most forms of political co-operation between the states, such as the EU. If for example Ukraine wants to join NATO, it should be able to join. Not a fan of offensive wars, but they have their place.
Drugs: Legalize marijuana and other "soft" drugs, decriminalize other drugs as a start. I'd like all drugs being legal, but I'm sceptical about that.
Abortion: Pro-choice. Against banning abortion, including late-term abortion.
LGBT: Full legal equality with heterosexuals and other sexual orientations. For marriage, adoption and other rights.
Gun control: Against. Gun control is paternalism.
Welfare/Retirement: The welfare system should be more cash based - replace food stamps, social housing etc. with cash transfers. Curious about NIT/UBI. I also think that welfare spending should be somewhat reduced. Reduce the retirement system so that it provides just a minimal amount to keep old people from being poor and promote private retirement insurance.
Free Trade: For abolition of all tariffs and for multi-lateral trade agreements to eliminate (or at least reduce) non-tariff barriers. Trade should be as free as possible.
Education: For school vouchers and more private schools.
Taxes: Curious about LVT, I think it's a good replacement to property taxes as it doesn't disincentive development as much. Shift tax burden from income taxes to consumption taxes and reduce overall taxation and spending.
Minimum Wage: Against minimum wage, as it reduces employment.
Privatization: Privatize everything except maybe natural monopolies.
Regulation: Almost always for deregulation. Particularly opposed to zoning, occupational licensing, taxi and anti-Uber regulations...
Prostitution: Should be completely legal.
Immigration: Against any immigration restrictions.
Separation of Church and State: The state should be neutral to all beliefs and non-beliefs. Against restriction of religious freedom and against promotion of religion by the state and religious symbols in state institutions.
Environment: For market-based solutions such as carbon tax or cap-and-trade.
Euthanasia: For legalizing euthanasia, as long as it's done with appropriate consent
Healthcare: For a market-based multipayer system of universal healthcare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies