Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560100 times)
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« on: November 10, 2020, 05:02:06 AM »
« edited: November 10, 2020, 05:11:06 AM by alancia »

Using an edited version of Andriy's. Last time I did this was... 2019? Or even 2018. So def some stuff changed.

Ideology
Social: Moderate-ish?
Economic: Pragmatic.
Foreign Policy: Non-interventionist.

Social Policy
Abortion: I think I'll leave what Andriy put, since this is what I believe pretty much: Pro-life, but abortions can be allowed in cases of rape, incest and when mother's life in danger. This is the issue I have changed the least overall.

Same-Sex Marriage: Support.

Drugs: Opposed to most drugs, but cannabis for personal and medicinal use are okay.

Death Penalty: Opposed.

Gun Control: Current legislation in Argentina I think is okay, but its impossible to enforce; that's more of a failure of the state in guaranteeing safety though.

Affirmative Action: Neutral, really. I need to look at it more deeply.

Prostitution: Legal, but no organized activity.

Euthanasia: Support only if its clear that not euthanizing would lead to more suffering than not.

Immigration: Open to legal, regularized immigration.

Police Issues/Black Lives Matter: I think its clear that black people have been historically disadvantaged in the US, so the protests to recognize this reality are well. However, I also think its clear that actions such as riots and extreme rhetoric and other such stuff are counter-productive.

Free Speech/Political Correctness: Support free speech for everyone. If I support the action of banning someone for what they say or think, someday that will be turned against me instead.

Surveillance: Strongly oppose. One of my biggest fears is increased control and surveillance by the government on people's activities.

Economic Issues
Minimum Wage: Minimum wage adjusted to inflation.

Healthcare: Universal healthcare.

Trade: I think Argentina should take a more liberal stance in regards to trade - I think pragmatically that the protectionist model of the last decades is not fit for today. However, in regards to strategic industries protectionism needs to be maintained. Encourage agricultural export.

Unions: Pro-union

Energy: More is better: both renewable and non-renewable energies should be supported. However, with climate change renewables should be prioritized.

Education: Support mixed public/private schooling system, favouring public education; homeschooling should be available if parents want so regardless.

Taxes: Progressive tax system, streamlined and more efficient: more for the rich, less for the poor. I think we should set a system of tax-free zones through Argentina in order to encourage industry and business.

Foreign Policy. Here I will respond mostly as if I lived in the US; which honestly we all do, given the intense globalization of the last decades.
Afghanistan: Leave.
Iraq: Leave, but should work with the Iraqi government to prevent a return of extremist terrorists.
Syria: Stay out of it.
Cuba: Better relations, lift sanctions.
Malvinas: We should reaffirm our claim to the South Atlantic Islands through diplomatic and peaceful means.
Defense Spending: We should increase the funds of the Argentine military, its outdated and we're falling behind on defense matters. We have Chinese fishing boats preying on our waters for example - a nuclear submarine would be cool to deal with that.

Environment
Climate Change: Prioritize renewable energies, tax polluting companies.

Electoral Issues
Voter ID: Support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies