Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:11:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560756 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: August 11, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »

Overall Beliefs: Hardcore Conservative

Seperation of Church and State: While the federal government shouldn't support one religion in particular, activist judges shouldn't be able to rid society of religion (ex. nativity scenes, 10 commandment postings)

Freedom of Speech: While people have a free speech rights, things such as flag burning that so disrespect for the country on a whole should not be allowed.  Any speech that poses an imminent threat (death threats, flag burning) should not be allowed.

Abortion: Do people not realize that the fetus will grow into a person?  Adoption is the option, not murder.  Doctors and patients who conspire on abortions should be charged w/felony convictions

Affirmative Action: Why should this generation suffer for something another generation did?  The most qualified people deserve what they get, you shouldn't get an advantage b/c of race, when it boils down to it its racism.

Guns: Guns don't kill people, abortion clinics do!  Every America deserves the right to own a gun if they don't have a prior felony.  The bad guys are gonna get the guns, shouldn't the good guys stand a fighting chance?  And hunting controls overpopulation which will lead to more problems.

Gay Marriage: Absolutley NO!  Marriage has been between a man and woman since the beginning of time.  The point is stopping gay marriage is not as much that's it gay marriage, it's that it opens the door to polygamy and people marrying animals.  Marriage is fine as it is now and should not be changed because of radical judges.  America must keep some morals.

Euthanasia: Again, MURDER.  Only God can decide when life should begin and end, doctors should stop playing God.

Capital Punishment: Support, you might say I'm hypocritical, but it is killing an evil human, not an innocent child or sickly person.

Economic

General: Conservative

Employers and Employees: Same as affirmative action, hire the most qualified person, not by skin color or gender, again racism

Taxiation: Breaks for all people, no one should be paying more so that people, like illegal immigrants with legal relatives can live off you.  Why should I pay because people mess up their lives, did I mess it up?  And how do you expect those people to get jobs if employers are paying such high taxes?  Give the employers more money they can give more jobs and money to the poor.

Spending: Cut spending, completly delete the welfare system and abolish teacher's unions.  Pay them for what they work, half the year, not full year salaries because the union bosses told you to.

Unions:  The most harmful thing to America other than the ACLU

Free Trade:  Allow it

Space: Don't we have enough problems on Earth?

Foreign Policy

Overall: Hawk

Iraq: Stay the course and make sure at the end of the day Democracy reigns in the middle east

I'm going to add some more, people can add these to their beliefs:

Energy: We need to develop alternative fuels, but for the meantime we need to drill in ANWR

Health Care:  I shouldn't be the people's responsibility to pay for other's people's health insurance.

Immigration:  Border fence, mass deportation of illegals and felony convictions for hiring them

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:00:24 PM »

According to Jon Corzine the drinking age already is 18! Smiley

Moderator: Should the drinking age be lower to 18?

Corzine: Isn't it already?

Forrester: No, no, actually its not, you really should check that

LOL
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:19:06 AM »

Social Issues:

General Philosophy: Conservative Libertarian

Abortion: I'm am 100% pro-life with no exceptions.  I fail to see how the life of the mother is more important than that of the child, and times when they are both destin to die is amazingly slim and therefore we cannot have exceptions that lead to loopholes of other abortions being performed.

Gay Rights: An interesting way of phrasing it as I believe gays should have rights, however, these rights should be extended to the point of marriage or civil unions.  Well I hate the intervention of the federal government, if one state legalizes it, everyone will go there to get married and move back as appears to be happening.

Separation of Church and State: Not a federal issue but I fail to see why the state should not be able to do things like put up a Christmas or a school cannot sing Christmas carols.

Affirmative Action: I oppose in all circumstances

Gun Control: I oppose in all circumstances and wish to abolish any current restrictions to buying guns.  However, I am in favor of registering guns but at the state, not federal level.

Death Penalty: I oppose in all circumstances

Censorship: I oppose for the most part, however, it is it vital to censor some things such as classified government information from leaking

Flag burning: I oppose in all circumstances and suppport a constitutional amendment

Hate crimes: I oppose in all circumstances and will fight hard to keep sexual orientation off the list.  Something such as race cannot at least be seen by the attacker, but if the attacker does not know your gay and then they get charged with beating up a gay person that is not right.  Being gay or black should not make you more of a victim.

Hate speech: I support it, however, I strongly detest people speaking out against America

Smoking: I oppose smoking in public places

Alcohol consumption: I support a complete repeal of alcohol laws

Euthanasia: Oppose as part of my pro-life ideals

Drugs: Legalize all of them now and heavily tax them!

Gambling: Legalize everywhere

Prostitution: I support a policy of ignoring it but not condoning it

Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Oppose embryonic support the proven adult stem cells research

Immigration: Heavily oppose illegal immigration and I want to require knowing English as a requirment for applying for anything that could lead to citizenship.  However, I support letting illegals already here to join the army to become citizens.

Environment: I flat out do not care about the environment at all and will not buy into man-made global warming unless someone proves the existence of martians

Patriot Act: Neutral, however, I realize it has done a lot of good like stopping the Brooklyn Bridge plot

Economic Issues

General Philosophy: Far-Right

Taxes: I support shutting down the IRS immediatley and replacing our current system with a Fair or Flat Tax system.  I would also cut massive amount of programs to account for these cuts.

Unions: I do not support a unions right to exist and hope that an employer fires any union employee who goes on strike

Free trade: I support free trade in all forms and wish to lift embargos on other countries

Spending: Massively reduce spending by eliminating programs that provide aid and other things that are not necessary for our country functioning.

Social Security: Complete privitization

Space Program: Keep at current levels

Welfare: Eliminate it all, no questions asked

Health-care: Not only stop the expansion to UHC, eliminate Medicaid and require that you must be a legal US resident to receive care at a hospital.  Also, make free hospital care for emergencies only, although I'm not really sure how to enforce that.  Also, create AHPs

Education: Cut education funding drastically and consolidate the number of schools and school positions.  For example, Moonachie, NJ has one K-8 school with a principal (they go to another town for HS) and they also have a superintendent making $120,000+.  This and many other positions are useless.  I support putting a cap on when teachers must retire to say districts money.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »

Just for fun, thing we have in common:

Affirmative Action: oppose
Gun Control: oppose
Death Penalty: abolitionist
Censorship: oppose
Hate crimes: oppose
Hate speech: support the right
Alcohol consumption: support the right (drinking age at 21 is a hilarious joke)
Drugs: support legal pot; oppose jail time for users of drugs; oppose six taxes
Gambling: support the right

And of course, the big one:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 07:48:56 AM »

Unintentionally one year later, let's see what's changed:

Prostitution: I support a policy of ignoring it but not condoning it turning into a legitimate business and collecting taxing off it

Patriot Act: Neutral, however, I realize it has done a lot of good like stopping the Brooklyn Bridge plotOppose, it has vastly overstayed its welcome and strayed from its intended purpose

Taxes: I support shutting down the IRS immediatley and replacing our current system with a Fair orFlat Tax system.  I would also cut massive amount of programs to account for these cuts.  (Fair Tax=bad idea)

Space Program: Keep at current levelsScale back heavily to the point of almost elimination

Not as much as I thought, although my stance on gay marriage is a tad different too, but the idea stays the same
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 09:00:12 AM »

I must add a new one I thought of:

Legalize marijuana and other drugs.  Set high taxes similar to cigarettes, and after one year total the tax money.  Then use some kind of mathematical formula to determine how much money that is in gas taxes, and cut gas tax by that amount.  Legalize pot, save money on gas!  Who would have thought?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 10:40:16 PM »

Changes from July 2007:

Gay Rights: An interesting way of phrasing it as I believe gays should have rights, however, these rights should be extended to the point of marriage or civil unions.  Well I hate the intervention of the federal government, if one state legalizes it, everyone will go there to get married and move back as appears to be happening. Lukewarm support for civil unions and opposed to national ban

Flag burning: I oppose in all circumstances and suppport a constitutional amendment undecided on constitutional amendment

Patriot Act: Neutral, however, I realize it has done a lot of good like stopping the Brooklyn Bridge plot Its overstayed its welcome, strongly opposed[/b]

Taxes: I support shutting down the IRS immediatley and replacing our current system with a Fair or Flat Tax system.  I would also cut massive amount of programs to account for these cuts. Would not support a Fair Tax

Space Program: Keep at current levels Drastic cuts
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies