Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:52:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 558075 times)
🕴🏼Melior🕴🏼
Melior
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.17

« on: February 22, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »
« edited: February 22, 2017, 11:48:07 PM by Melior »

Ideology
Social: Stuanch progressive liberal nanny-statist
Economic: Pro-business liberal. I'm a proud believer in capitalism and free markets, but I also support a strong welfare state to help those in need and tough government regulations on certain industries to protect consumers.
Foreign: "Realist"
Political Registration: Democrat

Social Policy
Abortion: Pro-choice
Same Sex Marriage: Support
Drug policy: I believe in legalizing marijuana for both recreational and medical purposes. I support ending the War on Drugs. However, I also support heavy sin taxes (especially on cigarettes) and raising the smoking age.
Death Penalty: I wouldn't necessarily say I support the death penalty. I believe that the death penalty should only be used very rarely (like maybe once every year at the absolute most) and only for the most heinous crimes.
Gun Control: I support background checks and banning guns for those on the No Fly List. However, I oppose banning "assault" weapons, and I also believe that gun control laws should vary by location (New York City should have stricter gun laws than rural Ohio)
Prostitution: Legalize it
Euthanasia: Reluctantly support
PATRIOT Act/NSA Spying: Reluctantly support
Immigration: I am a strong supporter of immigration reform. Immigration is good for our country.
Guantanamo: Close it

Economic Policy
Minimum Wage: I support increasing the minimum wage.
Welfare: Support
Social Security: I'm strongly opposed to cutting or privatizing Social Security.
Right-to-Work: Oppose
Taxation: We should keep income taxes at current levels. We should abolish corporate taxes. However, we should raise the capital gains tax and taxing carried interest like regular income. We should also close any loopholes to make sure the wealthy pay their fair share.
Obamacare: Support, but I oppose universal health care.
Trade: I'm a strong supporter of free trade. I'm pro-TPP and pro-NAFTA.
Climate Change: Climate change is real. We should impose heavy regulations to help combat climate change.
Keystone pipeline: Oppose
Fiscal policy: I oppose any form a balanced-budget amendment. More government investment on things like infrastructure and the economy is good. Cutting government spending is bad for the economy.
Equal pay for equal work: Strongly support
Wall Street: This is an issue that I disagree with most Democrats on. I support repealing Dodd-Frank. I believe that the financial industry should be deregulated. I believe that many Democrats wrongly blame Wall Street for our problems. Wall Street gets an unfair amount of hate. However, we should also reinstate Glass-Stegall.

Other stances:
Gerrymandering: Establish non-partisan redistricting commission
Term limits: Oppose
Common core: Support
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies