Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:24:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560564 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 02, 2009, 02:56:02 AM »

Holy sh**t, I mean, I disagree with some of what he put down, but Jfern's outline looks pretty damn reasonable.

It's a shame he spends literally all his time making snide comments about Republicans rather than contributing.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »

1. Stop taking the game of politics so seriously.
2. Stop trying to control everyone's lives.
3. Spend tax-payers' money as if it were your own.

That's pretty much the gist of it.  There are of course some nuances, but none that are significant enough to note.  They fall within those three pretty well.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »

I've really fallen away from taking specific positions.  It's not at all a realistic or even rational approach to politics that we've unfortunately become culturally fixated on.  All it does is perpetuate the game that is our political world and for some reason I'd expect others here to similarly reject the notion.  Then again, like 90% of the people here are under the delusion that they're perpetually running for office, so it makes sense.  Really, political beliefs should be broken down into philosophical priorities rather than specific positions on the issue of the day.  I guess I shouldn't talk since my positions are about as consistent as Paula Abdul's state of consciousness.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies