Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:08:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 561048 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« on: June 26, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »

Secular, pragmatic Democrat, who doesn't like amnesty but support statehood status for Puerto Rico, due to my growing up in Illinois, around Latinos

Don't like legalizing weed, I support the military, and look up to secular politicans like RFK.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »

I do believe in secular views, but I am a realist on immigration reform, that the country is nervous about the influx of Latinos taking American jobs away, that's why the conservatives have been empowered since 2010.

The Obamacare bill did in some way hand alot of clout towards the Unions, due to the fact that Unions will have say-so over health care in the Workforce

Obama and Nancy Pelosi and Reid made the mistake of going after Health care, instead of first dealing with repeal of the Bush tax cuts and reforming the tax code.

This would of enabled the GOP not to make a tea party revolt against Obamacare package and won control of Congress.  We can't fault the Democrats that much, the very same thing happened in England.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 07:48:19 PM »

Secular, supportive of climate change, secular religious thought and supportive of DC statehood.

Abortion,  LGBT and amnesty not captive of Dem Establishment. Follow my own mind, and Griswald on abortion stands on former grounds, since there is a conservative majority on Crts, now
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »

Marbury v Madison Judicial Review set the framework of ending the Fugitive Slave Act and Abe Lincoln declaring Emancipation Proclamation.  John Marshall declared an act, writ of mandamus, appellate jurisdiction instead of SCOTUS original jurisdiction; consequently, Crts can strike down Acts of Congress as unconstitutional. Emancipation Proclamation declared the Figitive Slave Act unconstitutional.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies