Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:05:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 558021 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 30, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »

Social Issues

I'm basically as far to the left as someone can be when it comes to social issues, although I personally believe abortion is wrong. I'm pro-choice, 100% pro SSM and LGBT rights, believe in marijuana legalization (harder drugs should be decriminalized, but not legalized), I strongly believe in the separation of church and state and  a secular federal government. I'm not sure if gun control and immigration are typically considered social issues, but I consider them to be social issues so I'll cover them here. On immigration, I believe our legal immigration system should be drastically simplified, I believe in a pathway to citizenship for Illegals who have not committed violent crimes while here. felon illegals should be deported. I don't support "The Wall", but I do support securing the current border and hiring more border control agents if necessary. as for gun control, I am generally very pro-2A, but do favor universal background checks and making it as hard as is humanly possible for mentally unstable people to purchase guns.

I'll post my other political views whenever I find the time.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:06:12 PM »

Ideology: Moderate Conservative

Abortion: Pro Life with the normal exceptions

Climate Change: Is real.

Same-Sex Marriage: I believe it is a settled issue.

Drugs: Support marijuana legalization

Death Penalty: Strongly Support

Euthanasia: Oppose

Gun Control: Strongly pro-gun rights

Affirmative Action: Strongly oppose

Political correctness: Not a fan.

Immigration: Secure the border. Know who we are letting in. Supports DACA and would support DREAM Act

Muslim Ban: Would support a travel ban from high-risk countries

Minimum Wage: Support an increase. Not $15 though

Energy: All of the above, including coal.

War/Foreign: Lean hawk. We should make sure we are the strongest country in the world but I do not support regime change or nation building.

I must say, I wasn't expecting someone with a blue Alabama avatar to be this reasonable.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »

Social Issues

Abortion
- Support a 20-week ban with the exception of danger to the life of mother
- Support Planned Parenthood as long as funding isn’t used for abortions

LGBTQ+ Rights
- Support same sex marriage and adoption
- Sexual orientation should be protected by anti-discrimination laws
- Anyone can use whichever bathroom they want
- Allow voluntary conversion therapy
- No issue with LGBTQ+ citizens in the military

Guns:
- Support background checks
- Prevent those who are unfit from obtaining a gun (ex. extreme cases of mental/psychological disability, those who have a record of violent crime - especially gun related charges, etc.)
- Do not support gun bans and magazine limits
- Support both open and concealed carry

Drugs
- Support full legalization of marijuana
- Support decriminalization of harder stuff, prefer focusing on addiction as a mental illness vs. a crime

Religious Freedom
- Should be protected
- The government should not force citizens or businesses to operate against their religious views

Death Penalty
- Support for extreme cases where the crime is especially heinous and there is no doubt about who committed the crime (ex. serial killers, terrorists, etc.)

Euthanasia
- Support as long as the patient is terminally ill and expected to live 6 months or less
- Patient must be of sound mind to make the decision, must not be a result of mental illness
- Doctor cannot be forced to perform the procedure, but should be able to recommend one who will

Immigration
- Create a pathway to citizenship for all non-violent immigrants, deport ones who are violent
- Oppose making English official language, but basic knowledge should be required
- Increase border security, but make the process of legally coming here easier

Confederate Flags/Monuments
- History should not be erased, do not support removing
- Should be protected from desecration
- Would prefer a plaque or sign placing them in context vs removal or placement in museums
- If people want to fly it, let them fly it.

Political Correctness
- People these days take it way too far
- Know your audience and try not to be a jerk
- It's not that serious

Economic Issues

Minimum Wage
- Should be increased, but rate should determined based on cost of living in the areas where people reside, though support keeping a reasonable federal minimum wage to avoid people being taken advantage of
- Definitely no federal increase to $15
- Adjust with inflation
- Businesses should not be placed at risk

Trade
- Support some fair trade. It’s incredibly crucial to re-negotiate and doing a better job with future deals so American businesses and industries are not harmed.
- Support tariffs on select imports to protect American industries.

Taxes
- No huge issues with current tax rates, though we need to be better about how we are using the money
- Simplify the tax code to make it easier for people to understand

Environment

Climate Change
- Climate change is real, and caused by humans and is natural
- In favor of putting in place limits on carbon dioxide output

Renewable Energy
- Strongly support new forms of nuclear power
- Support investing in solar, wind, and hydroelectric power.
- Support phasing out of fossil fuel usage

Used fhtagn’s format, didn’t need to change much.
I'm very confused right now. you seem like an alt-right type and yet most of your stated views here are centrist or even slightly left-of-center.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 08:15:55 PM »

I'm very confused right now. you seem like an alt-right type and yet most of your stated views here are centrist or even slightly left-of-center.

Prolly because I don’t give af about certain social issues, the only ones that really matter to me are trade, immigration and energy... I’ve never been alt-right and it just looks like it cuz I troll 90% of the time. My views might be centrish I guess but ISideWith still has Trump at 84% for me.
You sound moderate on immigration and energy as well, definitely not an alt-right reactionary type.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:00:09 PM »

Here I go again. I'll try to cover as many topics as possible.

- I'm 100% pro-choice and do not support any restrictions on abortion other than banning partial birth abortions (except for in cases of rape, incest, or life of the mother)
- I fully support equal rights for all LGBT people, they should be allowed to marry, serve in the military, and adopt children as well as everything else that straight people are allowed to do
- I support legalizing all drugs and creating a treatment based approach to drug abuse rather than another pointless war on drugs that won't do a lick of good
- I support a pathway to citizenship for illegals already here and believe legal immigration should be made as easy as possible to seriously cut down on illegal immigration. I oppose the wall but we do need to make sure we have a secure border and we keep out people who pose a serious threat to the country
- I strongly oppose the travel ban and any kind of religious-based ban, these don't work and are based solely on fear-mongering and xenophobia
- I don't believe in banning school prayer or anything like that, but non-religious students shouldn't be forced to participate in anything that violates their beliefs
- I support school choice but also public schools, oppose vouchers for the most part
- I support Affirmative Action in most cases, but think it shouldn't just apply to blacks
- I'm neutral on removing Confederate statues, but they do not belong at any official Government sites or state capitals.  Rednecks can fly the flag if they wish, it's their right to do so
- I am a free speech absolutist and believe that as long as you aren't directly inciting violence you should be allowed to say whatever you please
- The right to peacefully protest is also essential and I support it for everyone regardless of how vile some of their views may be
- I don't believe in putting US boots on the ground to fight any war, I believe we should use a foreign coalition of soldiers + US drone strikes
- I strongly support free trade, NAFTA, TPP, and any other trade deals
- I support cutting taxes for the poor and middle class, and keeping them where they are for the wealthy and big corporations
- I prefer a Japanese style healthcare system to either Obamacare or a purely free market approach that the GOP advocates
- I absolutely oppose the death penalty in all cases as it is not the government's job to decide which citizens live or die, and on top of this it's well known that it does not deter crime. in really extreme cases like war criminals or terrorists, it may however be the appropriate punishment.
- I support the right of terminally ill people to commit assisted suicide with a reputable physician helping them
- I am a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but we need tough background checks, a longer waiting period, and a ban on bump stocks as it makes zero sense for someone to be able to legally convert a legal weapon into an illegal weapon
- I support Trump's decision to move the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem
- I don't think political correctness is a serious issue in modern society
- I'm obviously 100% against racists and the alt-right, but still respect their right to spew their vile views
- I believe that it's undeniable that climate change is real and it should be treated as a national security threat
- I believe we should have a generous welfare state, but ensure that any fraud is stamped out immediately and the perps are prosecuted
- I don't support raising the retirement age for social security
- I don't believe the Government has the right to punish sanctuary cities
- I support the NSA, but they need to be monitored carefully by a watch dog to ensure that they don't violate anyone's fourth amendment rights
- And lastly, I don't think it's really the Governments job to tell people what they can or can't do as long as whatever they're doing does not harm anyone physically.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies