Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:14:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 557917 times)
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« on: March 29, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »

Ideology
Social: Moderately liberal
Economic: Liberal
Foreign Policy: Non-Intervionalist

Social Policy
Abortion: 100% pro-choice. Support Planned Parenthood and federal funding toward it. I might be open to allowing states to decide if they want to ban abortions after a certain number of weeks, likely 20 weeks being the minimum.

Same-Sex Marriage: Unequically support.

Transgender Issues: Use whatever bathroom you are most comfortable with. I don’t really care.

Drugs: Legalize marijuana, while taxing and regulating it like alcohol. The War on Drugs is pointless.

Death Penalty: Support. There are some criminals who commit crimes so heinous that they aren’t worthy of life.

Gun Control: Expand background checks. Against an assault weapons ban or raising the age to purchase to 21. You shouldn’t be allowed to vote or register in the draft before being able to buy a gun. (Everything should be 18 - drinking age should be lowered.) There needs to be more done to address mental health and the stigma surrounding it.

Affirmative Action: Support, in order to prevent discrimination.

Prostitution: Status quo.

Euthanasia: Support, as long as the patient has less than 6 months to live and is in substantial pain on a daily basis.

Immigration: More funding for border security but no wall. Deport every illegal who commits a crime (not counting a traffic violation or things of that nature.) Protect DACA.

Police Issues/Black Lives Matter: Support BLM.

Free Speech/Political Correctness: Support free speech. If we don’t have this, we don’t have a country. Everyone has the right to say what they want as long as they aren’t inciting violence. PC culture has also gone too far.

School Prayer: No for public schools, up for private schools to decide.

Muslim Ban: No way.

PATRIOT ACT/NSA Spying: Support both.

Economic Issues
Minimum Wage: Raise to $12.50 nationwide and allow states to increase further if they choose.

Social Security: Gradually raise minimum age to 68 for all by 2030. If you collected before 2030 and you are/were younger than that you’re grandfathered in.

Healthcare: Single-payer system.

Globalization/Trade: Support TPP and NAFTA, but very weary of free trade. Too many jobs in the Rust Belt are being lost and something needs to be done to help these people.

Deficit/Debt: Irrelevant. Republicans say they care about the national debt and then pass legislation which happens to raise it even further. Democrats do the later as well, but don’t lie about caring about it like Republicans do.

Campaign Finance Reform: Limit on how much can be donated to a campaign.

Unions: Very-pro. In favor of legislation to protect unions.

Energy: Pro renewable energy. We need to move more so away from coal.

Job Creation: A major infrastructure deal. A greater focus on training and re-training individuals in order to be acclimated to the 21st century. Coal mine and steel mill jobs aren’t coming back to the level they were 50 years ago, but Democrats shouldn’t turn their backs to these people.

Education: Support Common Core. Establish a universal day care, find a way to make undergraduate college degrees more affordable. Better information needs to be given to college applicants and incoming college students about the loans they take.

Taxes: Set corporation tax rates to 28% and given tax credits to companies who don’t ship jobs and companies overseas.

INDIVIDUAL               JOINTLY
10%: Up to $10,000            10%: Up to $20,000
12%: $10,001 to $60,000         12%: $20,001 to $120,000
24%: $60,001 to $150,000         24%: $120,001 to $300,000
36%: $150,001 to $500,000      36%: $300,001 to $1,000,000
40%: over $500,000            40%: over $1,000,000

Cuts down the brackets from seven to five. Essentially does it by multiples of 12 (12%, 24%, and 36%) to simplify things, with a 10% bracket and a 40% bracket. Raises taxes on singles making over 60k filing single and those making over 120k filing jointly by 2%. Those making under these thresholds will see a reduction. These figures will be adjusted for inflation.

Other economic issues: More needs to be done to address the growing income inequality in this country. Establish three weeks of paid vacation minimum for every job, which may be increased down the road. 3 months paid maternity leave and 3 weeks paid paternity leave.

Foreign Policy
Middle East: The UN needs to be stronger, so we should not be playing a huge role here. To be blunt we should be focused on trying to ensure that we can get the cheapest oil possible.

Syrian Refugees: Support taking in refugees. However, they must be vetted extremely closely (unfortunately, more so for men over 18.)

Israel/Palestine: Support Israel, but like I stated earlier we need to try and pull back from the Middle East.

North Korea: North Korea is not as much of a threat as Russia. We must exhaust every diplomatic measure we have before thinking of taking another action. I think Kim Jong-un is more bark than bite.

Russia: Enforce stronger economic sanctions and provide support to our allies who share our mindset.

Climate Change: Is real and is mostly caused by humankind. Anyone who thinks otherwise in the face of science is a fool. Support increasing funding towards climate change, as well as the Paris Climate Agreement.

Electoral Issues
Gerrymandering: Oppose. Support independent commission to draw congressional maps.

Term limits: Oppose.

Voter ID: Support, but the type of ID shouldn’t be so strict. Government IDs should be cheap and easy to buy.

Voting age: Keep at 18.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »

I last did mine in Spring 2018 so I'll update:

Ideology
Social: Moderately liberal
Economic: Liberal
Foreign Policy: Non-Intervionalist

Social Policy
Abortion: 100% pro-choice. Support Planned Parenthood and federal funding toward it. I might be open to allowing states to decide if they want to ban abortions after a certain number of weeks, likely 20 weeks being the minimum.

Same-Sex Marriage: Unequivocally support.

Transgender Issues: Use whatever bathroom you are most comfortable with. I don’t really care.

Drugs: Legalize marijuana, while taxing and regulating it like alcohol. The War on Drugs is pointless.

Death Penalty: Support. There are some criminals who commit crimes so heinous that they aren’t worthy of life.

Gun Control: Expand background checks. Against an assault weapons ban or raising the age to purchase to 21. You shouldn’t be allowed to vote or register in the draft before being able to buy a gun. (Everything should be 18 - drinking age should be lowered as well, which is a different discussion.) There needs to be more done to address mental health and the stigma surrounding it.

Affirmative Action: I've gone back on forth on this one. It's a good concept (obviosuly) but I don't think I can support it in full.

Prostitution: Status quo.

Euthanasia: Support, as long as the patient has less than 6 months to live and is medically judged to be in substantial pain on a daily basis.

Immigration: More funding for border security but no wall. Deport every illegal who commits an actual crime (not counting a traffic violation or things of that nature.) Protect DACA.

Police Issues/Black Lives Matter: Support BLM (duh.)

Free Speech/Political Correctness: Support free speech. PC culture has gone too far.

School Prayer: No for public schools, up for private schools to decide.

Muslim Ban: No way.

PATRIOT ACT/NSA Spying: Support both.

Economic Issues
Minimum Wage: Raise to $12.50 nationwide and allow states to increase further if they choose.

Social Security: Gradually raise minimum age to 69 (nice) to receive full benefits for all by 2030. If you collected before 2030 and you are/were younger than that you’re grandfathered in.

Healthcare: Public option.

Globalization/Trade: Oppose TPP and NAFTA.

Deficit/Debt: Irrelevant. Republicans say they care about the national debt and then pass legislation which happens to raise it even further. Democrats do the later as well, but don’t lie about caring about it like Republicans do.

Campaign Finance Reform: Limit on how much can be donated to a campaign.

Unions: I'm in one so obviously I'm very-pro. In favor of legislation to protect unions.

Energy: Pro renewable energy. We need to move more so away from coal.

Job Creation: A major infrastructure deal. A greater focus on training and re-training individuals in order to be acclimated to the 21st century. Coal mine and steel mill jobs aren’t coming back to the level they were 50 years ago, but Democrats shouldn’t turn their backs to these people.

Education: Support Common Core. Establish a universal day care, find a way to make undergraduate college degrees more affordable. Better information needs to be given to college applicants and incoming college students about the loans they take. I agree with most of Biden's plan.

Taxes: Set corporation tax rates to 30% and given tax credits to companies who don’t ship jobs and companies overseas. It's 21% since 2018 but was 35% in the 1990s and into the 2000s.

INDIVIDUAL               JOINTLY
10%: Up to $12,000            10%: Up to $24,000
12%: $12,001 to $50,000         12%: $24,001 to $100,000
24%: $50,001 to $125,000         24%: $100,001 to $250,000
36%: $125,001 to $300,000      36%: $250,001 to $600,000
40%: over $300,001            40%: over $600,000

Cuts down the brackets from seven to five. Essentially does it by multiples of 12 (12%, 24%, and 36%) to simplify things, with a 10% bracket and a 40% bracket. All of individual's income under 50k is taxed less than current, while everything from 50k to 125k is the same. Everything after first 125k goes up. This creates 80.4 billion in new revenues, compared to the current code that only creates around 40 billion.

Other economic issues: More needs to be done to address the growing income inequality in this country. Establish three weeks of paid vacation minimum for every job, which may be increased down the road. 3 months paid maternity leave and 3 weeks paid paternity leave.

Foreign Policy
Middle East: The Middle East is a massive mess and the less that we are involved, the better. UN needs to be stronger, so we should not be playing a huge role. To be blunt we should be focused on trying to ensure that we can get the cheapest oil possible.

Syrian Refugees: Support taking in refugees. However, they must be vetted extremely closely.

Israel/Palestine: Support Israel, but like I stated earlier we need to try and pull back from the Middle East.

North Korea: North Korea is secondary compared to Russia and China.

Russia: Enforce stronger economic sanctions and provide support to our allies who share our mindset.

Climate Change: Support increasing funding towards climate change, as well as the Paris Climate Agreement.

Electoral Issues
Gerrymandering: Status quo.

Term limits: Oppose.

Voter ID: Support, but the type of ID shouldn’t be so strict. Government IDs should be cheap and easy to buy.

Voting age: Keep at 18.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies